[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

here we go

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

send me new files after reboot

test hotplug etc

let me know

Hi Mald0n,

Updated my EFI files. Here is the send me file attached. I am working remotely at the moment so can't test hot plug but will test it tonight. I do notice the express card in the system profile and menu bar. Menu bar does not crash and only the thunderbolt controller is listed as express card but thats probably because I don't have any devices plugged into it right now.

thanks!

g\

Send me Tims-iHac.zip

• Like 1

Enjoy

:yes:  Just for the sake of learning more things, why though the DSDT has Plugintype inserted, we have to use the same setting in Clover config?

And the last request; many years ago i found on your site if i recall well all the patches for uor DSDT in a txt form or in a form that MaciALS could use, do you mind to share the patch used in my DSDT this kind of form?

Two reason... to learn faster and in case of a new bios revision. :blush:

Thanks again, so after some years i'm back to study DSDT again!!

• Like 1

Hi Mald0n,

Updated my EFI files. Here is the send me file attached. I am working remotely at the moment so can't test hot plug but will test it tonight. I do notice the express card in the system profile and menu bar. Menu bar does not crash and only the thunderbolt controller is listed as express card but thats probably because I don't have any devices plugged into it right now.

thanks!

g\

take a shot and let me know, i made some modification

:yes:  Just for the sake of learning more things, why though the DSDT has Plugintype inserted, we have to use the same setting in Clover config?

And the last request; many years ago i found on your site if i recall well all the patches for uor DSDT in a txt form or in a form that MaciALS could use, do you mind to share the patch used in my DSDT this kind of form?

Two reason... to learn faster and in case of a new bios revision. :blush:

Thanks again, so after some years i'm back to study DSDT again!!

u can remove plugin type in config.list

all patches in first post ;)

• Like 2

take a shot and let me know, i made some modification

Unfortunately hot-plug did not work in my initial tests (more on this below). Sleep also doesn't seem to work, though shutdown does. Sleep seems to put the screens to sleep but not the computer, i am able to wake the screens unlike on the other system. 

In my hot plug testing, first thing i tried when i got back was to plug in a couple of devices. The system had been booted without anything plugged into TB3 ports. in this case nothing happened, the hot plug event seemed to be ignored.

Next i tried rebooting with a device attached. the device showed up as expected, however hot plugging a second device caused the system to immediately reboot. In fact i found hot plugging or removing any device once system was booted with any TB3 device connected at boot causes an instant reboot. I should probably test with other devices as the panic seems to relate to the driver of on of the devices i was testing with. I will try this next. In the meantime, if i boot with any TB device connected they appear in system profiler as an express card and the crashy menubar behavior is back. 

For reference i attached a sendme with a couple of devices attached at boot (apple firewire adapter with TB3->TB2 adapter on one port, and TB3 enclosure with 10GbE on the other port).

Thanks!

g\

Send me Tims-iHac.zip

• Like 1

Unfortunately hot-plug did not work in my initial tests (more on this below). Sleep also doesn't seem to work, though shutdown does. Sleep seems to put the screens to sleep but not the computer, i am able to wake the screens unlike on the other system. 

In my hot plug testing, first thing i tried when i got back was to plug in a couple of devices. The system had been booted without anything plugged into TB3 ports. in this case nothing happened, the hot plug event seemed to be ignored.

Next i tried rebooting with a device attached. the device showed up as expected, however hot plugging a second device caused the system to immediately reboot. In fact i found hot plugging or removing any device once system was booted with any TB3 device connected at boot causes an instant reboot. I should probably test with other devices as the panic seems to relate to the driver of on of the devices i was testing with. I will try this next. In the meantime, if i boot with any TB device connected they appear in system profiler as an express card and the crashy menubar behavior is back. 

For reference i attached a sendme with a couple of devices attached at boot (apple firewire adapter with TB3->TB2 adapter on one port, and TB3 enclosure with 10GbE on the other port).

Thanks!

g\

here

DSDT.TEST2.zip

sleep problem, run it interminal

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

if use water coller with usb cable, is a problem sleep

• Like 2

here

attachicon.gifDSDT.TEST2.zip

with this DSDT:

Focusing on Thunderbolt for the moment. Some interesting results.

1) no more express card in menu bar, also thunderbolt controller and devices do not appear at all in system profiler PCI devices, but may be found elsewhere in system profiler,. for instance firewire appears under firewire, even though it does not show up in PCI devices list.

2A- devices plugged at boot always appear (as expected)

2B- devices can very reliably be hot-removed. no system crashes. Device disappears from system profiler (for instance if it was there under firewire or ethernet- again it never shows up in PCI list)

2C - hot plug is very inconsistent. usually hot plugging a device does not work, however in a couple of cases it seems to work. for instance- boot with firewire in one port and 10G in the other port. Remove firewire (success) plug back in firewire (nothing happens), remove 10G (success), plug in firewire to port previously occupied by 10G (success). further hot plug events do not work until reboot.

here is a sendme file. I booted with a blackmagic decklink card in one port, and an akitio RAID station in the other (akitio raid station has 2 sata drives, a usb3 controller with SD card reader connected, and intel GbE i210). I then plugged in the firewire adapter to the akitio raid station so it is #2 in the chain, and it was a successful hot plug (now see a firewire bus in system profiler). I then generated the sendme file.

You are amazing, so many thanks!

g\

PS- the other onboard ethernet (i211 based) is no longer showing up or working, it was working before with the hacked small tree drivers and fakePCIID.

Send me Tims-iHac.zip

here is a sendme file. I booted with a blackmagic decklink card in one port, and an akitio RAID station in the other (akitio raid station has 2 sata drives, a usb3 controller with SD card reader connected, and intel GbE i210). I then plugged in the firewire adapter to the akitio raid station so it is #2 in the chain, and it was a successful hot plug (now see a firewire bus in system profiler). I then generated the sendme file.

You are amazing, so many thanks!

g\

PS- the other onboard ethernet (i211 based) is no longer showing up or working, it was working before with the hacked small tree drivers and fakePCIID.

Hi @Mald0n, any more to try on this today?

Thanks,

g\

• Like 1

MaLd0n,Good afternoon, tell me whether to include BIOS in CState and somehow customize them or leave them as is by default? And how does the hackintosh behave at 10.13 with AFPS? Are there any difficulties with AFPS ??

• Like 1

check if have voodoohda and applehdadisabler.kext in library/extensions or system/library/extensions, if yes, remove it, use only my Clover folder

Thanks fo advice.

I've removed that kexts.

"Send me" attached.

Also I have a little bug. After sleep monitor don't restore color profile. Each time I have to go to preferences -> Displays -> Color to restore it. 

It's interesting that color profile restoring after I'm pressing Color button. I mean that I don't need to change it by myself. It's changing after I've pressing preferences -> Displays -> Color button  

Also I want to ask for some another problems. Maybe I missed and I should answer this in another thread. Sorry in advance. 

1. I've lost sound via DisplayPort

2. I know about Nvidia Web driver issues in a new driver versions. I've also stuck with this different UI lags. *.156 - *.159

Also I know that according "google search" downgrading to an older driver version, *.102 - *.106 can fix the situation with UI.

I know how to correctly install unsupported Nvidia web drivers versions manually or in automatic mode using custom scripts (like webdriver.sh from vulgo) . I've tried a lot of ways to install old drivers.

I've tried, I think every suggestion I've found in google in different languages. (SIP enable/disable, reboots, only PEG in BIOS and etc.)  

But every time I've installed old driver version my boot sucked on:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Nothing works for me to fix this problem with an old driver. 

Also I've tried for a lot of times to install *.102 - *.106 on fresh 10.13.2 system and even older drivers on 10.12.6 system. The same boot stuck issue.

Even with ur DSDT fixes.

But in a same time a newer driver versions (*.156 - *.159) booting without any problems on 10.13.3.  

MaLd0n, maybe u have some ideas how to fix this problem? 

Send me Anns-iMac.zip

• Like 1

MaLd0n,Good afternoon, tell me whether to include BIOS in CState and somehow customize them or leave them as is by default? And how does the hackintosh behave at 10.13 with AFPS? Are there any difficulties with AFPS ??

try a default config, just change if u need

fine with apfs, but u can use 10.13.x in hfs too, my case

Thanks fo advice.

I've removed that kexts.

"Send me" attached.

Also I have a little bug. After sleep monitor don't restore color profile. Each time I have to go to preferences -> Displays -> Color to restore it. 

It's interesting that color profile restoring after I'm pressing Color button. I mean that I don't need to change it by myself. It's changing after I've pressing preferences -> Displays -> Color button  

Also I want to ask for some another problems. Maybe I missed and I should answer this in another thread. Sorry in advance. 

1. I've lost sound via DisplayPort

2. I know about Nvidia Web driver issues in a new driver versions. I've also stuck with this different UI lags. *.156 - *.159

Also I know that according "google search" downgrading to an older driver version, *.102 - *.106 can fix the situation with UI.

I know how to correctly install unsupported Nvidia web drivers versions manually or in automatic mode using custom scripts (like webdriver.sh from vulgo) . I've tried a lot of ways to install old drivers.

I've tried, I think every suggestion I've found in google in different languages. (SIP enable/disable, reboots, only PEG in BIOS and etc.)  

But every time I've installed old driver version my boot sucked on:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Nothing works for me to fix this problem with an old driver. 

Also I've tried for a lot of times to install *.102 - *.106 on fresh 10.13.2 system and even older drivers on 10.12.6 system. The same boot stuck issue.

Even with ur DSDT fixes.

But in a same time a newer driver versions (*.156 - *.159) booting without any problems on 10.13.3.  

MaLd0n, maybe u have some ideas how to fix this problem? 

1- remove voodoohda, this kext enable hdmi audio, but broke dp

2-use it

nvidia-update.command.zip

I've recently upgraded to a z370 aorus and a 8700k

I'm running fine but do I need still need

USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in clover/kexts

I have the xhci patch in clover config

yes, u need, for a good hack u need many things, work perfect

enjoy

• Like 1

thx MaLd0n,

I've attached my clover folder.  Does everything look optimal to you.  Kexts and patches etc.  I get some restarts in final cut X randomly sometimes

Gigabyte z370 Aorus Ultra

i8700k @5 gig

16 gig ram

10.13.3. su

nvidia web driver .158

• Like 1

thx MaLd0n,

I've attached my clover folder.  Does everything look optimal to you.  Kexts and patches etc.  I get some restarts in final cut X randomly sometimes

Gigabyte z370 Aorus Ultra

i8700k @5 gig

16 gig ram

10.13.3. su

nvidia web driver .158

up ur clover folder here

• Like 1