[GUIDE] Dell XPS 15 (9550) Mojave 10.14 / 10.15 Quick Installation

Krim404

1,806 posts in this topic

OSX 10.12.5 works without any problem on the FHD version. So: happy upgrading.

be aware: the UHD patch Kexts are malfunctioning (LILU) remove them before and do the old patch by hand, otherwise youll get a kernel panic.

because the OSXAPTIOv2 makes booting from a boot stick very hard and recovery doesnt work for everyone, you'll have to boot in single user moder (Flag -s) to fix this.

EDIT:

In case you cannot boot with slide=168 or 170:

https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/master/Additional/slide_calc.md

Is the slide change necessary if you have a 4K display or is that only relevant to the latest bios? (I'm still on older bios)

What is the "old patch by hand" for making 10.12.5 work with the 4K screens? 

Thanks in advance. I want to be sure I have everything in order before I update to 10.12.5 on my 4K XPS.

I bought a 9550 4K edition recently and I found out that it has the killer wifi card with Bluetooth, is there any special or specific card you can recommend that has works without a problem? Bluetooth with it as well? Thanks in advance

Did not work for me, had to use a slide value of either 196 or 198

My computer has 32gb RAM, if that has anything to do with it

I have however noticed that it now stays longer on the +++++++++++++++ signs than before.

I am guessing that slide with as low value as possible is preferred?

So, I've figured out some more things.

Slide 170 works for me when I am portable, with no cables or anything attached.

Slide 196-198 works for me when I am docked with HDMI cable inserted.

How should I go about finding a slide value that works for both conditions?

Hello,

can you also please provie to me the correct Slide Value? I couldn't get it through the tutorial mentioned in GIT because I don't know which value I should set in where the Word TARGET stands. I have attached an Screen of my Memmap. Thank you.

post-1340195-0-90152600-1495727080_thumb.jpeg

Hello for everybody. I am trying to produce kext driver for SD reader. First of all - great thanks for sources to Sinetek. I modified Sinetek kext completely, so it can be work only with 0x525a 0x10ec card reader. This version is not stable and under construction stage. Unfortunately on my installed OS I cann`t see debugging process from Console.app, I have only message : "ASL Module "com.apple.AccountPolicyHelper" claims selected messages. Those messages may not appear in standard system log files or in the ASL database." for all kext and ACPI process. 

Can somebody check this kext (install in S/L/E) on own laptop and send me back reports from console module about this kext?

SD_RTS525a_mod_S.kext.zip

• Like 3

Hello for everybody. I am trying to produce kext driver for SD reader. First great thank you for sources to Sinetek. I modified Sinetek kext completely, so it can be work only with 0x525a 0x10ec card reader. This version is not stable and under construction stage. Unfortunately on my installed OS I cann`t see debugging process from Console.app, I have only message : "ASL Module "com.apple.AccountPolicyHelper" claims selected messages. Those messages may not appear in standard system log files or in the ASL database." for all kext and ACPI process. 

Can somebody check this kext (install in S/L/E) on own laptop and send me back reports from console module about this kext?

Could you post your source on github? If i will be lucky to find some free time - maybe i'll look and help.

• Like 2

Alright, I ordered my WiFi Card(DW1830) last night, it should be in by Wednesday(although it should've been Saturday but Amazon couldn't make up whether it was going to ship two days or five days when I selected 2 days :\).

Anyways, I look forward to the "adventures" I'll be having with this laptop starting whenever the part comes.

Hello for everybody. I am trying to produce kext driver for SD reader. First great thank you for sources to Sinetek. I modified Sinetek kext completely, so it can be work only with 0x525a 0x10ec card reader. This version is not stable and under construction stage. Unfortunately on my installed OS I cann`t see debugging process from Console.app, I have only message : "ASL Module "com.apple.AccountPolicyHelper" claims selected messages. Those messages may not appear in standard system log files or in the ASL database." for all kext and ACPI process.

It doesnt work on my xps15 9550.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Hi everybody, 

what would be the correct way to completely remove windows 10 from a dual boot setup (one ssd, two partitions) with macOS (10.12.2) ?

My dual boot setup is working just fine, but i have no use for windows anymore, because of this great guide. 

I suppose (but want to make sure):

1. Erase Windows 10 NTFS partition from osx; reformat with HFS+

2. Modify clover bootloader: deleting obsolete entries (ex.: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308637-how-to-remove-extra-clover-bios-boot-entries-prevent-further-problems/)

Is this correct? Any additional tips?

Thank you!      

https://github.com/sinetek/Sinetek-rtsx

This is the sourcecode and you can change the id and try to add PCIE Devices prop to make it visible on systeminfo.

I know about Sinetek source. But i was asking for serg sources. There are two different kind of Realtek pcie card readers. And our is different than Sinetek has implemented. You can see this from Linux sources.

• Like 2

Could you post your source on github? If i will be lucky to find some free time - maybe i'll look and help.

Good day. I created repo https://github.com/serg992313/Dell-XPS-9550.git for SD reader source.

I used new method for Dell 9550, may be it is not easy way, but last time my OS loaded with  a lot of errors with additional SSDT`s, due to this situation I created patches for required DSDT/SSDT`s. For normal operation without any errors need only pached DSDT and SSDT-0, SSDT-5, SSDT-7, SSDT-16, SSDT-17, SSDT-18 with dropping  all OEM SSDT without all patches from ACPI section in config.plist. Everything is working perfect on my laptop now, except SD reader (under construction). All these patches were checked only with my i7-6700 version Dell, but can be accept to any kind of BIOS version.

All these patches were checked only with my i7-6700 version Dell, but can be accept to any kind of BIOS version.

Patched DSDT and SSDT are ALWAYS (!!!) Notebook specific. These are of absolute no value for other users (except looking what you did there)

Patched DSDT and SSDT are ALWAYS (!!!) Notebook specific. These are of absolute no value for other users (except looking what you did there)

You are right, patched DSDT/SSDT are specific for any laptop, but I made patches for MaciASL, which can be be apply for original DSDT/SSDT from user laptop and MaciASL will check if it different, skip patch. In any way all my patches only for compare some parameter/ or get info for other users if it need.

I have read if you have no Output on HDMI with SMBIOS 13.3 you can use the NvidiaGraphicsFixup Kext to make it work without modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy Kext. I have successfully test it on my Laptop and HDMI Audio is also there.

For device ID 8086 a171, it injects 8086 0xa170. It needs to inject 0x9d70. Unfortunately, it probably will not work with your repo--there's way too much conflicting stuff there. I'm going to put up what I have, as I've said before, when I'm finished. All that remains is

1) Someone getting back to me about lid wake (I don't like having to press a button on the keyboard to re-enable the display)

2) Thunderbolt. NHI already shows up, we just need to get it enumerating devices

And then, unless anyone actually figures out the whole NVMe corruption thing (e.g., why is my sleepimage 10GB of ZEROES??? and I'm using the 4k sector patch. Also, next person who says it's due to HWP gets hit with a hammer.) this laptop will basically be a Mac. And Apple hasn't even released Kaby Lake Macs yet. :P

EDIT: Err... Forgot that the SD Card reader doesn't work. Once an actual working driver for 10EC 525A comes out, then it'll basically be a Mac with a 4K touchscreen and 100% AdobeRGB.

• Like 1