Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Thank you so much guys!!! The installation of Mac OS Seirra 10.12.6 is running without any hiccup and without putting any code in the bootloader; mouse was working; keyboard was not; but did not matter as I could double click to run the installer. Let me know what I need to do to check any issues or errors to know and do benchmark tests and share with you :)

My first Hackintosh running!! YAY!!!!! :yes:

Thank you so much guys!!! The installation of Mac OS Seirra 10.12.6 is running without any hiccup and without putting any code in the bootloader; mouse was working; keyboard was not; but did not matter as I could double click to run the installer. Let me know what I need to do to check any issues or errors to know and do benchmark tests and share with you :)

My first Hackintosh running!! YAY!!!!! :yes:

Congratulations!!! With the efi i gave you?? As for the keyboard try anothe USB port

Okay great!!! For nvidia web drivers that’s a different story lol

So you would repeat this process on the hard drive you want for your amd. Then make disk edits like Gigamaxx tutorial and you need to add efi and that’s it easy

Okay great!!! For nvidia web drivers that’s a different story lol

So you would repeat this process on the hard drive you want for your amd. Then make disk edits like Gigamaxx tutorial and you need to add efi and that’s it easy

Yeah, after installation is done; will do the the post installation process. I am searching for the best post-installation tutorial for OS Seirra 10.12.6. Please suggest if you have any recommendation  :) 

Yeah, after installation is done; will do the the post installation process. I am searching for the best post-installation tutorial for OS Seirra 10.12.6. Please suggest if you have any recommendation :)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325847-installing-nvidia-web-drivers-guide/?do=findComment&comment=2476064

For audio I use usb to audio

Internet might work out of box

For nvidia You will need to Install the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver into the Drivers64UEFI folder in Clover. You can use Clover Configurator!! (Mount EFI first-I use pandora) Then In Configurator, in the "Tools" section on the left, you'll see the "Install Drivers" tool. Use that to install the driver. This will install in your EFI folder.

You should also change your smbios to 14,2 anything higher will give you black screen(use clover configurator)

Then install web drivers

OK, so far audio is not working. Video works, but when I fast forward on youtube or vimeo; it gets stuck there; does not play anymore. Everything else is working fine. Sleep, boot everything seems fine.

Do you get full acceleration with your nvidia card?!!! I use usb to audio it made things way easier

I use google chrome

Do you get full acceleration with your nvidia card?!!! I use usb to audio it made things way easier

I use google chrome

How can I know if I am getting full acceleration from Nvidia card or not?? The card is working as I can choose Nvidia Web driver instead of OS X Default Graphics Driver from above.

How can I know if I am getting full acceleration from Nvidia card or not?? The card is working as I can choose Nvidia Web driver instead of OS X Default Graphics Driver from above.

When you go to about this Mac do you get correct gigs for your card? Do you see any tearing in the screeen lag?? Weird colors? If not your card might be good out of box

When you go to about this Mac do you get correct gigs for your card? Do you see any tearing in the screeen lag?? Weird colors? If not your card might be good out of box

Yes, every info shows correctly!! But still could not fix audio or youtube video bugs while fast forward to advanced time line.

Yes, every info shows correctly!! But still could not fix audio or youtube video bugs while fast forward to advanced time line.

For Ryzen use busratio=xx, check you CPU frequency in bios and set bus ratio to match, 3.2GHz = busratio=32, 36GHz = busratio=36 etc...  

Are you installed on Ryzen yet?      

Try looking for your audios cards kext maybe vodoo I think it’s called and did you try chrome?!

Yes, videos plays nicely on chrome!!! No issue at all. Thanks for suggestion. You rock :thumbsup_anim:

I have installed vodoo as well, no sound output/input device has been detected in System Preferences/Sound/Output/. Tried lots of stuffs but still not working :(

For Ryzen use busratio=xx, check you CPU frequency in bios and set bus ratio to match, 3.2GHz = busratio=32, 36GHz = busratio=36 etc...  

Are you installed on Ryzen yet?      

No, I have AMD FX 8350, not Ryzen. Fixing and exploring the bugs on intel first. After everything is fine, will start with AMD. I will just have to put the SSD drive in the AMD PC right?

Yes, videos plays nicely on chrome!!! No issue at all. Thanks for suggestion. You rock :thumbsup_anim:

I have installed vodoo as well, no sound output/input device has been detected. Tried lots of stuffs but still not working :(

No, I have AMD FX 8350, not Ryzen. Fixing and exploring the bugs on intel first. After everything is fine, will start with AMD. I will just have to put the SSD drive in the AMD PC right?

Buy a usb to audio if you can there like 10 bucks on amazon plug and play it will save you the trouble lol

Buy a usb to audio if you can there like 10 bucks on amazon plug and play it will save you the trouble lol

Ok, good idea. I have bluetooth device and headphone. Will use it then. Also can you tell me how to delete vodoo other softs installed with M U L T I B E A S T? Can't find the kexts that installed with i in the Extensions folder under systems

Hey, I was trying to download a third party cracked software on mac and MacKeeper said I have 3 trojans and need to install Interner Security and lots of other stuffs. What should I do????

Edited by anannyo

Cool, with voodoo are you getting any pathway hints for the audio codec? Try and find their way around to maybe apply towards your tests.

It’s fun to poke around a little.

Voodoo actually reads PCI configuration space and populates jorge entry from scratch.  AppleHDA uses existing information from HDEF.

Which means it is possible to get AppleHDA working on AMD Azalia by writing a driver just to populate Azalia entries, then change the name

to HDEF triggering AppleHDA to load.

That is how HDMIaudio kext works.  The same can be done from DSDT, but ACPI code looks Voodoo to me.

Hey guys, so everything running fine except audio. Now I want to setup the Mac in my AMD FX8350 PC. I just need to plug in the SSD right? Or do I need to make any changes. I am using MSI 970-G43 motherboard and NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 graphics card in my AMD PC. Any help or direction will be highly appreciated :)

Hi,

I did follow all the steps in the first video, when i'm trying to boot from USB on Ryzen 1700 with Krait x370 mobo it says: "Missing operating system".

Can you guys give me a hint?

Thanks!

Are you trying to install 10.12.5 or 10.12.6 ?

Hi,

I did follow all the steps in the first video, when i'm trying to boot from USB on Ryzen 1700 with Krait x370 mobo it says: "Missing operating system".

Can you guys give me a hint?

Thanks!

It sounds like you do not have the entire install file loaded on USB.    It should be about 4gb on the USB.   If its only mb then remake the USB installer and make sure the Sierra install app is in 'Applications" before starting.   If you open launchpad it should show up as well.    

Guys I have updated to High Sierra on my Intel PC. Can you please guide me to setup the SSD into my AMD FX-8350 PC??? I am super excited. Could not believe the upgrade to High Seirra was so easy!!!!!

Meh, beginners luck!    Just kidding, nice to hear, heres a link to High Sierra kernel test thread.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/page-1?do=findComment&comment=2466908

There is a link for the kernel and a USB installer video which may be good for you to try, its a bit more advanced but when you have a bootable installer it sure helps if you need to reload or help out a friend.

You can just use the Bronya kernel and system kext on a cloned or fresh install and it should work.    Maybe do that first then make a USB installer later, I have them for AMD and Intel installs and recoveries..