HELP TOPIC - [AMD] macOS Sierra AMD CPU (10.12.x)

spakk

470 posts in this topic

I have problem with 10.12 (try 10.12.1&10.12.2 with all Bronya and Shaneee kernels found in kernel testing).

What I've done:

1) make partition for Os X Install on my hdd

2) restore 5.hfs (10.12.2) or basesystem.dmg + packages with pandora box (10.12.1)

3) place kernel to /S/L/Kernels and fix permissions

4) install every variants usb fix kexts via Kext wizard and fix permissions/rebuild caches

5) place additional kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12

6) boot with clover with mac pro 5,1 and iMac 13,1 macmodel in smbios and different USB settings (usb_fix yes/no in dsdt and usb injection and add clock id in devices)

on boot I have permanent language  chooser crash...

Can somebody help me?

config is

fx-8320+gigabyte ga-970a-ud3p+geforce gtx670

Do I need to install USB fix or can patch DSDT and maybe some kexts with clover?

What mac model is optimal (at applelife.ru I found info, that with NVidia graphics I can use only iMac13,1 and 14,2 or need to patch graphics policy)?

I can install 10.11.6 with usbfix_v3 for el-capitan with spakk kernel but it has fx bug with graphics (Nvidia web driver don't fix it) and the bug makes el capitan useless for me.

Unfortunatly I have old q6600 on my intel hack and can't install sierra to usb disk there to restore installed system to my amd hack.

I have problem with 10.12 (try 10.12.1&10.12.2 with all Bronya and Shaneee kernels found in kernel testing).

What I've done:

1) make partition for Os X Install on my hdd

2) restore 5.hfs (10.12.2) or basesystem.dmg + packages with pandora box (10.12.1)

3) place kernel to /S/L/Kernels and fix permissions

4) install every variants usb fix kexts via Kext wizard and fix permissions/rebuild caches

5) place additional kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12

6) boot with clover with mac pro 5,1 and iMac 13,1 macmodel in smbios and different USB settings (usb_fix yes/no in dsdt and usb injection and add clock id in devices)

on boot I have permanent language  chooser crash...

Can somebody help me?

config is

fx-8320+gigabyte ga-970a-ud3p+geforce gtx670

Do I need to install USB fix or can patch DSDT and maybe some kexts with clover?

What mac model is optimal (at applelife.ru I found info, that with NVidia graphics I can use only iMac13,1 and 14,2 or need to patch graphics policy)?

I can install 10.11.6 with usbfix_v3 for el-capitan with spakk kernel but it has fx bug with graphics (Nvidia web driver don't fix it) and the bug makes el capitan useless for me.

Unfortunatly I have old q6600 on my intel hack and can't install sierra to usb disk there to restore installed system to my amd hack.

Rebuild the USB installer
then install the current FakeSMC.kext and NullpowerManagement.kext, if necessary use this content from this Extra folder.
Note that the folder contains an RTL8111 Ethernet driver!!, check this driver with your hardware specification.
then use the latest FX kernel from Shaneee!, replace the System.kext (can be found in the kernel package) in S/L/Extensions, otherwise leave all other system drivers unchanged in S/L/E!
Since all problematic drivers are listed in the blacklist, part of the kernel

then edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist for your hardware, as follows:

CsrActiveConfig
EthernetBuiltIn
Yes
GenerateCStates
Yes
GeneratePStates
Yes
Graphics Mode
1920x1080x32
GraphicsEnabler
Yesry using NO if it does not work
Kernel Flags
npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 dart=0ry using: -v npci=0x3000 usekernelcache=NO nv_disable=1
Timeout

optionally, you can test later this USB package:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-amd-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-24?p=2343507&do=findComment&comment=2343507

• Like 1

then use the latest FX kernel from Shaneee!, replace the System.kext (can be found in the kernel package) in S/L/Extensions, otherwise leave all other system drivers unchanged in S/L/E!

Since all problematic drivers are listed in the blacklist, part of the kernel

Thank you for the instruction. I'll try.

The only question is I don't see System.kext in packages 10.2.2 and 10.2.3_test from Shaneee in kernel testing topic.

I can take System.kext from Bronya 10.2.1 package.

Please, give me the link to the post, where is the correct package placed.

No problem then use the system.kext from bronya's kernel package.

This will also suppress the boot loops error, too.

Edit:

In addition, you can use bronya's kernel and system.kext, maybe then you have to remove the problematic extensions from S/L/E.

Because I do not know whether bronya has embedded all problematic extensions in blacklist. I know that shane has embedded all problematic extensions in the kernel. just try.

Got some missing symbols when the last kernel boots.

As described above, must use the system.kext from the kernel package so that the loops with missing symbols are suppressed.

I don't understand macOS Sierra problems.

10.2.2 (restore BaseSystem.dmg+Packages) + Shaneee kernel 10.2.3 + System.kext from Bronya kernel 10.2.1

Both variants Usb fix: v3 from El Capitan and carlo_67 sierra fix (installed from 10.8.5 or 10.10.5 with Kext Wizard plus repair permissions/rebuild caches)

Bootloader Enoch 2839 or Clover 3561 (with dsdt patches from 10.8.5 and 10.10.5 without USB patches)

Boot stucks image (can't attach google image here, posting the link)

http://https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Xm2D0k38Aub0adCNXAef29u2zJazQ7joyC3RfF7942IoPPyyW466hbUKg1cUYN5TTDsENIc5Q8Wo4cCHPOW1O2eVYiMqIUcm0_QTqTsNBk4xKK4uKQY8OQaETa1KUjL6kVccS1XdqeHB_-nYOnq7p32bo0FqOEt77i9dSf4ZUkaKvE36JsR_l-rjxpMNhLjUH03Uxl3D-qNBmfAyOFG38CvUgVuS2VbE6aOL_D7Kjkjj9_Fa0o6QS0yo4Ve4tKSG2Y_VQ6OPZKx5FS5Vw_vVotUv4dX0j2146u18OF-1FFb5nNNCnniHMR7h1Q2g9zfbwzbED8GkPvArM9DWAFwkKxMp6EC8aztEOq2-BTPgy8NVqHZ-k5Me44ulPu3GBpPVd0gumSYOnVdnwftdZtwCnDc7_1TjFhTWXHBoyqioz8YCa5OzYQ2Q4774LlF-vO8ajVmUfuhxH83GK8DEcO1q5CGxQnuugQk6vgUSRQht-KJXWLSL-6KULEawFQltwcWnGk-Ygs5cYcICda3VgDb4fnVQf_j4950f15mF_dpdxS923TT0FMb872ML-4jKEq2vmwwy7LKiMDoviVAthB4krL3eYd4EzNa3M6Lq9cFAybZeLf8He7TZ=w1600-no

I don't understand macOS Sierra problems.

10.2.2 (restore BaseSystem.dmg+Packages) + Shaneee kernel 10.2.3 + System.kext from Bronya kernel 10.2.1

Both variants Usb fix: v3 from El Capitan and carlo_67 sierra fix (installed from 10.8.5 or 10.10.5 with Kext Wizard plus repair permissions/rebuild caches)

Bootloader Enoch 2839 or Clover 3561 (with dsdt patches from 10.8.5 and 10.10.5 without USB patches)

Boot stucks image (can't attach google image here, posting the link)

http://https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Xm2D0k38Aub0adCNXAef29u2zJazQ7joyC3RfF7942IoPPyyW466hbUKg1cUYN5TTDsENIc5Q8Wo4cCHPOW1O2eVYiMqIUcm0_QTqTsNBk4xKK4uKQY8OQaETa1KUjL6kVccS1XdqeHB_-nYOnq7p32bo0FqOEt77i9dSf4ZUkaKvE36JsR_l-rjxpMNhLjUH03Uxl3D-qNBmfAyOFG38CvUgVuS2VbE6aOL_D7Kjkjj9_Fa0o6QS0yo4Ve4tKSG2Y_VQ6OPZKx5FS5Vw_vVotUv4dX0j2146u18OF-1FFb5nNNCnniHMR7h1Q2g9zfbwzbED8GkPvArM9DWAFwkKxMp6EC8aztEOq2-BTPgy8NVqHZ-k5Me44ulPu3GBpPVd0gumSYOnVdnwftdZtwCnDc7_1TjFhTWXHBoyqioz8YCa5OzYQ2Q4774LlF-vO8ajVmUfuhxH83GK8DEcO1q5CGxQnuugQk6vgUSRQht-KJXWLSL-6KULEawFQltwcWnGk-Ygs5cYcICda3VgDb4fnVQf_j4950f15mF_dpdxS923TT0FMb872ML-4jKEq2vmwwy7LKiMDoviVAthB4krL3eYd4EzNa3M6Lq9cFAybZeLf8He7TZ=w1600-no

What is this for a partition "disk18s1 alignment error", which makes boot problems?...If it is not the USB flash disk (Installer), then disconnect the HDD from your system and start again.
Otherwise test this kernel with the system.kext, see appendix

Kernel works well on my E1-2500 machine, just tested.

leave everything in original condition, that means make no changes in S/L/E,

up to excange the System.kext.

Edit: Apologies for this little mishap, it's the current xnu-3789.41.3 so kernel 10.12.3

10.12.2_SSEPlus-FX-Kernel.zip

10.12.3_SSEPus_older_CPUs-TEST.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is this for a partition "disk18s1 alignment error", which makes boot problems?...If it is not the USB flash disk (Installer), then disconnect the HDD from your system and start again.

Original /S/L/E/ (rollback all replaced by USB_Fix_v3 kexts)

with renamed to .bak kexts:

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

AppleTYMCEDriver.kext

pmtelemetry.kext

with replacement System.kext from your post

Kernel from your post

Kext Wizard rebuild caches and repair permissions

Enoch - AppleUSBEHCI errors Stop-Restart

Clover with USB_Fix in DSDT and injection/ownership/clock-id stucks (see attached image)

Looks like problem with System.kext replacement.

post-209630-0-98645000-1485445049_thumb.jpg

Use this "KCPM Utility Pro AMD.app" to generate the prelinked kernel and to renew the cache etc.... for more info, read here: https://www.firewolf.science/2015/10/kcpm-utility-pro-v5-0-installing-kexts-repairing-permissions-rebuilding-caches-configuring-sip-and-more/  (But it is very simple to use this tool and very useful)

KCPM Utility Pro AMD.app.7z

KCPM Utility Pro AMD.app.zip

KCPM Utility Pro AMD.app.rar

cannot be opened (Allow from Anywhere is selected)

Use the available downloads or navigate to the orign-link above

application KCPM Utility Pro does not support manipulations on installer/recovery partitions

That is correct what you have written. The other alternative is to install the Installer apps on a free partition by using Pacifist.app...So I've installed Sierra, recently....a good alternative that also works.

Few days before I tried to install with terminal command installer, but the installation was strange: duplication of all installed Applications and bootloader problems.

Thank you for the help and reminding about Pacifist.

Now I'm installing OsInstall.mpkg by Pacifist to the target partition. Hope it will work after it.

Installing OsInstall.mpkg by Pacifist is slow and result is not good: Clover don't see this partition, Enoch stucks...

Now I'm downloading image of preinstalled 10.12.3 (image of clean install before first system boot).

Edit: Apologies for this little mishap, it's the current xnu-3789.41.3 so kernel 10.12.3

Should maybe move it to the kernel testing page. Also here's a Test for the older kernel,

FUHoWmG.png

It's a good variant.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Hi, spakk:

Thanks for these two kernels which worked perfectly for FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.12.3(16D32).

Unfortunately both got KP after VM swap Subsystem is On....... for my Phenom II X6 1405T hackintosh !

• Like 1

Hi, spakk:

Thanks for these two kernels which worked perfectly for FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.12.3(16D32).

Unfortunately both got KP after VM Subsystem....... for my Phenom II X6 1405T hackintosh !

Thanks for the info, we all work tirelessly to make the kernel compatible with older amd CPUs. This will unfortunately take some time