Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First time making a Hackintosh here. I am having issues booting from the usb installer. I get clover, click open, see the apple logo, but then after it starts loading my monitor drops out. The computer is still running however. I'm wondering if it could be a graphics related issue? Or perhaps I'm missing something in the BIOS? I've tried a lot of variations for the config file, different kexts, etc. And I've definitely followed the instructions properly. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any advice?

AMD Ryzen 1700

Gigabyte gaming AB350

NVIDIA Geforce GTS 350

Look at the post below yours there is an issue with the USB installer for Sierra 12.6 it worked fine for Sierra 12.3-12.5 but is not working for Sierra 12.6. It is easier to install on a SSD or HDD using either a USB to Sata adapter. Follow post 2 on this thread for the Post install disk edit.

Gigamaxx thank you for the files and guides in your first two posts in this thread.  

I have my Ryzen 7 1700X system on a Gigabyte AB350N with 16GB DDR4 and a 8400 GS GPU up and running 10.12.4 well with Ethernet, VoodooHDA sound, and accelerated video.  

I followed your post clone disk edit process as I had no joy with the USB installer method.

I would like to understand if Maxwell Nvidia GPUs can be installed with full functionality?  And is 10.12.6 as stable as I find 10.12.4 to be?  

Again, thank you,
neil

Gigamaxx thank you for the files and guides in your first two posts in this thread.

I have my Ryzen 7 1700X system on a Gigabyte AB350N with 16GB DDR4 and a 8400 GS GPU up and running 10.12.4 well with Ethernet, VoodooHDA sound, and accelerated video.

I followed your post clone disk edit process as I had no joy with the USB installer method.

I would like to understand if Maxwell Nvidia GPUs can be installed with full functionality? And is 10.12.6 as stable as I find 10.12.4 to be?

Again, thank you,

neil

Nvidia gpu are not working to their full potentials (at least my experience 1080ti) 10.12.4 -10.12.6 should be good 12.6 is good

I am running in circles here, can anyone help me? I have a {censored} image of 12.5 that boots but if I make changes to it to get graphics acceleration it crashes.

Is this with the RX 580 setup? What boot options / Graphics options are you using?

I quit, I am giving up, This has been the most frustrating OSx86 I have ever attempted since I started with 10.4 way back. The system kernel panics at reboot even! Not ready for prime time. I thank all those that have attempted to help me but I still am running in circles. The Gigabyte AMD RX 560 does not work with whatevergreen, lilu, modifying the x4100 or 9510 kexts. The system fails to even boot most of the time too. What happened? Things used to be so well polished! I know this is a "hack" and you get what you pay for but I followed this guide to the T and still have random errors that do no make logic sense. Ryzen looked promising too, oh well.

I quit, I am giving up, This has been the most frustrating OSx86 I have ever attempted since I started with 10.4 way back. The system kernel panics at reboot even! Not ready for prime time. I thank all those that have attempted to help me but I still am running in circles. The Gigabyte AMD RX 560 does not work with whatevergreen, lilu, modifying the x4100 or 9510 kexts. The system fails to even boot most of the time too. What happened? Things used to be so well polished! I know this is a "hack" and you get what you pay for but I followed this guide to the T and still have random errors that do no make logic sense. Ryzen looked promising too, oh well.

My Ryzen system is my daily driver at home so it definitely is doable. I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles, but if you'd like to try again on another day, I would recommend getting an AMD card that's plug-and-play for testing purposes! 

Feel free to PM me if you need any specific help, I'll do my best.

• Like 1

I am running in circles here, can anyone help me? I have a {censored} image of 12.5 that boots but if I make changes to it to get graphics acceleration it crashes.

After making changes to the kexts did you run Kext wizzard?

I'm also having problems and would appreciate some help. Trying to boot installer only at this stage. Using 10.12.5 with lilu+whatevergreen. Have added ID to AMD9510Controller.kext. I can't find the AMDRadenX4100.kext in the pandora installer dir. Using an RX 480.

I get past the verbose text and see a grey screen with mouse cursor but then get dumped to the apple logo with progress bar again.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

Do we have to put these kexts in S/L/E ? The FakeSMC, HWInfo, System from the disk edit zip. Can't they just be in clover?

The 10.12.6 Kernel.framework has newer files in the Resources folder. Info.plist, SuppertedKPI-all-archs.txt. Replace these too?

• Like 1

Same here it loads the bar then black screen then reboot

Mine's different. Mine doesn't reboot and appears to have initialized graphics but then returns to the progress bar and gets stuck. I think I need logging after the verbose text is done to see.

Here's my EFI folder for Sierra 12.5 for RX 480 with Lilukext and WhateverGreenkext.

I removed the Themes folder in clover replace t with yours.

I removed Serial number UUID and MLB form config.plist replace those as well.    

I added Lilu and Green to System/Library/Extensions and ran kext wizard.    They are also in the clover kexts folder 12.13

12.5 EFI.zip

Do we have to put these kexts in S/L/E ? The FakeSMC, HWInfo, System from the disk edit zip. Can't they just be in clover?

The 10.12.6 Kernel.framework has newer files in the Resources folder. Info.plist, SuppertedKPI-all-archs.txt. Replace these too?

Put those in S/L/Extensions as well.    All the items you put in Clover Kexts folders can be placed in S/LExtensions, in fact it is a more direct method.   These kexts sometimes disappear after an update so it good to replace them to S/LExtensions after a major update.    Keeping them in Clover kexts folders allows for surviving updates when they get scrubbed from Extensions folder after an update.    Also, having them there in Clover allows you to extract them and replace to S/L/Extensions they are alll in one place.    Always ru kext wizard after placing kexts in S/L/Extensions.

For Some people the Clover kext folder injection doesn't work.    It could be SIP, a backup EFI folder that has contrary config.plist, and kexts or injections, or a corrupted clover configuration.

Thanks Gigamaxx. I worked out I'd replaced a folder I should've merged. Installer booted and then I did the post install. I'm at the desktop! That's using only an RX480 with no helper card :)

No acceleration yet but need a bit more time to finish the install.

MSI Tomahawk B350, Ryzen 1600, RX 480.

10.12.5 + Lilu + Whatevergreen

Thanks again!

• Like 2

I have resolved my installation issue where the GTX 960 was not running in the acceleration mode, was not loading any kext.

The issue was resolved by reinstalling Clover using Clover_v2.4k_r4128 and insuring that EmuVariableUefi-64 was installed.

Now that issue is resolved.  Cinebench R15 now runs with OpenGL 42.13 fps (slow as compared to 65.6 fps on a Intel i7-7770T system)

The Cinebench CPU score is 1543 on this Ryzen 7 1700X.

Neil

I have resolved my installation issue where the GTX 960 was not running in the acceleration mode, was not loading any kext.

The issue was resolved by reinstalling Clover using Clover_v2.4k_r4128 and insuring that EmuVariableUefi-64 was installed.

Now that issue is resolved. Cinebench R15 now runs with OpenGL 42.13 fps (slow as compared to 65.6 fps on a Intel i7-7770T system)

The Cinebench CPU score is 1543 on this Ryzen 7 1700X.

Neil

My gtx 1080ti gets 42 fps on cinebench

Hey guys, so I worked on my rig yesterday getting Max OsX installed version 10.12.5. I ran to the following issues which I will list below.

1. No Ethernet

2. Audio cracking and stutter. 

3. USB 2.0 not working only USB 3.0

Any advice on what i should install or replace to make this work?

Desktop is working with my GALAX GTX 1070 HOF and system run OC at 3.8Ghz but currently having everything stock for testing purposes. 

Hey guys, so I worked on my rig yesterday getting Max OsX installed version 10.12.5. I ran to the following issues which I will list below.

1. No Ethernet

2. Audio cracking and stutter.

3. USB 2.0 not working only USB 3.0

Any advice on what i should install or replace to make this work?

Desktop is working with my GALAX GTX 1070 HOF and system run OC at 3.8Ghz but currently having everything stock for testing purposes.

You didn't even mention what Ethernet card you have. I have a msi but went for a pcie wifi card. For audio I use Bluetooth or my USB to audio. My USB 2.0 doesn't work either or front panel USB I use a USB extender from back to front

You didn't even mention what Ethernet card you have. I have a msi but went for a pcie wifi card. For audio I use Bluetooth or my USB to audio. My USB 2.0 doesn't work either or front panel USB I use a USB extender from back to front

I am sorry I completely spaced that out. It is the Intel I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller. As far as on-board audio go ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel high definition audio codec s1220a or I use my external studio USB Scarlett 2i2 | Focusrite. Normally this device works out of the box without drivers on my macbook pro laptop. 

Okay base on what you said that is the same issue I have so I may need to do exactly the same thing then. Thanks!

***UPDATE***

After doing some research I may try two files that should be able to fix my issues.

1. Ethernet file = AppleIGB.kext "AppleIGB Enables Intel 82575, 82576, 82580, dh89xxcc, i350, i210 and i211 ethernet controllers"
  2. Audio Scarlet Studio = Scarlett2ndGen.kext

I will report my results once I test them after work at home. 

Don't use appleigb it works but later on it will give you kernel panic. I have the same Ethernet card could not find a fix

I had this issue as well I can vouch for that. My ethernet is working perfectly now, I will check which Kext I am using.