AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

I have an iATKOS install and i had sound through headphones and 1.16 patcher, but using new 9228 kexts doesn't add speakers. It shows up in audio preferences (i can switch sound to internal speakers) but i won't hear anything. I tried reinstalling a couple times and even re-doing the 1.16 patcher then re-installing the new 9228 kexts, but nothing. ---

i've seen a couple other people with this problem, but a couple got it working with sleep (can't, using the new nvidia framework), and some with reinstalls. I'm thinking about rying to reinstall iATKOS and doing it from the beginning, to see if its from something i messed with along the way. I can't see why it'd work for macgirl on the same computer and (distrobution?) of leo but not me unless i tweaked some file. I'm using the vanilla kernel. Any tips?/News?

The program has Built-in speaker selected as the default output, and the configure side reflects my turning the volume up and down on channels one and two (the master channel, however is greyed out and unmovable). No noise comes out of the speakers on tests. I'll try to reinstall the kexts again and see if i can get any difference there, but kextstat shows AppleHDA and HDAController. Nothing about Taruga though...

EDIT: Tried reinstalling so i could use MIDIconfig again, and for the first time (after at least 10 reinstalls) it randomly worked. I heard that it could possibly be temporary, so i restarted and of course it no longer works (even after a handful of other restarts, with the plug in or out, and after sleeping/force shutdown.) Maybe i can hope it will start working regularly after a random number of reboots like other people have suggested?

Also, running kextcache, i get this error (among others for things like appleverizon etc...)

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple02Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple02DBDMAAudio.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple02Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBurgundyAudio.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple02Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleDACAAudio.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple02Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleScreamerAudio.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple02Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleTexas2Audio.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple02Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleTexasAudio.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/Apple02Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AudioI2SControl.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins

not sure if this audio kext is necessary

hello....

i tried the different installer, only with the AppleHDAPatcher 1.7 i can drop my vendor dump over the icon and it sripted something.....?

but it doesnt work for me :)

maybe someone knows a working one?

i have a Striker Extreme 680i board with a ADI 1988B sound

please help me to make the striker full supported because only audio left ;)

here is my topic about " How to...Striker Extreme"

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=66256

Taruga, just see your thread now... I`ve got an 1988B here, the "ioreg -lw0 > /ioreg.txt" is attached.

If I've done somenthing wrong in the command, sorry, i'm noob at mac command line.

If need some help with testing just ask.

Nice job, keep it going.

ioreg.txt

STAC9228_0x83847616.zip Worked on my 1530, but I get no sound after reboot. Tried re-installing, permissions, no change, devices show up but no sound comes out.

UPDATE: Installed AppleACPIPowerSource.kext from macgirl's guide and suddenly it worked after restarting. Then, restarted once more to verify and it was gone again.

Any ideas? Clearly it works, but something seems to be re-set on boot that disables it.

UPDATE: After installing the nvid kexts from the NVInstaller, again it worked on first boot then not on any after that. Is a cached version of something taking over? I got rid of as many as I could think of and still had the same result.

Hello, Taruga!

When I write ioreg -lw0 - there is error message in terminal:

me:~ arendil$ ioreg -lw0 > /ioregsuper.txt

ioreg: error: can't obtain properties.

I try type this command in some other variations and keys like -w0l, w0, and without keys. Hope, it will help you.

I've attached all of them here :|

AD 1981

HP Compaq 6720s notebook.

ioreg > /ioreg.txt

ioreg.txt

ioreg -w0 > /ioregw0.txt

ioregw0.txt

ioreg -lw0 > /ioregsuper.txt

ioregsuper.txt

ioreg -w0l > /ioreg_with_w0l_keys.txt

ioreg_with_w0l_keys.txt

And, just in case you need it my linux codec dump: