[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

2 Cores, 4 Threads

Intel site

https://ark.intel.com/products/97147/Intel-Core-i5-7400-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz

i think is a Clover bug, u need check it

post one photo

i'll work in new clover folder for install

so ... after many attempts I managed to reinstall from scratch.
I had to reset the EC using a button on the motherboard called EC_RST
At the moment it starts but every two or three booting goes in crask at boot
I am attaching my EFI folder and files created by runme.app
Surely the problem is caused by this ecm2, I am also attaching a picture of the kernelpanic

http://www.terminalstrip.net/MaLdOn/Airbook_Febr26.zip

EDIT: IF I WAIT 20 seconds on Clover Boot Menu the System boot without kernel panic...too strange

post-609588-0-69122400-1519667835_thumb.jpeg

Edited by gigibatt
  • Like 1

CLOVER.zip

i need new SEND_ME after reboot, many devices

RunMe.app.zip

EDIT: IF I WAIT 20 seconds on Clover Boot Menu the System boot without kernel panic...too strange

try a last version

Clover_v2.4k_r4417.pkg.zip

• Like 2

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

attachicon.gifRunMe.app.zip

try a last version

attachicon.gifClover_v2.4k_r4417.pkg.zip

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div></div>

145/5000

it does not change anything, as you saw the dsdt is completely missing.

if among the kext I put the battery manager I only have kernel panic and I can not start

• Like 1

145/5000

it does not change anything, as you saw the dsdt is completely missing.

if among the kext I put the battery manager I only have kernel panic and I can not start

system boot fine?

• Like 1

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

Thanks for the very fast turnaround. Here is the new "sendme". The only modification i made was to put my old system IDs/Serial into the config.plist in the clover folder you sent before replacing my old folder. I just didn't want to confuse messages, etc.

Thanks,

g\

Send me Gustav-Mahler-III.zip

• Like 1

k

send me files

i'll check

Thanks for the very fast turnaround. Here is the new "sendme". The only modification i made was to put my old system IDs/Serial into the config.plist in the clover folder you sent before replacing my old folder. I just didn't want to confuse messages, etc.

Thanks,

g\

genzai.zip

let me know

boot is fine?

shutdown work with connected usbs

sleep?

i need last run_me with last files

• Like 2

attachicon.gifgenzai.zip

let me know

boot is fine?

shutdown work with connected usbs

sleep?

i need last run_me with last files

Boot is good.

Shutdown works (this had been an issue in the past)

sleep does not work, screens went to sleep but system never seemed to turn "off", and attempts to "wake" the screen failed. hard reset and got an apple error report explicitly saying a sleep-wake event failed. TBH i dont really use sleep so thats very low priority though certainly would be nice. 

There is one weird issue with the current DSDT, which is it lists a bunch of "express card" devices in the system profiler. This includes the thunderbolt controller and i think the attached devices. But it has the result of putting an express card menu bar icon on my menu bar, and a side effect of this is that all the apple first party menu bar icons take a very long time to load after a boot, once loaded they work fine but if i click on the express card menubar icon all the apple first party menu bar items disappear (like a menubar crash but only for apple first party icons, like the sound icon, clock and user, notifications center, etc). They eventually return but this seems pretty buggy.

Also wondering, wouldn't be better to identify the nvidia graphics as GFX1 in ACPI instead of GFX0? This should in theory get around applegraphicsdevicepolicy issues on its own?

here is the latest "sendme". 

Thanks!

g\

Send me Gustav-Mahler-III.zip

• Like 1

Boot is good.

Shutdown works (this had been an issue in the past)

sleep does not work, screens went to sleep but system never seemed to turn "off", and attempts to "wake" the screen failed. hard reset and got an apple error report explicitly saying a sleep-wake event failed. TBH i dont really use sleep so thats very low priority though certainly would be nice. 

There is one weird issue with the current DSDT, which is it lists a bunch of "express card" devices in the system profiler. This includes the thunderbolt controller and i think the attached devices. But it has the result of putting an express card menu bar icon on my menu bar, and a side effect of this is that all the apple first party menu bar icons take a very long time to load after a boot, once loaded they work fine but if i click on the express card menubar icon all the apple first party menu bar items disappear (like a menubar crash but only for apple first party icons, like the sound icon, clock and user, notifications center, etc). They eventually return but this seems pretty buggy.

Also wondering, wouldn't be better to identify the nvidia graphics as GFX1 in ACPI instead of GFX0? This should in theory get around applegraphicsdevicepolicy issues on its own?

here is the latest "sendme". 

Thanks!

g\

ye, all devices appears with same name

i put diff names for all devices now, take a shot

put in clover/acpi/patched

DSDT02.aml.zip

reboot, press O in clover boot screen, acpi patching, dsdt name and put DSDT02.aml

boot into system and check

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

• Like 2

reboot, press O in clover boot screen, acpi patching, dsdt name and put DSDT02.aml

boot into system and check

attachicon.gifIORegistryExplorer.app.zip

Hi Mald0n,

I did as you asked. Its hard for me to tell if DSDT02 loaded or not though. Still looks like the same names in system profiler, and same menubar behavior. here is the new ioreg output. 

ps. I also notice that in system profile PCI devices it says IMEI drivers are not loaded, does that seem odd?

Thanks,

g\

Gustav Mahler III 0226-1629.zip

• Like 1

Hi Mald0n,

I did as you asked. Its hard for me to tell if DSDT02 loaded or not though. Still looks like the same names in system profiler, and same menubar behavior. here is the new ioreg output. 

ps. I also notice that in system profile PCI devices it says IMEI drivers are not loaded, does that seem odd?

Thanks,

g\

imei load only if u use IntelHDGraphics ;) i'll check files

• Like 2

Hi Mald0n,

Thanks,

g\

Other Test

DSDT02.aml.zip

and one without any cosmetic

DSDT.WITHOUT COSMETICS.zip

• Like 2

Other Test

attachicon.gifDSDT02.aml.zip

IOReg with new DSDT02.

System profile no longer shows express card devices and has unique names on the "PCI bus". this seems good no? also no crashy express card menu bar.

Thanks,

g\

and one without any cosmetic

attachicon.gifDSDT.WITHOUT COSMETICS.zip

and ioreg from the "without cosmetics" version (ioreg file labeled nc). shows no PCI devices in system profile.

Thanks,

g\

Gustav Mahler III 0226-1752-dsdt02.zip

Gustav Mahler III 0226-1805-nc.zip

• Like 1

what 2 files work good? both have all essentials patches

Thanks so i assume I should use the DSDT02 file with cosmetic patches? 

Do you recommend i enable the iGPU?

I notice your edits include PCIHotplugEnable. Should i have hot plug support over thunderbolt now?

Any other advice?

Big thanks!

g\

Thanks so i assume I should use the DSDT02 file with cosmetic patches? 

Do you recommend i enable the iGPU?

I notice your edits include PCIHotplugEnable. Should i have hot plug support over thunderbolt now?

Any other advice?

Big thanks!

g\

90% dont work

in chipset x299 work in some cases

• Like 1

MaLd0n, hello.
I'm not so nubie, but I want to have my custom hmac fully working.
Can u please help me with DSDT?

Here is my hardware list:

Asus ROG Strix Z270G
32 Gb RAM 3200 Corsair. 8x4
Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
File system is APFS

Also using another Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256GB for Windows 10

Thanks in advance

Here are the files:

CLOVER.zip

Send me Anns-iMac.zip