Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Guys, if any of you managed to get web driver .156 before Nvidia servers went down to the dark side, could you please, reupload somewhere else? I just updated to 10.13.3 and I have no Nvidia Driver...

The .156 driver is terrible. I'm using the .104? driver on 10.13.3.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The .156 driver is terrible. I'm using the .104? driver on 10.13.3.

Well, it doesn't seem to be working with 10.13.3... And why do you say .156 is terrible? Can't be worse than no driver at all.

Well, it doesn't seem to be working with 10.13.3... And why do you say .156 is terrible? Can't be worse than no driver at all.

Here

But please let me know when you downloaded it I have to remove it afterwards.

• Like 1

@SavageAUS, I see what you meant by terrible. :)) The performance is indeed pretty {censored}. I guess this might also be the reason why it's not available on Nvidia's servers anymore. But still, it's better than no driver at all. Also, if my assumption is correct, we should be seeing an update on this driver soon enough.

Thank you guys, both for the feedback (heads up) and the actual driver. :) It's nice to have people you can rely on. I'm glad to be a member of this community.

• Like 1

@SavageAUS, I see what you meant by terrible. :)) The performance is indeed pretty {censored}. I guess this might also be the reason why it's not available on Nvidia's servers anymore. But still, it's better than no driver at all. Also, if my assumption is correct, we should be seeing an update on this driver soon enough.

Thank you guys, both for the feedback (heads up) and the actual driver. :) It's nice to have people you can rely on. I'm glad to be a member of this community.

Your welcome, Yeah i guess it is better than no driver (not much) but the .104 driver works perfectly fine until they update the .156 driver.

• Like 1

Just installed this on my "iMacPro1,1" SMBIOS hack.

Experiencing massive lagginess.

I'll have to revert to previous iMac Pro special build drivers.

As I'm on my phone what are your hardware specs for iMacPro?

Working nvram? iMessage? Etc..

Just installed this on my "iMacPro1,1" SMBIOS hack.

Experiencing massive lagginess.

I'll have to revert to previous iMac Pro special build drivers.

The new web drivers are so messed up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I'm on my phone what are your hardware specs for iMacPro?

Working nvram? iMessage? Etc..

Well, yes - basically everything is working.

I just realised I had my old hardware in the signature - should be fixed now!

For reference:

Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE | i7-7820X | Gigabyte GTX1050 Ti | Clover | MacOS 10.13

Still going black with spinnin' circle.

I had this issue, but it went away after redownloading .156 from the UK Nvidia link. But I also thought it might have something to do with using the new AptioMemoryFix in Clover so I removed AptioMemoryFix.efi from my EFI and replaced it with OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi - I doubt it'd make a difference, but you never know, might want to try that.

A little note about the new webdriver for iMac Pro - Do not know if it has something to do with us.  :P

<!-- NOTE: 10.11+ requires "nvidia.com" in the host name in order to allow http (non-https) download specified in NVAgent Info.plist -->
  • Like 2

x.157 for build 17D2047

can you please provide the link? 

That's all what I received upon my request for x.157 for build 17D2047 for now from Nvidia..

Hi Klaus,

Confirmed we are actively working on driver update for 
10.13.3 (17D2047). We should have this posted soon. 
Stay tune, will update again as soon as I know the 
new driver is available.

Best regards,
Ray
  • Like 1

@KGP-iMacPro

I edited my post 'cause didn't see that cyberdevs already reported the new driver - You still can check the first page #1, though.  ;)

Both links to x.156 and x.157 on the first page are broken for me.. I don't know if that is a general issue for anybody.. 

I don't know how do you guys successfully build and use "custom" builds for Nvidia driver... I just tried Chris' Nvidia Payload Packager (nice tool, bro!), to "fix" build .104 in order to be used with 10.13.3 (17D47). It was more like an experiment than anything else. Aaaand..although I've got no issues unpacking, editing the build version and repacking the build (I found a youtube video describing how to do that in detail), and then installing it, I've got no acceleration after reboot...

I don't know. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I think I've followed all the steps in that tutorial. And since I've got no errors upon installation, I would say that part went fine. Still...no acceleration. Basically it doesn't wanna use that driver.

So, if that was the only thing I had to do to have acceleration with Nvidia .104 and MacOS 10.13.3...well, it didn't work for me. :))

Not a big issue. As I said, it was more like an experiment than anything else. And I definitely learned something new today. But...in terms of actual positive results, that didn't work for me.

So I went back (I guess technically that would be forward..?) to .156 and everything's back to the way it was. Which is to say definitely not perfect, huge lag and pretty average performance, but at least it works in dual-monitor mode and I've got acceleration.

• Like 2

Currently in 10.13.3 my GTX 960 only works 100% with the previous 13.2 Web Drivers (104 or 106).

If I install the current Web Driver (156), it does not let me get to the login and no config or hardware has changed in my system!?

Reverted to the previous one (106), and have full resolution on DP 4K and full acceleration...?

• Like 2

try to search here ricoc90 packager if you have to install from scratch (no old driver installed)

I don't know how do you guys successfully build and use "custom" builds for Nvidia driver... I just tried Chris' Nvidia Payload Packager (nice tool, bro!), to "fix" build .104 in order to be used with 10.13.3 (17D47). It was more like an experiment than anything else. Aaaand..although I've got no issues unpacking, editing the build version and repacking the build (I found a youtube video describing how to do that in detail), and then installing it, I've got no acceleration after reboot...

I don't know. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I think I've followed all the steps in that tutorial. And since I've got no errors upon installation, I would say that part went fine. Still...no acceleration. Basically it doesn't wanna use that driver.

So, if that was the only thing I had to do to have acceleration with Nvidia .104 and MacOS 10.13.3...well, it didn't work for me. :))

Not a big issue. As I said, it was more like an experiment than anything else. And I definitely learned something new today. But...in terms of actual positive results, that didn't work for me.

So I went back (I guess technically that would be forward..?) to .156 and everything's back to the way it was. Which is to say definitely not perfect, huge lag and pretty average performance, but at least it works in dual-monitor mode and I've got acceleration.