[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

@MaLd0n Thanks, got it sorted out...I did update clover to 4084. Thanks to @Needy and his updated bios version table as well as updated SMBIOS info by PikerRAlpha (posted by @cyberdevs), installed 10.12.6 Beta, removed skylake fakeid (got kabylake native support), changed system definition 17,1 to 18,1... and bingo, back in business. Just need to wait on 10.12.6 final and Nvidia.

• Like 1

@Kynyo my prior-to converting to 10.12.6, kabylake, and 18.1sysdef from, 10.2.5, skylake spoof, and 17.1 EFI is posted above #666. All the steps that I performed are listed above and any s/w that is required can be downloaded from this site.

Good Luck! :)  

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. Problem it's i have bootable system but only from USB i can boot, not from SSD.

Do you have any particular modifications in F4 Bios DSDT? Because you said "Needy and his updated bios version table".

• Like 1

Needy's Table only has to do with a clover SMBIOS setting that is needed in order to use the 18,1 system definition (not your actual motherboard's bios). In order to boot from SSD, copy the EFI from your USB to a EFI folder on the SSD. You can download and install clover configurator to set up the SSD's EFI correctly.

• Like 1

I did, ill try to use 18,1 SMBIOS. I verbose load macOS after copying EFI folder from USB, then it reboots. Using Emuvariable.efi and OSx2Aptio.efi. What in particular do i have to modify on the table to be able to use 18,1 SMBIOS? Thanks.

• Like 1

@MaLd0n Thanks, got it sorted out...I did update clover to 4084. Thanks to @Needy and his updated bios version table as well as updated SMBIOS info by PikerRAlpha (posted by @cyberdevs), installed 10.12.6 Beta, removed skylake fakeid (got kabylake native support), changed system definition 17,1 to 18,1... and bingo, back in business. Just need to wait on 10.12.6 final and Nvidia.

Good!

Hey @MaLd0n!

Big thanks for posting a working CLOVER config folder. Using the package you shared in the first post, I was able to install macOS Sierra 10.12.5.

Setup:

• Motherboard: MSI Z270 PC MATE
  • CPU: Intel I7-7700K
  • GPU: HD 630 (temporarily), will be NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Asus Turbo once I get it working
  • Clover: Clover_v2.4k_r4097

Right now, its running on 1280x1024 resolution on the built-in graphics. Working on getting the GTX 1080 working now.

LAN, audio, and USB Wifi are all down right now. Will be reading through this thread to see what all is available.

Let me know if there's anything I can post or share to help get the other features working! Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hi!

Hey @MaLd0n!

Big thanks for posting a working CLOVER config folder. Using the package you shared in the first post, I was able to install macOS Sierra 10.12.5.

Setup:

• Motherboard: MSI Z270 PC MATE
  • CPU: Intel I7-7700K
  • GPU: HD 630 (temporarily), will be NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Asus Turbo once I get it working
  • Clover: Clover_v2.4k_r4097

Right now, its running on 1280x1024 resolution on the built-in graphics. Working on getting the GTX 1080 working now.

LAN, audio, and USB Wifi are all down right now. Will be reading through this thread to see what all is available.

Let me know if there's anything I can post or share to help get the other features working! Thanks again!

Hi! Welcome!

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

u have a pascal installed now?
  • Like 1

Hi!

Hi! Welcome!

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

u have a pascal installed now?

Awesome! I'll run those scripts now.

Right now, I still have the HD630 for graphics, using the "CLOVER POST INSTALLATION.zip" that you provided in post #1.

Will report back soon.

• Like 1

Here you go! Attached are the files requested. This is with the GTX 1080 installed and nv_disable=1 flag.

Edit. Found this handy link for the Pascal drivers for 10.12.5. Graphics are working! http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-05152017/

put ur pascal, boot with nv_disable=1 and send me files

Awesome! I'll run those scripts now.

Right now, I still have the HD630 for graphics, using the "CLOVER POST INSTALLATION.zip" that you provided in post #1.

Will report back soon.

CLOVER.zip

Send me Right Click Design iMac.zip

IORegistryDump.zip

• Like 1

-Replace full folder

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

-Install WebDrivers 10.12.5

https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01.pkg

-Reboot

send me new ioreg after reboot

MaLd0n you rock! Thank you for all your help.

Network (LAN), audio, GPU - all working!

Now off to get Bluetooth and Wifi dongles going. 

@MaLd0n huge thanks to you! https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3236156

I really appreciate your help here today. 0 to 95% in 6 hours. Awesome!

IORegistryDump2.zip

Send me Right Click Design iMac v2.zip

• Like 1

what model?

It's a nondescript, white "AC600" dongle. In Windows, it shows up as Realtek. I found these drivers: http://www.edimax.us/html/english/frames/b-download.htm

Direct link: http://www.edimax.us/download/drivers/MAC/Sierra/EW-7811UTC_Mac_Driver_1.0.1.7.zip

Installed and working! One caveat, it adds a new "Wireless Utility" icon to the menu bar. Looks like Wireless management is outside of the standard System Preferences Network Tab. If you know of a better way, let me know!

Ioreg is good!

Awesome!  Thanks again!

Ohhh

i7 7700k is amazin'

I'm super pumped! This is going to be an awesome upgrade from my MBP 13" Retina 2015.
  • Like 1

It's a nondescript, white "AC600" dongle. In Windows, it shows up as Realtek. I found these drivers: http://www.edimax.us/html/english/frames/b-download.htm

Direct link: http://www.edimax.us/download/drivers/MAC/Sierra/EW-7811UTC_Mac_Driver_1.0.1.7.zip

Installed and working! One caveat, it adds a new "Wireless Utility" icon to the menu bar. Looks like Wireless management is outside of the standard System Preferences Network Tab. If you know of a better way, let me know!

If work is ok

This card dont work "airport"

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, its me again.. So, i managed to install the system, everything working fine. But i dont have brightness control or battery.. i patched the DSDT with a RehabMan repository patch for Asus vivobook, it worked fine.. got battery working, but sometimes it boot... sometimes just kernel panic.. i cant figure it what happens, it is very strange to the dsdt that i put, work only sometimes. I tried the patched one that you sent me, but he always panics. If you could patch mine for me with asus vivobook rehab patch, i would appreciate it. When i try, i get some errors compiling, and i dont have much knowledge in maciasl, so i cant figure out what should i do. Heres my Clover: 

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, its me again.. So, i managed to install the system, everything working fine. But i dont have brightness control or battery.. i patched the DSDT with a RehabMan repository patch for Asus vivobook, it worked fine.. got battery working, but sometimes it boot... sometimes just kernel panic.. i cant figure it what happens, it is very strange to the dsdt that i put, work only sometimes. I tried the patched one that you sent me, but he always panics. If you could patch mine for me with asus vivobook rehab patch, i would appreciate it. When i try, i get some errors compiling, and i dont have much knowledge in maciasl, so i cant figure out what should i do. Heres my Clover: 

post photo with error

Thanks! Its working.. but, still no battery. The thing is, battery only works with Rehab patch, and since the patch give compilation errors, that i have no idea how to fix.. i cant get battery to work anymore

Im trying to use this one: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master/battery/battery_ASUS-N55SL.txt