[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Hi MaLd0n,

Recently I build this new setup, which was basically founded of my previous system (6700k). So I think a lot can be optimized. I'm missing DSDT and SSDT patches. Most is arranged in clover with the appropriate paches. The problem I have is that the system gets slow after a while. Especially the graphics are lagging (I'm aware of the poor Nvidia dirvers so I rolled them back already). So I hope you find optimisations to speed up the system and also a good staring point for future hacks because I'm not planning any upgrade next coming years. Can you please look into my upload if you can find some errors / optimisations?

Hans-Beast-Hackintosh-i7-8700K.zip

Thanks!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

use last version

Many thanks, It works, not really quite but it's working. I had to download again HSierra,  created a new stick, bios upgrade.

Trying to patch dsdt!! (is this the same as the one on el capitan or i need on High Sierra a new one??)

Edited by themorb

5 hours ago, genzai said:

Hello @MaLd0n,
Here is my sendme info again. this is already based on your work not long ago. But i have enabled iGPU in headless mode, which is working well so maybe it needs nothing new. But also wondering about your recent work with Z370 and if it can be applied to improve my ACPI.

Thanks!

g\

https://www.dropbox.com/s/08gch5uzmumafif/Send me GustavMahlerIII.zip?dl=0

Z370 Aurous Gaming 7, GTX 1080ti, TB3, UHD630 (headless acceleration working)

the problem is: we need some time, removed devices, reboot, test

check my DSDT

DSDT.MaLd0n serie 300.zip

U need check log, see erros and rape table

2 hours ago, Pluskat5000Schiffe said:

Hi MaLd0n,

Recently I build this new setup, which was basically founded of my previous system (6700k). So I think a lot can be optimized. I'm missing DSDT and SSDT patches. Most is arranged in clover with the appropriate paches. The problem I have is that the system gets slow after a while. Especially the graphics are lagging (I'm aware of the poor Nvidia dirvers so I rolled them back already). So I hope you find optimisations to speed up the system and also a good staring point for future hacks because I'm not planning any upgrade next coming years. Can you please look into my upload if you can find some errors / optimisations?

Hans-Beast-Hackintosh-i7-8700K.zip

Thanks!

replace full folder, reboot, send me new dumps

CLOVER.zip

1 hour ago, themorb said:

Many thanks, It works, not really quite but it's working. I had to download again HSierra,  created a new stick, bios upgrade.

Trying to patch dsdt!! (is this the same as the one on el capitan or i need on High Sierra a new one??)

extract new files, i patched for u

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

just use ESP, legacy or not, error don't appear

I must do something wrong. I strictly followed your instructions, installing Clover as you said (picture)in esp . I always get a boot0 error and I'm forced to boot from usb. I don't know why. Actually I can say that everything works but bluetooth and wifi (of course) and that I can't adjust brightness though I installed Native display. Buttons work (shift F1 and F2) but nothing changes but this thing it's a p.i.t.a. I would like to boot from laptop. Thanks for your help as usual. 

Just now, bluenote56 said:

I must do something wrong. I strictly followed your instructions, installing Clover as you said (picture)in esp . I always get a boot0 error and I'm forced to boot from usb. I don't know why. Actually I can say that everything works but bluetooth and wifi (of course) and that I can't adjust brightness though I installed Native display. Buttons work (shift F1 and F2) but nothing changes but this thing it's a p.i.t.a. I would like to boot from laptop. Thanks for your help as usual. 

Use a fresh install and after use boot0ss ESP or uefi

52 minutes ago, Pluskat5000Schiffe said:

Results after replacement with your files

https://we.tl/7LYJZvOz9R Thanks for your help!

looks good, just add more two patches in config.plist

EC0 to EC
4543 305f
4543 5f5f

GLAN to GIGE
474c 414e
4749 4745

9 minutes ago, 41089 said:

Hey MaLd0n,  I've slightly upgraded my build would it be possible to get a new DSDT? 

41089 imac march.zip

without many things, but looks good

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

looks good, just add more two patches in config.plist

EC0 to EC
4543 305f
4543 5f5f

GLAN to GIGE
474c 414e
4749 4745

without many things, but looks good

Thanks Mald0n!

Can you tell me briefly what has been optimised compared to the situation before your additions?

Also, I still have a problem with the wake from sleep. When it wakes from sleep the hack is alive but the Dell P2715Q 4K screen fails to display anything and enters soon to power safe mode. I have to reboot the hack again in this situation. I read a lot of this issue and I disabled sleep but I really interested in a sleep / awake fix if there is any. It has to do with the DisplayPort 1.2 if I remember correctly. Can you possible fix this? Does the HD630 of the 8700K maybe help when its added to the hack? At this moment its disabled and runs it on discrete graphics only.

9 minutes ago, Pluskat5000Schiffe said:

Thanks Mald0n!

Can you tell me briefly what has been optimised compared to the situation before your additions?

Also, I still have a problem with the wake from sleep. When it wakes from sleep the hack is alive but the Dell P2715Q 4K screen fails to display anything and enters soon to power safe mode. I have to reboot the hack again in this situation. I read a lot of this issue and I disabled sleep but I really interested in a sleep / awake fix if there is any. It has to do with the DisplayPort 1.2 if I remember correctly. Can you possible fix this? Does the HD630 of the 8700K maybe help when its added to the hack? At this moment its disabled and runs it on discrete graphics only.

i see others users with same problem with 4k

u can se both gpus for hardware acceleration

-IntelGFX 0x59128086

-InjectIntel

-ig-platform-id 0x59120003

-IntelGraphics enable in bios

-DVMT to 128

-IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

MaLd0n 2018-03-19 às 14.04.35.png

MaLd0n 2018-03-19 às 14.07.08.png

7 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

i see others users with same problem with 4k

u can se both gpus for hardware acceleration

Intel UHD Graphics appears visible under Hardware\PCI

However VDADecoderChecker gives an error:

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95 
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

I tried a Bootarch "shikigva=12" but no difference and causes iTunes to crash, "shikigva=4" no difference and iTunes stable.

Thanks!

P.S. the wake from sleep is solved... you never believe it... I had always used the equipped Dell cable. This was a Displayport to Mini DisplayPort Cable. I swapped it for a DisplayPort to Displayport Cable and wake from sleep is working... This is so terrible stupid but I'm so glad I found the issue!

Celebrated to soon ... Sometimes it still doesn't wake it looks cable related because with original I can't wake at all. The older cable does... sometimes...

Edited by Pluskat5000Schiffe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pluskat5000Schiffe said:

Intel UHD Graphics appears visible under Hardware\PCI

However VDADecoderChecker gives an error:

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95 
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

I tried a Bootarch "shikigva=12" but no difference and causes iTunes to crash, "shikigva=4" no difference and iTunes stable.

Thanks!

P.S. the wake from sleep is solved... you never believe it... I had always used the equipped Dell cable. This was a Displayport to Mini DisplayPort Cable. I swapped it for a DisplayPort to Displayport Cable and wake from sleep is working... This is so terrible stupid but I'm so glad I found the issue!

Celebrated to soon ... Sometimes it still doesn't wake it looks cable related because with original I can't wake at all. The older cable does... sometimes...

work for me

-IntelGFX 0x59128086
-InjectIntel
-ig-platform-id 0x59120003
-IntelGraphics enable in bios
-DVMT 128
-IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
-Shiki.kext

dont need flag shikigva with last Shiki version

MaLd0n 2018-03-19 às 21.49.33.png

MaLd0n 2018-03-19 às 21.49.56.png

MaLd0n 2018-03-19 às 21.50.08.png

29 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

MaLd0n 2018-03-19 às 21.49.56.png

It looks different. @my IGPU@2 I have 2 times AppleGraphicsDeviceControlClient. Is that related with the amount ports? 

Thanks! How can I verify if Encode / Decode works ok with UHD630?

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 02.20.29.png

1 minute ago, Pluskat5000Schiffe said:

It looks different. @my IGPU@2 I have 2 times AppleGraphicsDeviceControlClient. Is that related with the amount ports? 

Thanks! How can I verify if Encode / Decode works ok with UHD630?

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 02.20.29.png

check with MacX Video Converter Pro.app

MaLd0n 2018-03-19 às 22.28.02.png

37 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

check with MacX Video Converter Pro.app

MaLd0n 2018-03-19 às 22.28.02.png

I see nVidia GT1080Ti only there so its not working correctly.

Can you please look into my clover files if I mistyped or forgot something?

https://we.tl/YQ2srimo5h

Cheers!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pluskat5000Schiffe said:

I see nVidia GT1080Ti only there so its not working correctly.

Can you please look into my clover files if I mistyped or forgot something?

https://we.tl/YQ2srimo5h

Cheers!

i think is a bios config or smbios, i use iMacPro and beta 10.13.4

u need a tests

Hey there!

Could you pls take a look on my results, is there something else to do to improve?

H/W: Asrock H110M-HDS, G4560, GTX650, 8GB, SSD Sata, TV connected by HDMI (with sound) 

Running 10.12.6, seems good

I have tried all guides High Sierra that i could find on network in 2 weak but useless. got random half-second freezes all time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

i think is a bios config or smbios, i use iMacPro and beta 10.13.4

u need a tests

MalD0n, Do you only have integrated graphics installed or do you also have a nVidia discrete in your system? 

In the acX Video Converter Pro.app I see behind graphics: nVidia GTX1080Ti and I do see hardware encoding supported: yes. Does this mean that video encoding is done with the nVidia card or does it mean the intel is doing the job? (In older version you could explicit turn off encoding platforms to enforce another platform to be used if I'm correct).

Cheers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iSoul01 said:

Hey there!

Could you pls take a look on my results, is there something else to do to improve?

H/W: Asrock H110M-HDS, G4560, GTX650, 8GB, SSD Sata, TV connected by HDMI (with sound) 

Running 10.12.6, seems good

I have tried all guides High Sierra that i could find on network in 2 weak but useless. got random half-second freezes all time.

CLOVER.zip

3 hours ago, Pluskat5000Schiffe said:

MalD0n, Do you only have integrated graphics installed or do you also have a nVidia discrete in your system? 

In the acX Video Converter Pro.app I see behind graphics: nVidia GTX1080Ti and I do see hardware encoding supported: yes. Does this mean that video encoding is done with the nVidia card or does it mean the intel is doing the job? (In older version you could explicit turn off encoding platforms to enforce another platform to be used if I'm correct).

Cheers

RX 580 now, nvidia provide a bad driver, i changed ;)