[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

@ MaLd0n - I could not get sleep/wake to work properly with HD630. I decided to get an Nvidia GPU (GTX 1050 TI). I have got the card working OK, and sleep/wake seems to work fine when I wake with the power button.

I hope you allow a couple more questions.

- Do I need a new DSDT with Nvidia GPU?

- With the Nvidia GPU, I lost the option for audio over DisplayPort.

- When I run HWMonitor - I only get output for SSD’s. FakeSMC is still only in EFI. Should I move it?

- Not a big deal, but is it possible to get wake with BT keyboard.

- The DSDT file is a black box for me. Is there a way to check whether everything is working OK with my system?

Thanks again!

• Like 1

send me original dsdt and one ioreg, we try without remove _prw, apply hdmi(pascal work in DP)

hwmoitor, need a sensors, but need check what sensors work good with pascal

• Like 1

@Mald0n, I have tried DSDT file, sleep work as your mentioned, I need wake by Power button.

Is there any further improvement to make it perfect? Wake by Power button also fine for me.

As you mentioned on post  #567 that pascal work in DP, I can't work fine with AppleHDA1220.kext. 

But if I use VoodooHDA.kext, audio HDMI can work. Should I change to VoodooHDA?

Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

try with both, voodo for hdmi and applealc to onboard :D 

ill check patch for pascal

U can send me ioreg with HDMI work with VoodooHda?

• Like 1

ye, 7700k is amazin'! 

i'll back with files

check, try

wake from keyboard and mouse is ok, BT need check config, i think. Work here!

if u have a problem, extract oriinal dsdt in clover boot screen with F4 key

Thank you. Unfortunately still no audio over DisplayPort with Nvidia (strange, it worked with HD630...) and I can only wake with power button (not with bluetooth). Not really big deals, but would be nice...

origin.zip

• Like 1

Thank you. Unfortunately still no audio over DisplayPort with Nvidia (strange, it worked with HD630...) and I can only wake with power button (not with bluetooth). Not really big deals, but would be nice...

Ill check, back to home in a few hours.

The gpu is pascal?

• Like 1

I would appreciate your help patching my DSDT files.  I have a z270x gaming k5 with bios f7a.  I am using a 6700k cpu.

CLOVER.zip

No hurry at all.

Yep - GTX 1050 is Pascal architecture.

DSDT.smoldersonline.zip

if dont work, need wait nvidia or use VoodooHda, with voodoohda, hdmi pascal work.

;)

• Like 1

Hey man thanks for this thread it helped me a lot I was able to get to 12.5 but for the life of me I can't get audio to work ..... 

First of all I enable it but when I plug in the speakers or headphones it sounds like garbage ....  Hdmi audio using the hd 620 now seems impossible so I just want a working system before tackling cdmi audio 

I am using an Asrock deskmini 110 with an i3 7100 baby CPU 

If you could help me with the edits on the Dsdt hopefully things can work fine again. 

Thanks 

Shremi 

Send me Marcos’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

Hey man thanks for this thread it helped me a lot I was able to get to 12.5 but for the life of me I can't get audio to work ..... 

First of all I enable it but when I plug in the speakers or headphones it sounds like garbage ....  Hdmi audio using the hd 620 now seems impossible so I just want a working system before tackling cdmi audio 

I am using an Asrock deskmini 110 with an i3 7100 baby CPU 

If you could help me with the edits on the Dsdt hopefully things can work fine again. 

Thanks 

Shremi 

the audio coeec is alc283? i apply id 3

DSDT.shremi.zip

• Like 2