[GUIDE] Dell XPS 15 (9550) Mojave 10.14 / 10.15 Quick Installation

Krim404

1,806 posts in this topic

Before you boot

you have to remove any trace from the HackrNVMe patch from your installation drive (and obviously also from the productive used one)! With the patch enabled it will not recognize your drive anymore! Delete if exist:

• SSDT-Hackr.aml from EFI/ACPI/patched
  • hackrnvmefamily kext
  • hotpatches inside your config.plist (IONVMeFamily Patch#N)
And you have to change from ride mode to ahci if you haven't done it yet.

And you have to change from ride mode to ahci if you haven't done it yet.

I did that part on my USB stick but I don't really understand what to do for my SSD. 

And yes, I also turned on AHCI instead of RAID.

What kind of the SSD do you have? I don't know if the Hynix SSD (Someone with this SSD have to confirm this) still might need some patches. Samsung's SSDs are not compatible with 4K patch/4k low-level formatting.

What kind of the SSD do you have? I don't know if the Hynix SSD (Someone with this SSD have to confirm this) still might need some patches. Samsung's SSDs are not compatible with 4K patch/4k low-level formatting.

I have a Toshiba 512GO, so it should be compatible.

I guess it worked because I got no error applying the patch on Ubuntu.

My problem is that I don't see my SSD on Disk Utility or typing "diskutil list" in my terminal when installing macOS but I can still see/mount it on Ubuntu live. :/

two posibilities: wrong configured usb stick or malfunctioning installation device.

Probably coming from the usb stick.

After applying the 4k patch and erasing the necessary files, I can still boot the installer with the regular "config.plist" but when I rename the 4kconfig.plist to config.plist. I still can boot to the clover menu but not longer to the installer.

And where in BIOS should I find this option?  <<"DEP" (data execution prevention) should be enabled for OS X >>

So maybe i did something wrong.

Report Change OSXAptioDrv-64.efi to OSXAptioDrv2-64.efi + slide=168 can boot into osx with no error.

And  i have found a big change in menmap.

Here are the picture.

Left is 1.2.25 and Right is 1.2.21 you can compare the difference.

attachicon.gifE5D6174CBAFAF9239FDB33D2B7D464A4.jpg

So i found some slide number and test sometimes and found slide=168 or slide=170 can boot osx perfect.

attachicon.gifF4447DD79D81BE4F02E1E0BBF12F6021.jpg

And now we can use v2 instead of v1 just replace v2 and add slide=168 or 170.

Good Luck.

If someone have more ideal you can replay later.

Did not work for me, had to use a slide value of either 196 or 198

My computer has 32gb RAM, if that has anything to do with it

I have however noticed that it now stays longer on the +++++++++++++++ signs than before.

I am guessing that slide with as low value as possible is preferred?

OSX 10.12.5 works without any problem on the FHD version. So: happy upgrading.

be aware: the UHD patch Kexts are malfunctioning (LILU) remove them before and do the old patch by hand, otherwise youll get a kernel panic.

because the OSXAPTIOv2 makes booting from a boot stick very hard and recovery doesnt work for everyone, you'll have to boot in single user moder (Flag -s) to fix this.

EDIT:

In case you cannot boot with slide=168 or 170:

https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/master/Additional/slide_calc.md

• Like 3

OSX 10.12.5 works without any problem on the FHD version. So: happy upgrading.

be aware: the UHD patch Kexts are malfunctioning (LILU) remove them before and do the old patch by hand, otherwise youll get a kernel panic.

because the OSXAPTIOv2 makes booting from a boot stick very hard and recovery doesnt work for everyone, you'll have to boot in single user moder (Flag -s) to fix this.

EDIT:

In case you cannot boot with slide=168 or 170:

https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/master/Additional/slide_calc.md

thanks for this tutorial!

but i have to say, that i have no idea how to calculate the slide value :(

how to find out which block has enough pages? and how to exactly enter it in the calculator?

could you plz help me calculating my score with a little step by step tutorial (so i can understand it - for dummys :/)

thanks in advance!

post-38688-0-11789000-1495036823_thumb.jpg

post-38688-0-14282700-1495036904_thumb.jpg

try 256 or 160

thank you very much! worked first try (with 256).

but i have to ask you again for a calculation :/ i have changed the wifi card (had intel installed - switched to original broadcom) and now the values are not working anymore.

would you plz calculate my values one more time?

thx in advance!!

post-38688-0-98753000-1495048930_thumb.jpg

thank you very much! worked first try (with 256).

but i have to ask you again for a calculation :/ i have changed the wifi card (had intel installed - switched to original broadcom) and now the values are not working anymore.

would you plz calculate my values one more time?

thx in advance!!

normally the memmap doesnt change when you swap the card. so i assume there is another bug. do you try to boot to rescue mode (aka: installation)

I have the problem with brightness adjusting by keys after upgrading to 10.12.5 from 10.12.3. System stuck completely, even mouse pointer is not working. Does somebody have the same problem?

thats a joke, right? read this thread. This question came up at least 5 times.

normally the memmap doesnt change when you swap the card. so i assume there is another bug. do you try to boot to rescue mode (aka: installation)

Actually, any changes in devices connected to PCI lines will give you changed memmap. PCI is using reserved regions in RAM for storing infos, and this is allocated depending on PCI devices configuration. So when you have some device set - it will be same every boot. But as you will change something (additional device, or wifi changed to different model/vendor) - it will change your memory allocation regions.

Actually, any changes in devices connected to PCI lines will give you changed memmap. PCI is using reserved regions in RAM for storing infos, and this is allocated depending on PCI devices configuration. So when you have some device set - it will be same every boot. But as you will change something (additional device, or wifi changed to different model/vendor) - it will change your memory allocation regions.

I've compared the 2 memmaps and there is a small difference in pages (I've attached an image)

Could this be the problem why the old slide value does'nt work?

post-38688-0-61222500-1495099310_thumb.jpg

Any idea to mod the osxaptiofixv2drv to solve this because this driver is too old and the author is missing many years ago.

I have test osxaptiofree2000 and works and this drive is made by a chinese and i chat with him.he tell me he merged the osxaptiofixv2drv and lowmemoryfix code.

And i found the slide calculate is not very accurate.sometimes boot but sometimes fail.

I have post a lot in clover's page and slice looked my post but have no suggestion because slice also dont know how this driver works.

PS:Nvram.

I heard some skl pc can use native nvram in some bios version but i dont know more detail.i will look into this phenomenon.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Any idea to mod the osxaptiofixv2drv to solve this because this driver is too old and the author is missing many years ago.

I have test osxaptiofree2000 and works and this drive is made by a chinese and i chat with him.he tell me he merged the osxaptiofixv2drv and lowmemoryfix code.

And i found the slide calculate is not very accurate.sometimes boot but sometimes fail.

I have post a lot in clover's page and slice looked my post but have no suggestion because slice also dont know how this driver works.

PS:Nvram.

I heard some skl pc can use native nvram in some bios version but i dont know more detail.i will look into this phenomenon.

Do you have sources of "osxaptiofree2000". I can look on it if i will find some spare time (really big issues this days). I made a lot of experiments on aptiofixes and have some knowledge how they are working

And yes, original author is missing for years. Nobody knows where is dmazar and how to find him (he was member of ProjectOSX, and since this site gone - nobody have seen dmazar)

• Like 1

Do you have sources of "osxaptiofree2000". I can look on it if i will find some spare time (really big issues this days). I made a lot of experiments on aptiofixes and have some knowledge how they are working

And yes, original author is missing for years. Nobody knows where is dmazar and how to find him (he was member of ProjectOSX, and since this site gone - nobody have seen dmazar)

I dont get source code yet

I will try to chat to him or i can give you his email you can chat to him use Chinese?or English?

h4x3rotab@gmail.com

• Like 1

are you sure? i thought the wifi will reserve the same pages in the memory, regardless of the used chip. Was pretty sure this only changes if you add or remove, not swap against an identical device type. Everyday i'm learning new things :-)

• Like 2

thats a joke, right? read this thread. This question came up at least 5 times.

O, I didn`t read before  :blush: . Presently I am trying to add supporting for our SD reader to Sinitek`s Driver from Linux source, but still without positive results.