[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

Okay so I replaced the clover folder and that worked! I reinstalled Sierra. When it rebooted it didnt boot right into OS and so I had to f8 to select USB and then when clover loaded up select the sierra install and boot into the os but that worked. I set everything up and now I am just sitting at the home screen.

I know in the guide, you have a post install clover folder you;re suppose to replace. Should I use the one from the front page on this guide? Or do I re-use the one you just gave me but replace it within the OS? (Not the thumb drive)

Okay I did all that. Now on the clover boot screen I clicked f4 and nothing happen. How do I actually extract? Do I need to run the RunMeapp or IORegexplorer?

• Like 1

Okay I did all that. Now on the clover boot screen I clicked f4 and nothing happen. How do I actually extract? Do I need to run the RunMeapp or IORegexplorer?

use it for extract, files generated in ur desktop

RunMe.app.zip

with f4, files generated in Clover/Acpi/origin

• Like 2

replace full folder

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

reboot

extract one ioreg with .app

attachicon.gifIORegistryExplorer.app.zip

Open .app, go to File, Save as

Okay and just double checking. I have an EFI/Clover folder on my Sierra Install drive but then I also have the EFI partition itself on the drive that I have to mount to access. Do I post that clover folder in both? Or just one of them?

Use only EFI/Clover, u need mount partition

Okay so I replaced the full folder. Then I rebooted. I now ran the IO registry explorer and clicked save as, it named it Sean's Imac. And then now when I try to upload it here it says I cannot upload this kind of file.

Okay here it is. Just in case you didn't already know here is my hardware

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/uB79LKXo/file.html

Asus Maximus Formula II

Xeon X5470

16gb ddr2 800 Super talent

Geforce 8400 GS

Also, I just wanted to thank you for time and patience through all of this and helping me out. It means a lot. I am new to this but I am loving learning everything and appreciate you for teaching it! :)

• Like 1

Okay here it is. Just in case you didn't already know here is my hardware

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/uB79LKXo/file.html

Asus Maximus Formula II

Xeon X5470

16gb ddr2 800 Super talent

Geforce 8400 GS

Also, I just wanted to thank you for time and patience through all of this and helping me out. It means a lot. I am new to this but I am loving learning everything and appreciate you for teaching it! :)

replace DSDT in Clover/Acpi/Patched, reboot

DSDT.full.zip

the audio dont load, need check it or use voodoohda

np, welcome

• Like 2

replace DSDT in Clover/Acpi/Patched, reboot

attachicon.gifDSDT.full.zip

the audio dont load, need check it or use voodoohda

np, welcome

Awesome man thank you. I think I am good on the audio side of things cause I use a usb audio interface. One thing I noticed is on the front page of this thread you have listed LAN links for Atheros, Intel, and Realtek.

I looked up the spec page for the formula ii and it says this under lan "Dual Gigabit LAN, both featuring AI NET2 Support Teaming Technology"

Do I just assume its intel? Or how would I go about getting the ethernet working? Also, do you have any suggestions or is there a list on the forums of good supported usb wifi dongles?

Lastly,  What is fakesmc and do I need it? Thanks again man  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Awesome man thank you. I think I am good on the audio side of things cause I use a usb audio interface. One thing I noticed is on the front page of this thread you have listed LAN links for Atheros, Intel, and Realtek.

I looked up the spec page for the formula ii and it says this under lan "Dual Gigabit LAN, both featuring AI NET2 Support Teaming Technology"

Do I just assume its intel? Or how would I go about getting the ethernet working? Also, do you have any suggestions or is there a list on the forums of good supported usb wifi dongles?

Lastly, I noticed the FakeSMC link is broken. What is fakesmc and do I need it? Thanks again man  :thumbsup_anim:

FakeSmc

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

Wifi Usb

http://www.tp-link.com/br/products/details/cat-11_TL-WN725N.html

Lan

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/455-marvell-yukon-88e8056-1011/

• Like 2

I thought I had uploaded the definitions etc, but it looks like I forgot to click the attach this file button. :\

Right now I am on Yosemite and its working perfectly. I have another SSD with El Capitan and besides some audio issues it works as well.

Specs:

GA EP45-UD3P

8Gb of Ram

GeForce 760 2GB

Multiple SSDs

send me ur clover folder too

what ur processor?

• Like 1

hello again MaLd0n ....also running Sierra 10.12 for the first time...but without video acceleration...nvidia in vesa mode to get to desktop...hoping a little tinkering will get things right...

here are some of what you ask for.....

first ioregistryexplorer

Les’s iMac.zip

...and a dump from clover f4

origin.zip

...and my clover folder 

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1