Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

do an update to the bios and make sure SATA is set to AHCI, turn off network and USB wake up sleep.

there are guides how to make the installer using your current Mac Book.

Do you mean dosdude Mojave patcher?

Anyway my computer works very well now with High Sierra. Everything works including sleep. Thanks for the help and your file upload.

Thinking of upgrading the gpu. Is gt1030 the best one to go with?

from existing hackintosh: installed mojave to ssd using movaje patcher installer.. seemed to install correctly as a vanilla install.. installed clover 2.4 r4784 on ssd with settings on original page 1 post...was able to use clover configurator to mount the ssd mojave partition EFI and replaced the clover folder from.one from.the original post attachment.. when i boot to the ssd clover doesnt recognize the macosx mojave partition... when i use the clover from my original hackintoch build, it recognizes the mojave partition on ssd but cant boot it properly (circle with line through it).. any help or any clarification needed ill try to explain better.. thanks in advance for any help

Edited by theguy316

Hi Guys!

I have an Elitedesk 800 G1 with i5-4590, 4gb ram (to get it running) and 250GB SSD.

First timer, so no clue what i'm doing.

I can get into clover, but now what? I get 4 options, resulting in either a reboot to the clover startscreen or a white stop sign which forced me to power off the machine and restart.

What is this idiot doing wrong?

Hi there,

after following different guides i was able to install high sierra into my 800 G1 SFF with Nvidia 1050ti. directly to my harddrive without using real mac.

everything working great. except when computer wakes up from sleep most times it freezes.

Now i would like to update to mojave so i can get the night time mode. (easy on the eyes).

can i update from app store, or even just create a new usb installer and use my current efi folder from High sierra ?

Thanks guys for your knowledge.

On 1/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, Donw35 said:

send the EFI folder and lets have a look

Hi Down 35!

Thanks for the quick response! I have neglected the Hackintosh project last week, so I haven't had the time to get back to you.

I Have zipped the EFI folder and attached it. Hope you can help me get this sorted out!

Many many thanks in advance!

EFI.zip

8 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

Give this one a try, I edited your config.plist and removed some files from drivers64 and drivers64UEFI

EFI.zip

Hi Down35!

Again many thanks for the quick help! But:

When i power on the elitedesk it boots into clover giving me these options:

1: Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot

2: Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
3: Boot macOS from Untitled (disk name)
4: Boot recovery from Recovery

All options result in brief showing apple logo then reboot coming back to the exact same clover screen, or the before mentioned stop sign on choosing option 2

number 3 is is your OS and that is probably the one you want. we haven't looked at the bios yet..

do a apply defaults and exit, then get back into bios using F10 at startup

lets make setting or verify that the correct ones are selected

My BIOS version is 02.71

Storage tab - Storage Options - SATA Emulation = AHCI

Security - Master Boot Record Security = Disabled

report back after checking this

• Like 2

In the meantime i have updated the bios, reset default settings:

My BIOS version is now also 02.71

Storage tab - Storage Options - SATA Emulation = AHCI

Security - Master Boot Record Security = Disabled

Still nothing. Keeps rebooting into clover.

what version of Clover are you using, I am using 4813

do a custom install and make sure the following are checked

Clover for UEFI booting only

Install Clover in the ESP

Themes

UEFI Drivers - ApfsDriverLoader-64 and AptioMemoryFix-64

Install RC scripts on target volume

Optional RC scripts

Install Clover Preference Pane

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donw35 said:

what version of Clover are you using, I am using 4813

do a custom install and make sure the following are checked

Clover for UEFI booting only

Install Clover in the ESP

Themes

UEFI Drivers - ApfsDriverLoader-64 and AptioMemoryFix-64

Install RC scripts on target volume

Optional RC scripts

Install Clover Preference Pane

It’s alive!!!

No clue what went wrong, but i got frustrated and decided to start from scratch. Did everything exactly the same (at least I think) but used the EFI you sent earlier!

I’m very gratefull for your assisance :-)

Now all i have to figure out is if i’ll add a better GPU (and if so, which GPU). Any recommendations?

• Thanks 1

okay ... let me rephrase my actual question: does the efi zip in your opening post always reflect the latest & greatest? 

I will validate. 

I just uploaded the one I am using right now... check it out and let me know

Edited by Donw35
  • Thanks 1

you will need to create Mojave USB installer. Your Nvidia 1050ti will not work in Mojave though, you will need to use the built in video as I am doing.

well,

interesting that here is no NVIDIA support under Mojave. i think ill stay put on High Sierra. my machine is tripple boot and the 1050ti works very well under windows for gaming.

thanks man !!

well,

interesting that here is no NVIDIA support under Mojave. i think ill stay put on High Sierra. my machine is tripple boot and the 1050ti works very well under windows for gaming.

thanks man !!

Good plan, once Nvidia has drives for Mojave, it may be a good upgrade

From a hardware perspective the nvidia 1050(ti) is also the highest GPU upgrade officially recommended by HP in the tower / TWR model according the specsheets. The highest AMD RX that will work without using an additional / replacement PSU. To power the possible 6-pin connector at the RX560, is to get a mSATA to 6-pin converter cable (can be held pretty much at every local computer retailer costs a few bucks). But, according to a benchmark site like https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-560/3649vs3926 and/or https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-Radeon-RX-560/3595vs3708 that 'upgrade' from nvidia to AMD -- to be compatible with Mojave (at this time as put forward by @Donw35) -- does mean a considerable performance loss of roughly 25%. In short: 1050ti is indeed the better videocard in a triple boot environment where Windows gaming is important. A proper a wortwhile price/performance upgrade in most TWR scenario's -- for any OS where GPU performance matters -- would be to get a RX 570 with 8GB RAM. Usually cheaper than a RX 580 with 4GB. And the additional 4GB VRAM is more important for textures in Windows gaming than the 15% performance gain of RX580 (so I've been told), but does involve some hardware modding as explained in my prior post on page 3.

Edited by rhyker2u