WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,501 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, headkaze said:

CoreDisplay-patcher.command and WEG cdf patches don't appear to work the same.

Both patch /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/A/CoreDisplay

CoreDisplay-patcher.command:

Find: 4D 8B 36 4D 85 F6 0F 85 29 FD FF FF 31 DB EB 47
Replace: 4D 8B 36 48 85 C0 0F 84 29 FD FF FF 31 DB EB 47

WhateverGreen cdf:

Find: BB 01 00 00 00 A8 01 0F 85
Replace: 31 DB 90 90 90 90 90 90 E9

The WEG cdf patch still appears to be valid in macOS (18A389)

CoreDisplay.png

Maybe you needed to reboot a few times? Sometimes I have to do that after an update for 4K to work again.

But i have test more times when i update to macOS10.14 but still cant use it.

How can you use it? -cdfon or enable-hdmi20 or both?

on macOS 10.13 it just use -cdfon and works fine.

on macOS 10.14 when -cdfon or enable-hdmi20 are all with no use.

May it related with hardware?

Update:2018-09-16 03:45 UTC8

I have test again with replaced original CoreDisplay and it works with WEG with only -cdfon boot-args.

It was strange and i dont know why it cant boot and show Graphic Error yesterday over 20 times i test and it works now.

Maybe it was the problem related with [updating]

Maybe we can freash install macOS 10.14 can reduce this problem.

Thanks for you to help me with this strange problem.

Edited by gujiangjiang

1 hour ago, gujiangjiang said:

on macOS 10.14 when -cdfon or enable-hdmi20 are all with no use.

I use enable-hdmi20.

EDIT: I just noticed you updated your post. Okay good to know WEG is working okay for you now.

Edited by headkaze

One thing i did not get.
Does this kext enables NVIDIA Optimus graphics for actual rendering?

I can see that NVIDIA Card is enabled, sleep works and it seems like CUDA also works, but the main graphics card is still HD4000.

I wonder if optimus switchable graphics can be enabled at least for always-on render mode (only NVIDIA with an Intel path-through).
If it can, what exactly i should do with my DSDTs?

35 minutes ago, Slice said:

Optimus technology is not accessible in macOS whatever you do.

I know that Optimus theoretically could work on macOS, but you need to rewrite both Nvidia and Intel drivers for that. So just wondered if this kext doing something like that (maybe, patching or injecting), but couldn't find it.

Now I have an answer for this question! Thx!!! That's what I wanted to hear :)

Using latest self compiled debug versions of WhateverGreen and Lilu, getting KP with AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFrameBuffer.kext right after it says "WhateverGreen: igfx @ (DBG) Patching framebufferid 0x3EA50009 sucessful."

Happens with or without Devices/Properties. Attaching the kp photos.

More information(My laptop's hw is almost the same as @headkaze's, the screen seems different however).

MODEL - MSI GV 8RE.

OS - 10.13.6 (special build for CoffeeLake systems with AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFrameBuffer.kext support).

CPU - i7(8750H)

GFX - gtx1060(disabled), UHD630(cant get to work, as getting the KP).

SCREEN - 1920x1080 wide view Display(possibly eDP?), cant find much info about it.

FB-Patcher shows LVDS connected at 0 and as external, shouldn't it be internal for acceleration to work?(pic attached too).

Attached problem reporting files.

2018-09-20 23.38.34.jpg

2018-09-20 23.38.46.jpg

IMAGE 2018-09-21 00:06:41.jpg

debug_3948.zip

Edited by parasthakur37
added problem reporting files

• 2 weeks later...
2018-09-29 06:27:30.685382+0530 0x73       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (kernel) WhateverGreen:    igfx @ found an unsupported processor 0x0:0x0, please report this!

found this in my kernel log 
using latest version of whatevergreen kext and lilu .
is this an issue ?

and the GPU that i am using is GTX 980 Ti

Edited by XLNC

Just got a Sapphire 580 in 13.6, and it still requires radeondeinit and InjectATI. If I don't use them, I get the black screen (both HDMI and DVI). The only kexts I run are fakesmc and IOnetworking. I run a VERY vanilla install and want to keep it that way. I do not want to run any graphics injectors for my system. Previously I ran a GTX 760 for the sole purpose of native support with nothing else required. 

I was told that I did not need any additional kexts (like whatevergreen) for the RX580 to run in 13.6. Is that not true? What am I doing wrong? I updated clover to latest, but no luck.

Please help!

Hi All. I have upgraded to the new "merged" Whatevergreen.kext" which replaces Shiki.kext as well as others that have now become obsolete. The new boot arguments that the new  Whatevergreen.kext supports excludes shikigva=xx as on option, "for xx I use 16" Has this now become redundant or what should one use as a replacement for the shikigva=16 functionality ?

Another boot argument I also still have in my Clover config.plist is -radnoaudio - has this also become obsolete to use, with perhaps its functionality being replaced by something else unknown to me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and help clearing this mystery up for me.

Greetings

13 hours ago, Henties said:

Hi All. I have upgraded to the new "merged" Whatevergreen.kext" which replaces Shiki.kext as well as others that have now become obsolete. The new boot arguments that the new  Whatevergreen.kext supports excludes shikigva=xx as on option, "for xx I use 16" Has this now become redundant or what should one use as a replacement for the shikigva=16 functionality ?

Another boot argument I also still have in my Clover config.plist is -radnoaudio - has this also become obsolete to use, with perhaps its functionality being replaced by something else unknown to me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and help clearing this mystery up for me.

Greetings

Same boot args but the correct setting is auto detected for me without adding shikigva=xx.

10 hours ago, scj312 said:

Same boot args but the correct setting is auto detected for me without adding shikigva=xx.

Thanks for your response but I struggle to interpret what you mean. Can you please enlighten me as to what I actually need to do.

Thanks

Edited by Henties

21 hours ago, Henties said:

Thanks for your response but I struggle to interpret what you mean. Can you please enlighten me as to what I actually need to do.

Thanks

You can still use shikigva boot args with WhateverGreen exactly the same as you could before. On my system I don't need to use the boot arg.

10 minutes ago, scj312 said:

You can still use shikigva boot args with WhateverGreen exactly the same as you could before. On my system I don't need to use the boot arg.

Thanks that finally clears this topic for me

Greetings

17 hours ago, Stabi said:

I have a question about HDMI 2.0: Are the fixes for this only applicable to iGPUs, or do they also work for AMD cards? Or in other words: Can one activate HDMI 2.0 for Polaris cards somehow?

I activated 4k @ 60hz on RX480 over HDMI 2.0 with the -cdfon parameter. Before that I had a DP 1.2 convertor to HDMI 2.0 connected to remedy the issue.

Edited by Denicio

8 hours ago, Denicio said:

I activated 4k @ 60hz on RX480 over HDMI 2.0 with the -cdfon parameter. Before that I had a DP 1.2 convertor to HDMI 2.0 connected to remedy the issue.

Hi

Could you please share your config.plist? I don't understand why on my RX560 -cdfon does nothing. Thanks!

15 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Hi

Could you please share your config.plist? I don't understand why on my RX560 -cdfon does nothing. Thanks!

Hello! I am not at home at the moment, so please try to add both flags on the Boot Flags entry of config.plist (preferably with Clover Configurator for your convenience): -cdfon -enable-hdmi20

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denicio said:

Hello! I am not at home at the moment, so please try to add both flags on the Boot Flags entry of config.plist (preferably with Clover Configurator for your convenience): -cdfon -enable-hdmi20

It didn't help! Do you use clover AMD inject, named framebuffer etc?

3 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

It didn't help! Do you use clover AMD inject, named framebuffer etc?

Nothing of the sort... Just Whatevergreen + Lilu for that matter. I will send the config.plist as soon as I get home. Since I don't know what you are trying to achieve, do you have a 4k @ 60hz TV or monitor and you want to utilize HDMI 2.0 instead of DisplayPort?

Edited by Denicio
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Denicio said:

Nothing of the sort... Just Whatevergreen + Lilu for that matter. I will send the config.plist as soon as I get home. Since I don't know what you are trying to achieve, do you have a 4k @ 60hz TV or monitor and you want to utilize HDMI 2.0 instead of DisplayPort?

Yes. I have 4K LG 27UD88-W. It works now through DisplayPort and i want to try HDMI 2.0 at 4K @ 60Hz. But i get only 4K @ 30Hz. Same as you i have only Lilu + WhateverGreen. No AMD inject and no named framebuffer. 

57 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Yes. I have 4K LG 27UD88-W. It works now through DisplayPort and i want to try HDMI 2.0 at 4K @ 60Hz. But i get only 4K @ 30Hz. Same as you i have only Lilu + WhateverGreen. No AMD inject and no named framebuffer. 

Until I send the config.plist, let's rule out the following: HDMI cable is High Speed with Ethernet (capable of 10GBps+)?

EDIT: Look at this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3629459/60hz-2160p-hdmi-connection.html

At some point it says: I'm sorry everyone. I found my answer quite shortly after posting this thread. On the LG 27UD88-W, there is a menu option called "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color".

Edited by Denicio
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Denicio said:

At some point it says: I'm sorry everyone. I found my answer quite shortly after posting this thread. On the LG 27UD88-W, there is a menu option called "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color".

OMG! Thank you! With this option enabled i get 4K @ 60Hz even without -cdfon bootarg!!! 

Thanks!!!

IMG_0283.jpg

Edited by vandroiy2012
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, vandroiy2012 said:

OMG! Thank you! With this option enabled i get 4K @ 60Hz even without -cdfon bootarg!!! 

Thanks!!!

IMG_0283.jpg

Oh my that would be great if that did the trick! For the record, I too am using a RX 560, a "high-speed" HDMI cable (I understand why vendors don't wanna put version numbers on cables but giving them such names is really confusing to more tech-savvy people) and a very similar monitor (LG 27MU67-B, which has that menu option too). Will give this a try.

• Like 1