my hardware spec

P35 DS3R

CORE 2 DUO E2160

GF 7600GT

8 Channels ALC889A Audio controller

HOW INSTALL KEXT FILES propetlyi dont understand this OS

help me

hi!

To install kexts search forum, there is very good info here. Sorry for shot message, writing from iPhone

ALC 662 on leo 10.5.1 working with patcher ver 1.20 with no master volume control with ALC662.txt dump found on this forum. I am using the latest sleep_kernel from irc. My problem is that AppleHDA won't turn on after sleep, causing a crash on the first sound produced after wake up.

this is what system log says:

Feb 18 18:13:12 veles-acpi kernel[0]: System Sleep
Feb 18 18:25:53 veles-acpi kernel[0]: System Wake
Feb 18 18:26:04 veles-acpi kernel[0]: AppleHDADriver::setPowerState(0x41c2200, 0 -> 1) timed out after 10100 ms

I have a Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2L motherboiard with nForce405 and onboard Realtek ALC662 codec.

I really need the sleep to work but I also need sound after sleep.

Taruga any ideas of how to solve this problem. Is it a kernel issue? I don't mind that the ALC662 doesn't have a working master volume or that sound is distorted because is set to maximum i really need sleep and sound.

hi anyone? pls help me...i don't know anything about mac...someone who is kind pls do provide me a thorough step by step solution for my problem...please...need help desparately... :)

Anyone kind enough? Please help me. Please, begging any kind soul to help me fix my sound problem. I'm using an Intel D915GAV motherboard. Just installed 10.5.1 using Kalyway method. I'm seriously desparate here. Please :D

ALC 662 on leo 10.5.1 working with patcher ver 1.20 with no master volume control with ALC662.txt dump found on this forum. I am using the latest sleep_kernel from irc. My problem is that AppleHDA won't turn on after sleep, causing a crash on the first sound produced after wake up.

this is what system log says:

Feb 18 18:13:12 veles-acpi kernel[0]: System Sleep
Feb 18 18:25:53 veles-acpi kernel[0]: System Wake
Feb 18 18:26:04 veles-acpi kernel[0]: AppleHDADriver::setPowerState(0x41c2200, 0 -> 1) timed out after 10100 ms

I have a Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2L motherboiard with nForce405 and onboard Realtek ALC662 codec.

I really need the sleep to work but I also need sound after sleep.

Taruga any ideas of how to solve this problem. Is it a kernel issue? I don't mind that the ALC662 doesn't have a working master volume or that sound is distorted because is set to maximum i really need sleep and sound.

Just an example to test, see the ForceWakeToIdle

<key>HDA Driver</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDA</string>
		<key>CodecInfo</key>
		<array>			
			<dict>
				<key>AnalogOut</key>
				<dict>
					<key>SignalProcessing</key>
					<dict>
						<key>Volume</key>
						<dict>
							<key>SoftwareVolume</key>
							<dict/>
						</dict>
					</dict>
				</dict>
				<key>CodecID</key>
				<integer>283904130</integer>
				<key>ForceWakeToIdle</key>	   <<<<<<< HERE
				<true/>										 <<<<<<< Change it to false to see if it has something to do with your problem
			</dict>
		</array>

hey taruga....

do have some good news for the AD1988B ????

i know u are busy but maybe u can look for this audio when u have time and make some people happy......PLZ

Edited by Taruga
I have to wait for a couple more donations, to buy a board with ad198x for testing with AppleHDA and also to test with my own audio driver i´m working at.

Taruga, I too am having the same problem. No sound on wake. I however do have full volume control with my sound along with digital out, etc. I have a ALC885 chipset. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

EDIT: I did try setting ForceWakeToIdle as false with no change to the systems behavior.

-Stell

<key>HDA Driver</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CodecInfo</key>
		<array>			
			<dict>
				<key>AnalogOut</key>
				<dict>
					<dict>
						<key>Volume</key>
						<dict>
							<dict/>
						</dict>
					</dict>
				</dict>
				<key>CodecID</key>
				<true/>										 <<<<<<< Change it to false to see if it has something to do with your problem
			</dict>
		</array>

Edited by Taruga
Are you using patched applesmbios and or appleacpiplatform kexts ?

<key>CodecID</key>
			 </dict>
		 </array>

No change. It dosen't work. After sleep no sound and system freezes. System.log gives me the same message.

Thank you anyway.

Well, just wanted to say that the AppleHDA patcher v1.16 worked quite well on my Laptop:

Dell Latitude D520

Sigmatel STAC9200 (codec attached and sent to codecs@netcabo.pt)

I didn't test all tricky features yet (i.e. Sleep/WakeUp, sound after insert/remove headphone,...)

Oh, and I am using Tiger 10.4.8 (JaS Intel 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3)

Thanks a lot for this patch

sigmatel_STAC_9200.txt

Thats how i can get working Toshiba x200 ALC268 ))))) i am download this installer http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry563565

Then i connect creative xmod to laptop and make connection from xmod out to line-in of toshiba

set the default output device Xmod and now i hear sound from my laptop speakers, however without subwoofer

))) very strange

Kudos to this site for all the great help. I have Mac OS X 10.5.2 running stable on my Intel Bundle, with one minor issue.

I'll give you my relevant specs first.

Board: Intel DG33TL Media Series

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Audio: Sigmatel STAC9271D

RAM: PNY PC 5300 x 4GB

Dual Booting Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.5.2 Kalyway

Graphics: Nvidia 8800 GT OC by BFG

HDD: Seagate 320GB SATA

WiFi: Dynex Wireless G PCI card.

As to my particular issue:

So far the only success I've found with sound is the STAC9271D for testing kexts posted on the first post of this thread. Something interesting to note is that those kexts will not work with the latest BIOS from Intel. I'm currently using a BIOS from November 2007.

Using those "for testing" kexts, I was able to get sound out of both the front and rear audio out jacks (Green). In my Audio MIDI setup, Internal Speaker is my default out and it controls both of those jacks. I can not change the MASTER slider, only the R and L slider (audio levels). I am OK with this...I get sound and that's great.

However, I would like to use some of the great production programs offered on the Mac to create a recurring podcast. What makes me hopeful that this is possible is that those testing kexts to allow me to get Audio input! I can record with my Mic. The problem is, the properties in the Audio MIDI setup do not allow me to change any input levels whatsoever. They are grayed out and un-clickable. They are set very very low.

Just to bring you up to speed on a couple of different things I've tried:

- I have used my own dump with the command cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#2 > /blahblahblah/itdoesntmatter.txt . I used the Ubuntu Live CD 7.10 to get this plaintext file. I used HDApatcher 1.15, 1.16, and 1.20 and achieved the same result....no sound whatsoever. The only way I get any input/output is with the STAC9271D for testing kexts.

To summarize, I need to be able to change my line-in levels. Any help would be appreciated.

<key>HDA Driver</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CodecInfo</key>
		<array>			
			<dict>
				<key>AnalogOut</key>
				<dict>
					<dict>
						<key>Volume</key>
						<dict>
							<dict/>
						</dict>
					</dict>
				</dict>
				<key>CodecID</key>
			</dict>
		</array>

Hey Taruga... I have the same sound card (662) and it works ok with 1.20 patcher and the alc662.txt dump but I'm curious if you have any ideas with the volume control problem...

I just donated 10 � btw...Keep up the great work and..Thank you for your time

P.S.: I run multiple web servers so I can provide you with a good hosting package for free if you think it would be any help in your cause.

Regards,

Limneos

I can't attach, some forum temporary problem.

I'm posting the links to the uploaded screenshots:

http://www.limneos.net/Picture 3.png

http://www.limneos.net/Picture 4.png

THANK YOU

Edited by limneos
Please attach a screenshot of output sound devices list to check something.... and thanx for your donation.

I tried this new 9228 file and I now got both internal speaker working and I can choose headphones on my dell xps m1330, even the mic is working. :D But it is not able to detect that I plugged in the headphones. But that is minor. I want to make a codecdump for my laptop, but then I need to install linux as it is not so easy to add option to the driver on the live cd :/ ...

Where did you get this codec dump? I am looking for a codec dump or something for the sigmatel 9228 so my built in mic and mic jack works. I have a dell xps 1530.

I have STAc9271D onboard on a Intel DP35DP and I can't find a way to make it work!

I read this thread and I find a lot of tricks but link for "Stac9271D 0x83847627 for testing" is broken.... =((((

I already have Taruga installed asking me to "drag and drop your linux codec dump into the AppleHDA Patcher icon" ... but I can't find drivers!!!!

Some one can help me!? Pleeeeaseeeeee!!!