AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Happy Belated Birthday Taruga!

Hey guys, I got sound working on my other computer with patcher 1.15, but I am having trouble getting sound to work on my laptop. I have kalyways 10.5 kernel (vanilla) installed on my HP dv9700 Laptop. I got my Codec from Ubuntu and this is what it says:

Codec: Motorola Si3054

Address: 1

Vendor Id: 0x10573055

Subsystem Id: 0x10573055

Revision Id: 0x100700

However, when I toss it into the patcher I get the error: * Detected unsupported Motorola Codec. Does that just mean that I'm screwed and I won't be able to have sound? Is there some way to get around this? Any help or insight would be appreciated!

why is everyone sucking up to this guy for? let him alone and let him be.

back to business i went site in the 1st page and i saw 2 codec text file or dumb for my toshiba laptop - alc660 and alc660-c,

i used the first one didn't work caused some bad effect, so i am kind of scared to test the other one. all i/we want now is the headphone jack to work. i am very very pleased with audio coming from this cheap laptop, sounds like dolby surround everytime love it. so any advice

hi, the dump for my alc888 / AD1988 do not exist. Those alredy exist not work on my cards of the P5B. Can i make my dump? i've linux Ubuntu installed on my computer. i know that the command is cat /proc/....... > $home/dump_audio.txt , but which is the folder where it's found my cards?

a message to taruga: the ad1981hd codec dump done in linux ubuntu in a nx7300 hp notebook is wrong!!! I downloaded the pin configuration scheme of this soundcard and manually edited my codec dump. While before the editing the taruga patcher didn't recognize the spdif out, after the manual editing of some pins configuration the taruga patcher recognize spdif out but still no audio. I think that problem is about a wrong codec dump by linux. I'm attaching my codec dump done in linux that is really different respect the pin configuration scheme. The scheme for ad1981hd is here: http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/AD1981HD.pdf

the codec dump is attached in this post.

ad1981hddump.txt

I have a ASUS P5N-E SLI mobo, which has on-board shound device Realtek AC883.

I've tried using the HDAPathcher but I had no success in making the sound work. Is there any other configuration I should do or try? Or is the patching process different for my device?

Here is some info about my driver that could be helpful:

Vendor: 10EC

Device: 0883

The controller info is:

Vendor: 10DE

Device: 026C

Thanks!

Using AppleAzalia solution didn't solve my problem either.

hi to all,

I installed Leopard 10.5.2 in my HD everything working good except my sound. when I tryed to invoke the files from Tiger 10.4.10 the one work good to Leopard 10.5.2 and reboot to Leo it does not like it and it give me yellow Alert that Leopard can't use this files.

I hope if any one know a patche for ALC888 AC97 audio (PCM) for Leopard that will work with Motherboard ASUS A8M2N-LA

Motherboard

Motherboard Model: ASUS A8M2N-LA

HP name: NodusM3-GL8E

Chipset: GeForce 6150 LE chipset

Interface: unknown

Manufacturer: ASUS

Model: ALC888 not working

thanks

Hi all!

Strange problem here, but I'm very very close.

I've got on my laptop realtek alc262.

When I put my dump into AppleHDAPatcher 1.20 after reboot I've got no sound, but when I then remove AppleHDA.kext and replace it with this which I found in this topic for benq i get sound. And it works fine (excluding microphone which is not shown) even auto switch between internal/external, but the problem is when i reboot. Then i get only sound in internal speakers (spdif is removed) and microphone appears (which actually doesn't work). So i think its something with ALCinject. I attach my dump and AppleHDA.kext which works till restart.

Archive.zip

codec_dump.txt

Regards

Funny, last time with leopard I patched the sound succesfully, now It's not working... that's what the patcher says

Analog Devices AD1986A

Vendor Id : 0x11d41986

Subsystem Id : 0x10431443

It says that the codec needs more research

What to do, i think i have to reinstall.. i did that yesterday..

both AMD and Intel MoBos use HDA inteconnect standard so there are no differrencies in audio circuitry, the same kext would work in both machines. Try the ALC888-known-to-work kext and see if it works. Move the HDAAudio.kext from tiger to Leo, install, reboot - check.

Hey guys.. i am still stuck with no sound :(

been bashing m head against this laptop for over 2 weeks now

I have STAC 9750

8086/24c5 AC97 sound card in the system.

Using Knoppix i was able to get the sound working by unchecking external amp in kmix.

here is the cat of the codec from knoppix. It is not making sense to me as its not in the format i expected it to be. Any help will be appreciated.

0-0/0: Conexant id 30

PCI Subsys Vendor: 0x161f

PCI Subsys Device: 0x202f

Revision : 0x00

Compat. Class : 0x00

Subsys. Vendor ID: 0x0000

Subsys. ID : 0x0000

Capabilities : -reserved1- -headphone out-

DAC resolution : 18-bit

ADC resolution : 18-bit

3D enhancement : No 3D Stereo Enhancement

Current setup

Mic gain : +20dB [+20dB]

POP path : pre 3D

Sim. stereo : off

3D enhancement : off

Loudness : off

Mono output : MIX

Mic select : Mic1

ADC/DAC loopback : off

Extended ID : codec=0 rev=2 AMAP DSA=0 SPDIF

Extended status : PRL PRK PRJ PRI SPCV SPDIF=10/11 SPDIF

SPDIF Control : Consumer PCM Copyright Category=0x22 Generation=1 Rate=48kHz

Extended modem ID: codec=0 LIN1

Modem status : PRA(GPIO)

Line1 rate : 48000Hz

Hello!

I have an Asus A6JC and just installed the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5 and I don't have sound and wireless.

Does anyone had the same problem or have any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Thank you!

edu

That's not odd.

What are you system specs? Which Wifi Card? Which sound card (take a look at the first post, and, maybe you'll find your answer)?

Funny, last time with leopard I patched the sound succesfully, now It's not working... that's what the patcher says

Analog Devices AD1986A

Vendor Id : 0x11d41986

Subsystem Id : 0x10431443

It says that the codec needs more research

What to do, i think i have to reinstall.. i did that yesterday..

->

THANKS

Hello.

I am sorry to bother you, but I got a bit desperate. I was reading these guides:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83039

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15474

They all reffered to this topic:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

I tried all the dump files from http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/sigmatel/ , but still no result. The drivers for Vista on dell.com are named "Sigmatec stac92xx".

Well, please, help me out to make my sound work when you have some time.

And I would like to note that I'm a n00b, if it was not clear by now. ;) I know little about Mac/Linux/etc, regarding the fact that I was programming under FreeBSD for a year.

PS: I would just like to add the fact that I used iATKOS v1.0i rc2. After the installation only with the LAN driver the following things were working:

LAN Broadcom 440x

WiFi Broadcom 59xx

WebCam

No problems with restart/shut down

When I played a video with QuickTime it is showing that the sound is working. No warning from VLC. There is a sound icon in the tray. When I started patching the sound icon disapeared form the tray and with the different dumps I got always:

Back mic

Speaker

Sometimes:

Line In

Headphones

SPDIF out

After patching the system boot slower and QuickTime/VLC were showing that there is no sound.