[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, rocky376 said:

Hello :)

I've just installed Mojave 10.14.2 on my build:

MSI Z77A-G43 (Ivy Bridge)
Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
Radeon R9 280X 3GB
SSD 256GB SATA3

Would you like to check my config?
I'm attaching the folder created with the RunMe app

Thank you,
Kind regards

Send me Z77A-OSX.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

CLOVER FOLDER

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8222

7 hours ago, nemois said:

Hi MaLd0n, can you helpme with my DSDT and config... thanks!!

Send me iMac.zip

RUN UPDATED APP

RunMe.app

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Thank You very much :D

My computer works great now, I have only problems with sleep&wake.

PC is going to sleep normally but when waked up, there are some issues like: black screen / login screen and freeze / very, very slow performance.

This is not a very big thing - I can handle without sleep&wake but I would be grateful if you could take a look.

I'm attaching new files, generated after changes.

Kind regards :)

Send me Z77A-OSX.zip

On 1/9/2019 at 2:42 PM, rocky376 said:

Thank You very much :D

My computer works great now, I have only problems with sleep&wake.

PC is going to sleep normally but when waked up, there are some issues like: black screen / login screen and freeze / very, very slow performance.

This is not a very big thing - I can handle without sleep&wake but I would be grateful if you could take a look.

I'm attaching new files, generated after changes.

Kind regards :)

Send me Z77A-OSX.zip

i think is a gpu problem

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Thanks...
i can fix the Pink Screen with... http://www.mathewinkson.com/2013/03/force-rgb-mode-in-mac-os-x-to-fix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor
I don't have Second display by iGPU, I have only one video output in my RX470, I don't have HDMI AUDIO by RX470, I don't have QuickSync,  I think my config.cfg it's a mess, can you help me with my config.plist file?

Thanks in Advance...

config.plist

9 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

i think is a gpu problem

Hello, I did some research and I found that R9 280X have wake issues, and I don't have iGPU in my processor  - so, everything is clear :)

Thank you very much for your support :)

Kind regards. 

13 hours ago, nemois said:

Thanks...
i can fix the Pink Screen with... http://www.mathewinkson.com/2013/03/force-rgb-mode-in-mac-os-x-to-fix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor
I don't have Second display by iGPU, I have only one video output in my RX470, I don't have HDMI AUDIO by RX470, I don't have QuickSync,  I think my config.cfg it's a mess, can you help me with my config.plist file?

Thanks in Advance...

config.plist

idk about hardware accel in ur hardware, never use it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, magoz said:

Hi Mald0n,

would you help me with my DSDT and config ?

I've just updated to 10.14.2 and my USB3 ports don't work.

I have a 4790K on a Gigabyte z97x ud5h motherboard, and a sapphire pulse RX580 8GB.

Thanks a lot

magoz

Send me rickys-iMac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

use my clover folder or ur usbs dont work

https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/CLOVER.SERIES.CHIPSET.zip

after u need a excluded unused ports

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=65287#p65287

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan_Marshall said:

Hi MaLd0n,

Happy new year to you bro! Hope you are well!

Had a bit more progress with my Lenovo t470s - upgraded to 10.14.2 and things a lot better and smoother now.

May I ask you take a look at the run me files and offer any assistance (trackpad and battery specifically)

Send me Macbooks-MacBook-Pro.zip

Many thanks

DSDT.aml.zip

check if battery work

trackpad is just a kext, u use last voodoops2?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

check if battery work

trackpad is just a kext, u use last voodoops2?

Hi mate,

Big step - battery status is showing! However, showing at 0% (not charging even though plugged in).

Also new DSDT broke sound - no control over volume and unable to adjust.

Trackpad is now working in sys prefs, still a little jumpy but not as much as before however can be adjusted in sys prefs.

New voodoo installed and seems to be better

New dump files 

Edited by Dan_Marshall

9 hours ago, Dan_Marshall said:

Hi mate,

Big step - battery status is showing! However, showing at 0% (not charging even though plugged in).

Also new DSDT broke sound - no control over volume and unable to adjust.

Trackpad is now working in sys prefs, still a little jumpy but not as much as before however can be adjusted in sys prefs.

New voodoo installed and seems to be better

New dump files 

audio inject via clover

battery check in rehabman repo, have a good tutorial too

• Like 1

Hi @MaLd0n

Can you please take a look at my system

Thanks

Mac OS 10.12.4

Laptop Model: HP 240 G5   

CPU: Intel Core i5 6200U
          Socket 1168 BGA
Motherboard: HP 81DB
Memory: 8G DDR3
Graphic: Intel HD Graphics 520
               1366x768 Monitor
Audio & Microphone: ALC282 @ Intel Sunrise Point-LP PCH
Touchpad: HP ELAN Touchpad
Network: 802.11n Broadcom
Bluetooth: Broadcom 43142

I have tried your method of installing mojave, but when i try to install, it stops and then says panic, panic.apple.com
The first version of clover folder, its the one when i followed your guide step by step, and after flashing usb drive, it has that folder.
The second version, i also followed your guide step by step, but took some advice from another guide(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-430-g3-skylake-mojave.256770/) from a notebook that has similiar specs to mine, but i only modified cetain kext files that in that guide told me to modify.
In both cases it goes to panic.
Please help me.

CLOVER(version1).rar

CLOVER(version2).rar

On 1/12/2019 at 3:25 PM, MaLd0n said:

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try this evening.

What SMBios do you suggest ? I'm currently on iMac 14,2 but macpro 5,1 seems better to other guys...

Edited by magoz
update

Hello and thanks for the work you do for the community!!  I hope you could help me here....I have to replace my z270 and i7 7700k on a working Sierra 10.12.6 system , and I was thinking on a z390 and i7 9700k.. would those work on Sierra 10.12.6? or I have to upgrade to H sierra or Mojave? my problem is the gtx 1080 , that with Sierra work perfectly.... and i haven't really understood yet it would work well on high Sierra and mojave because of the driver.... and actually if it would be possible to stay on my system 10.12.6 without much trouble after the hardware upgrade it could save me lot of stress.............  I'm a bit lost here....   could you lend me a hand??!!

3 hours ago, Redragon12 said:

Hello and thanks for the work you do for the community!!  I hope you could help me here....I have to replace my z270 and i7 7700k on a working Sierra 10.12.6 system , and I was thinking on a z390 and i7 9700k.. would those work on Sierra 10.12.6? or I have to upgrade to H sierra or Mojave? my problem is the gtx 1080 , that with Sierra work perfectly.... and i haven't really understood yet it would work well on high Sierra and mojave because of the driver.... and actually if it would be possible to stay on my system 10.12.6 without much trouble after the hardware upgrade it could save me lot of stress.............  I'm a bit lost here....   could you lend me a hand??!!

use high sierra 10.13.6

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 12:38 AM, primetrack said:

Hi @MaLd0n

Can you please take a look at my system

Thanks

Mac OS 10.12.4

Laptop Model: HP 240 G5   

CPU: Intel Core i5 6200U
          Socket 1168 BGA
Motherboard: HP 81DB
Memory: 8G DDR3
Graphic: Intel HD Graphics 520
               1366x768 Monitor
Audio & Microphone: ALC282 @ Intel Sunrise Point-LP PCH
Touchpad: HP ELAN Touchpad
Network: 802.11n Broadcom
Bluetooth: Broadcom 43142

I have tried your method of installing mojave, but when i try to install, it stops and then says panic, panic.apple.com
The first version of clover folder, its the one when i followed your guide step by step, and after flashing usb drive, it has that folder.
The second version, i also followed your guide step by step, but took some advice from another guide(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-430-g3-skylake-mojave.256770/) from a notebook that has similiar specs to mine, but i only modified cetain kext files that in that guide told me to modify.
In both cases it goes to panic.
Please help me.

CLOVER(version1).rar

CLOVER(version2).rar

Your HP Lappy is closely related to my HP EliteBook G3.. Try this clover and replace with yours..

CLOVER.zip

Hello I'm trying to do fresh install of Mojave on Intel DX79SI and need help. Previous install was with Mavericks but after trying to extract DSDT while in clover boot menu I screwed it((. Now can't even boot into old build. When I'm trying to boot into Mojave external installer sometimes I get freeze Apple logo and progress bar, sometimes closed circle. I have successfully created USB drive UEFI Boot Mode with Graphics configuration for nVidia. Could you please help me figure out how can I boot into OSX installer? What boot flags should I use? Thank you in advance! Can some one help me please. Work computer with current job in 3D. Thank you in advance.

Intel DX79SI Logic Board
CPU Intel 3.2 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
SSD 120 GB

IMG_0742.JPG

Edited by ak-78
updates

Hello Maldon. A little over a year ago you helped me make a dsdt and work some bugs out of my hackintosh. (Page 28 of this thread) I'm still on the same system but i just installed an XFX RX 480 gfx card and need my dsdt edited. In the attachment are the dsdt you made a year ago, and the ssdt's I made and found for my board. Included is the new IOREG dump and my current config file. Speedstep, turbo boost, and system temps are all ok in Intel Speed Gadget. I'm still on 10.12.6, but now that I have Metal support with the RX 480 I will probably install High Sierra soon. Thanks.

for maldon.zip

Hi @MaLd0n

Since macOS 10.13.6 and now under macOS 10.14.3, I've got a issue with my patched DSDT: Mojave restart randomly at first boot. I have to reboot several times to get a normal startup. Rebuilding don't solve the problem.

Could you take a look on my patched DSDT. Please.

Thanks

Sorry for my bad english

DSDT.aml.zip

On 1/23/2019 at 4:30 PM, ak-78 said:

Hello I'm trying to do fresh install of Mojave on Intel DX79SI and need help. Previous install was with Mavericks but after trying to extract DSDT while in clover boot menu I screwed it((. Now can't even boot into old build. When I'm trying to boot into Mojave external installer sometimes I get freeze Apple logo and progress bar, sometimes closed circle. I have successfully created USB drive UEFI Boot Mode with Graphics configuration for nVidia. Could you please help me figure out how can I boot into OSX installer? What boot flags should I use? Thank you in advance! Can some one help me please. Work computer with current job in 3D. Thank you in advance.

Intel DX79SI Logic Board
CPU Intel 3.2 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
SSD 120 GB

check

https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/CLOVER.X79.zip

IN SOME CASES X79 NEED A DSDT PATCH FOR INSTALL

On 1/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, mikey1953 said:

Hello Maldon. A little over a year ago you helped me make a dsdt and work some bugs out of my hackintosh. (Page 28 of this thread) I'm still on the same system but i just installed an XFX RX 480 gfx card and need my dsdt edited. In the attachment are the dsdt you made a year ago, and the ssdt's I made and found for my board. Included is the new IOREG dump and my current config file. Speedstep, turbo boost, and system temps are all ok in Intel Speed Gadget. I'm still on 10.12.6, but now that I have Metal support with the RX 480 I will probably install High Sierra soon. Thanks.

for maldon.zip

i posted in Olarila, check there

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @MaLd0n

Since macOS 10.13.6 and now under macOS 10.14.3, I've got a issue with my patched DSDT: Mojave restart randomly at first boot. I have to reboot several times to get a normal startup. Rebuilding don't solve the problem.

Could you take a look on my patched DSDT. Please.

Thanks

Sorry for my bad english

DSDT.aml.zip

post a full dump

• Like 1