HELP TOPIC - [AMD] macOS Sierra AMD CPU (10.12.x)

spakk

470 posts in this topic

Sierra is currently not working with your CPU, because of missing sse4 instructions

Wait, you mean 10.12 ditched SSE3 and 4 to 4.1 and newer?

Btw where do you enter RAM information because in "About This Mac" it shows something like "8 GB ???"

Hello,

Does anyone know what is the problem with the message that I am having using the kernel? Or maybe is not the correct one... I am using the Shaneee´s Kernel 10.12 RC... and I am using the Shanteee's USB Fix. The same result I have using the USB Fix from El Capitan.

Does my problem come with the kernel that I am using with Sierra (build 16A323)? Which one I have to use to enter into the installation?

I attach the image...

post-2002146-0-72982700-1488719916_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Does anyone know what is the problem with the message that I am having using the kernel? Or maybe is not the correct one... I am using the Shaneee´s Kernel 10.12 RC... and I am using the Shanteee's USB Fix. The same result I have using the USB Fix from El Capitan.

Does my problem come with the kernel that I am using with Sierra (build 16A323)? Which one I have to use to enter into the installation?

I attach the image...

What a CPU do you have? Best write your hardware specification directly into your signature

edit:_

It seems so that they have an older amd cpu without sse4.1 ?

...if this is the case, then you should first install El Capitan 10.11.6 and be patient, as long as until built some one a running kernel for older amd cpus

• Like 1

What a CPU do you have? Best write your hardware specification directly into your signature

edit:_

It seems so that they have an older amd cpu without sse4.1 ?

...if this is the case, then you should first install El Capitan 10.11.6 and be patient, as long as until built some one a running kernel for older amd cpus

Thank you Spakk for the information and help!! Very soon I will have at home my other PC which is AMD FX-8350 with the same motherboard, so it will be possible to have Sierra. I will write the specs in my signature if I remember how to do it!!!  :hysterical:

Hey i have sierra installed with clover bootloader and i need a way to get audio to work. I dont have a sound card i only have onboard audio which is Realtek ALC892 on a asus m5a99fx pro r2 but i dont know how to enable it

for audio you need VoodooHDA.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 or in /S/L/E/ (latest version here https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/)

Can you share information about used kexts, dsdt fixes and config in clover?

I have permanent problems with clover (boot stucks on error timeout AppleACPICPU).

Hey i have sierra installed with clover bootloader and i need a way to get audio to work. I dont have a sound card i only have onboard audio which is Realtek ALC892 on a asus m5a99fx pro r2 but i dont know how to enable it

Try with Clover AppleALC/Resources/ALC892https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/tree/master/Resources/ALC892 Layout-ID and FixHDA in config.plist

Hello at all!

- can you test Illustrator 2017 with shaneee kernel and 10.12.3? I have a KP.

- can you test red eye function in Photos? I have a KP.

Thank you.

Hello at all!

Thank you.

Illustrator 2017 - crash without KP

Photos red eye function - crash without KP

Kernel - Shaneee RC

Illustrator 2017 - crash without KP

Photos red eye function - crash without KP

Kernel - Shaneee RC

Thank you.

From the report it seems kernel fault, maybe I'm wrong. Can we understand why the apps do not work?

Hello at all!

Thank you.

What's the KP?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

for audio you need VoodooHDA.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 or in /S/L/E/ (latest version here https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/)

Can you share information about used kexts, dsdt fixes and config in clover?

I have permanent problems with clover (boot stucks on error timeout AppleACPICPU).

I used this tutorial

and his config.plist this is what i did that he didnt show in the video(note: use nv_disable=1 i dont because i have nvidia drivers installed):

dY4MJ9V.pngfixtoTz.png

Try with Clover AppleALC/Resources/ALC892https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/tree/master/Resources/ALC892 Layout-ID and FixHDA in config.plist

Yeah i have no idea what thats supposed to mean.

• Like 1

I figured out what you meant. But AppleALC doesnt support amd and it didnt do a thing.

And sure voodooHDA does kinda work. Well "work" in the way that itll make your ears bleed and strain to hear anything because its so quiet and overshadowed by the high pitched ringing

I figured out what you meant. But AppleALC doesnt support amd and it didnt do a thing.

And sure voodooHDA does kinda work. Well "work" in the way that itll make your ears bleed and strain to hear anything because its so quiet and overshadowed by the high pitched ringing

for correct work you need to use VoodooHDA prefpane and edit Info.plist

ringing can be fixed by disabling input monitoring

quietness can be fixed by adjusting gain

I can't find VoodooHDA topic on this forum, only on russian applelife.ru

You can try to translate topic below to your language

https://applelife.ru/threads/delaem-zvuk-na-osnove-voodoohda.18413/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i testing actually to get Sierra (build 16A323) working with my specs

AMD 8350FX

Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2.0

i try the Shaneee USB Fix, but with that only my Keyboard is working on installation and after successful install, no mouse support only keyboard works...

so i have no mouse, can anyone help me ?

i boot with following commands,

-v UseKernelCache=No nv_disable=1
SMBIOS.plist is MacPro5,1

Bootloader is Chameleon

which i can change that my mouse is probably working ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small question about usb fix for Sierra.

Can somebody patch USB Fix kexts for removing CheckSleepCapability check and upload here for test? I tried to create the patch with disassembling binaries, but failed.

I have a small question about usb fix for Sierra.

Can somebody patch USB Fix kexts for removing CheckSleepCapability check and upload here for test? I tried to create the patch with disassembling binaries, but failed.

I think you can fix this loop error with a DSDT patch, It's a try worth fixing that problem

Read here, maybe it can help you:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/155345-usb-sleep-then-wake-device-removal-problem/page-3

I think my topic about EHCI/USB errors i related with @Shaneee's kernel, so I will just leave the link here, if you let me.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321707-infinite-count-of-ehci-errors-on-boot-then-%C3%B8-no-sign/

Write the hardware specs in your signature...

..If you are trying to use the USB-FIX-V3 for El Capitan, then you should pay attention to the info file, as you have to remove some system drivers before you insert the contents of the package

Hello, i testing actually to get Sierra (build 16A323) working with my specs

AMD 8350FX

Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2.0

i try the Shaneee USB Fix, but with that only my Keyboard is working on installation and after successful install, no mouse support only keyboard works...

so i have no mouse, can anyone help me ?

i boot with following commands,

-v UseKernelCache=No nv_disable=1
SMBIOS.plist is MacPro5,1

Bootloader is Chameleon

which i can change that my mouse is probably working ?

Make a clone from their Sierra partition (only as a security!)

Then look for the USB-FIX-V3_for_El_Capitan (see above under download), read the info file very closely in the detail.

Before you install the contents of the package, you must delete a few system drivers.

and finally you need to generate the prelinkedkernel

If you have found the USB-FIX-V3 for El Capitan, then you will find a link for a drivers for your mainboard it is helpful to support mouse and keyboard

Edited by spakk

• 2 weeks later...

hello

i been reading all this post and searching and i cant find a kernel that loads on the installer usb

just get a "pthread kernel extension not loaded (function table is NULL) with all kernels

pandora box wont load the helper tool on el captain no matter what i do  used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to build the usb pen

and the version i have is from yesterday so 10.12.4 ...

any help would be great 

thanks

hello

i been reading all this post and searching and i cant find a kernel that loads on the installer usb

just get a "pthread kernel extension not loaded (function table is NULL) with all kernels

pandora box wont load the helper tool on el captain no matter what i do  used ##### to build the usb pen

and the version i have is from yesterday so 10.12.4 ...

any help would be great 

thanks

For 10.12.4 get Shaneee's 10.12.4_test kernel (Post#598:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-amd-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-30)

For 10.12GM get Bronya's kernel.(Post#177:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-amd-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-9)

post-1476471-0-25241800-1492401942_thumb.jpg

For some odd reason, My and fx 8320 does not want to boot into the installer. I just receive a loop of this using the first test kernel and second kernel.

Edit by spakk:

I have moved the message to here because your question can only be answered here.
please write your full hardware spec in their signature, so someone can help them.

probably is not the appropriate kernel in use

Edited by spakk
moved message

Haf, Athlon/Phenom are very old cpu, use cpu fx and apu ssse3

My kabini 5350 uefi bios work very good avec Clover UEFi with El Capitan :)

hello ! i have an AM1 AMD 5350 processor, and motherboad Asrock AM1B-M (UEFI BIOS), do you think it could run El Capitan? i will get a cheap GPU Nvidia 210 card. to test osx with this amd.