HELP TOPIC - [AMD] macOS Sierra AMD CPU (10.12.x)

spakk

470 posts in this topic

Just tested and i'm having the same problem with my rtl8169 card, network connects but when i'm trying to access my windows pc system freezes and restarts.

This is not hardware problem.  "ssh 127.0.0.1" freezes the system too. Too bad cannot see any log message.

sFTP works fine btw, both winscp and my android phone can access my Sierra files without any problem,maybe it's ssh or samba problem, i know that Microsoft updated their samba last march but i didn't had any problem with el capitan.

tested on Intel hackintosh 10.12.2 ssh works without any freezing or restart.Maybe kernel,System.kext or frameworks i'm using all from Bronya's package.

Edited by steparab
  • Like 1

sFTP works fine btw, both winscp and my android phone can access my Sierra files without any problem,maybe it's ssh or samba problem, i know that Microsoft updated their samba last march but i didn't had any problem with el capitan.

tested on Intel hackintosh 10.12.2 ssh works without any freezing or restart.Maybe kernel,System.kext or frameworks i'm using all from Bronya's package.

Shaneee told me to replace   AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib.kext  with El Capitan one.  I have not get a chance to try it.

Thanks for the effort.  I asked here, people told me it was fine on Intel.  If you know how to use dtrace (I need to learn), should be able to find out where it hangs.

Since it's working on Intel it's CPU/Kernel issue, if you manage to dtrace the exception you have to fix this on the kernel (if it's fixable because we are using patched kernels for amd ;) ) .Wait for new sources to be released and new kernels or you can experiment with vanilla kexts/frameworks or older versions of apple ssh maybe you 'll get lucky. 

Since it's working on Intel it's CPU/Kernel issue, if you manage to dtrace the exception you have to fix this on the kernel (if it's fixable because we are using patched kernels for amd ;) ) .Wait for new sources to be released and new kernels or you can experiment with vanilla kexts/frameworks or older versions of apple ssh maybe you 'll get lucky. 

You could try one more thing -- boot intel cpu with amd kernel.  If the system comes up, try ssh.

It won't make any difference,it's either the kernel or the cpu that causing the problem, so if it won't work on intel with amd kernel we need new kernel patch(es) , if it work we need again new kernel patches to fix the problem on amd cpus --->New kernel.  

Anyway i used a friends pc to test ssh on intel, i don't have one, but i may convince him to test what you suggest.

• Like 1

my pc with 10.12 work very well.

Installed 10.12.2 with shane kernel kernel:

IMG_20170115_122120.png

with bronya kernel same result.
In boot I have much more message like picture but the system start and I reach desktop. I can use the pc normally only for some minutes because later it restart automatically.

my pc with 10.12 work very well.

Installed 10.12.2 with shane kernel kernel:

IMG_20170115_122120.png

with bronya kernel same result.
In boot I have much more message like picture but the system start and I reach desktop. I can use the pc normally only for some minutes because later it restart automatically.

First of all, install the System.kext which is located in the kernel package, then build a new prelinked kernel and fix the permission. then restart the system and tell us what happens then.

nobody can help me? im stuck at this point

ok so i work, ahem yes and no , i can entrer on welcome screen but my mouse and my keyboard not responding , but if a touch my mouse i have this message "AMFI: allowing exception handler for "WindowServer" (122) because SIP is disabled." any idea?

nobody can help me? im stuck at this point

USB problem,apple uses new usb policies since 10.11 search this forums for fixes according to your hardware (drivers) or try every usb port you have for a working mouse (That will help you to finish installation but in the end you 'll have to fix usb ports by yourself either by using smbios+drivers or DSDT)

It won't make any difference,it's either the kernel or the cpu that causing the problem, so if it won't work on intel with amd kernel we need new kernel patch(es) , if it work we need again new kernel patches to fix the problem on amd cpus --->New kernel.  

Anyway i used a friends pc to test ssh on intel, i don't have one, but i may convince him to test what you suggest.

Solid freeze when I click "security and privacy" in "system preferences"

First of all, install the System.kext which is located in the kernel package, then build a new prelinked kernel and fix the permission. then restart the system and tell us what happens then.

How I can rebuild prelink kernel, with this comands?:

kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

kextcache -system-cache

How I can rebuild prelink kernel, with this comands?:

kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

kextcache -system-cache

kernelprelink is a launchd task, it is done automatically, unless you change it.

delele old cache, it will be rebult too.

Hello, Friends!

I need some help.
I`m trying to install 10.12.2 on my AMD FX9590 with GTX970.
Have used kernels from Bronya and Shaneee, both works great.
Had KP on account creation page, but Shaneee`s corecrypto.kext fixed the problem.
What I have up to now:
OS loading takes ages, about 15 minutes....
I thought that it`s because of video driver, but after installation of nvidia web driver nothing changed...

I can change setting of nvidia web driver from "OS X Default Graphics Driver" to "NVIDIA Web Driver", but after reboot it turns back...

20170119_224726.jpg

And every reboot lasts 10-15 minutes....

What can cause this problems?

Thanks in advance!

Cleaned up a bit. If this one still works I'll add it to the working kernels page etc. Also guys no need to remove AppleTyMCEDriver or pmtelemtry any more as they are blacklisted in the kernel.

http://amd-osx.com/files/beta/Shaneee_Sierra_10.12.2.zip

Edit: Any reports?

i still have kernel missing symbol, i have to remove AppleTyMCEDriver or pmtelemetry  and missing symbol disappear. somebug like missing icon in kext wizard and green glitch when i click energy saver icon. btw thanks shanee gj with ur kernel  :thumbsup_anim: