AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Hello, guys. First of all THANK YOU, I cannot believe the effort and passion you are putting on all of this (and sorry for my English, I speak Spanish...).

I´m trying to install OSX on an HP Pavilion 9572ea:

Intel Centrino C2D 7300

GeForce 8400 MGS 128MB

Intel HD Audio

2G RAM

2 physical WD 160 GB HDD

(It seems to be similar to HP 6580el)

First, installed JaS 10.4.8 (previously tested on an Asus P4C800 Deluxe, GeForce 5200fx, perfect with dual displays at full res). It worked on the HP 9572ea, but no audio and only 1024x768 graphs with poor windows control, obviously no QE/CI. Tried with all NVinject and NVinjectGo kexts, Natits, Titans, etc.

Then installed iAtkos 10.5.1 with embedded EFI, but the only way it booted in "EFI mode" was partitioning with 10.4.8 (wich has no options for MBR or GUID).

Almost everything was recognized without any patch, except Graphics and Audio.

The graphic card (nVidia 8400 GS) issue was partially solved (it doesn´t recognize external monitor) replacing all "GeForce..." an "NV..." kexts with the 10.5.2 packs:

http://rapidshare.com/files/78277297/gefor...2_kext.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/78277298/OpenG...k-1052.zip.html

and addind NVinject 0.2.0:

http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php

But still I have no audio. I tested and edited several Azalias, ALCs, etc, but nothing.

In System Profile, the device is:

Intel High Definition Audio

ID= 0x103c30cc

(in HP´s Specifications page it says "3D Sound Blaster compatible device")

So I need a driver and/or some trick for " Intel HDA - 0x103c30cc " to work under Leopard 10.5.1 (iAtkos v1.0i), on an HP Pavilion 9572ea.

PLEASE: How can I resolve this problem?

I´m afraid the little apple is eating me...

Thanks...

This is A "FYI" Not ment to pressure anybody. I'm having the same problem as a few of the others using a Sony Vaio VGN-N11M with the following specs on OS 10.4.8

Realtek ALC262

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0262

Subsystem Id: 0x104d1600

I tried all the ALC drivers as well as the alc262testing driver and the results are listed below.

AzaliaAudio.pkg

speakers.........Yes

headphone..... No

Input............. No

All the ALC262.txt files i found

speakers.........Yes

headphone......Yes

Input............. No

Taruga's alc262testing.zip

speakers.........appear to be on but no sound

headphone..... appear to be on but no sound

Input............. Yes

I included a list of every 262 dump I found (all of which allowed for my system speakers and headphone jack to work) in the hopes that maybe I could help some other poor sap out. Check the last three digits of your vendor and Subsystem id for ideal compatibility.

Example: since my Vendor Id is 0x10ec0262 & Subsystem Id is 0x104d1600 the correct file for me (if it existed) would be called ALC262_600.txt

All were installed using Taruga's AppleHDAPatcherv1.20. Just drag & drop the files into the patcher to install them.

Ps. I found "ALC262_F00" sounds much better than the others. So much better that id rather have sound like this than a Mic if i end up having to make that choice.

even though these dumps were used for 10.4.8 i tried them with 10.5.1 with great success. i currently have working internal speakers on my vaio vgn-n235e, i also have a functioning headphone jack as well, no sound from internal speakers when headphones are plugged in!!!! i would suggest trying it out and maybe modding it to get the mic input work! i'm not a programmer by any means but would be nice to see this move forward!

edit: quote is post #3401 in this topic, has links to download dumps!

Thank you, Joeandmat! I tried with Taruga´s ALC268 installer#1 and now I can hear! There´s no mute for me too, and the keyboard´s vol control doesn´t work for some apps. But I think there´s something to edit in the kexts for the Device 0x103c30cc to work perfect, don´t you?

Other issues with the Pavilion 9572ea are:

- The built-in webcam is recognized, it turns on and off but I get no video (tested with iChat and Quicktime).

HP Webcam

Version 1.0

Manufacturer: SuYin

Prod ID: 0xa101

Vendor ID: 0x064e

Serial #cn0314-oV02-vh-r03.02.02

- The notebook doesn´t recognize the external monitor, though the Sys Profile shows that the card is capable to use it. Detecting displays with the ext mon plugged in results in a blacked out main screen, then force quit.

But now I can return to my family and to my normal life, after 10 days and hundreds of trials and errors...

Thank you again!

Daniel.

Hello all,

and First off let me extend my heart felt thank you to the community. I just installed the 10.5.1 Kalyway on my Dell 5150 and everything is fantastic. I dont have audio though and am wondering if I may ask for some assistance.

I have Vista on one hd and OSX86 on a different HD so I have to reboot to get information.

I know the on board audio is Sigmatel High Definition Audio CODEC

the Hardware IDs :

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB&REV_1032

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB

thats it. I have been in device manager and read up on the audio tab and not sure what more information I can supply in order to get this hardware working in Leo. I appreciate anyones help. I have read about the kext files and AppleHDA Patcher I am not exactly sure what all that means, but with a nudge I am safe to play with sharp objects ;o)

Thank you so much for all advice and assitance in helping me resolve this silent isssue

Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you a functioning ALC262 driver with headphone, internal speakers & Mic Input support. (AKA) A Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

I used a combination of Taruga's alc262testing.zip and the ALC262_F00.txt file that I posted earlier to create this so it retains the crisp sound quality of ALC262_F00 and the functioning input from Taruga's alc262testing.zip.

Much thanks goes out to Taruga and the guy who gave us the ALC262_F00 dump.

To install:

1st. go to /System/Library/Extensions/.

2nd . Backup then delete the file called AppleAzaliaAudio.kext if you find it, if not do the same to the file called AppleHDA.kext.

3rd. drag and drop the contents of my zipped file into the Extensions folder.

4th. Now start up terminal & type in the following commands without the numbers or "enter".

5th. sudo -s "enter".

6th. Put your password "enter".

7th. cd /System/Library/Extensions "enter".

8th. chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext "enter".

9th. chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext "enter".

10th. chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext "enter".

11th. chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext "enter".

12th. now brows to "System/Library" and delete Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext.

13th. close terminal, reboot & enjoy.

I hope this works for you. I offer no promises of any kind so if it blows up your computer don't try to sue me (That's what you get for running OSX on a PC).

That said my Hack is now acting 100% like a Mac, Everything works So somebody can go ahead and add the Sony Vaio VGN-N11M to the list of laptops with complete driver support under OS 10.4.8

You can stick a fork in me, I'm done!

ALC262_driver.zip

hello everyone i need some help please how can i get the C-Media 9880 from my ASUS P5GDC Pro to work...

Vendor ID - 0x8086

Model ID - 0x2668

Revision ID - 0x03

this info was taken from a dos system information utility...

i found some linux dumps tried to get them to work but i only get this: * Detected unsupported C-Media Codec

please help

Hi,

first, sorry about my english from spain. :)

I have a Inspiron 630m with a sigmatel sound card (in ubuntu live cd says: vendorid:8086 and devideid:2668).

I create my dump from this live cd and don't do anything in my systeme using the AppleHDAPatcher. I don't a audio device in the system preferences.

Taruga, please, can you see my codecdump and tell me something about.

lot of thanks

EDIT:

Sorry, I'm using the JAS 10.4.8. If someone knows something about this, please help me. Thanks.

In this laptop I configure the video card 915GM and the wireless Dell Truemobile 1450 ok, if someone need help about this.:)

mycodecdump.txt

I search on the topic of the results of HDApatcher and find the solution

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...4890&st=80#

now works the speakers of laptop and the headphones.

mic not tested.

I'm searching now for the solution with the mute button of the media keys and muting when plug headphones.

i'm so happy.

thanks to all. -_-:rolleyes::rolleyes::unsure:

Okay, using Kalyway 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3, System Preferences >> Sound showed an output device of HDA audio of some sort, but didn't actually put sound out through any of the jacks or front panel headphone jack. I then:

1. Downloaded Apple HDA Patcher v1.20;

2. Did my own linux codec dump (attached below as Sigmatel9227);

3. Renamed the codec dump to exclude the .txt extension;

4. Dragged the codec dump onto the HDA patcher, which spouted some text and pinout info (attached below as HDA-Out);

5. Rebooted, to find that I now have no audio devices.

Which bit am I doing wrong?

add'l: I also repaired permissions afterward, which had no effect.

add'l: I also tried the codec dump including the .txt extension, and repaired permissions, to no avail.

sigmatel9227.txt

HDA_Out.rtf