FileVault 2

vit9696
496 posts in this topic

boot7-MCP79 is ordinary boot7 file but old version. This is the version that occasionally works on MCP79 motherboard. Something goes wrong in later revision and nobody debugs it.

I have no such platform so I decided just distribute those working revision and wait for new developer wanted to study the problem.

Ok, with the regular boot7 file  OhciDxe or EhciDxe I got an exception state in Clover, but with boot7-MCP79 EhciDxe worked, but OhciDxe would make my Keyboard no longer work in the Clover GUI.

I installed a PCI USB 1.1 card, and used boot7-MCP79 and OhciDxe.efi, and plugged KB and Mouse into the PCI Card, that worked for me.

Thanks for the help :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. I followed the guide and got filevault to work. 

Unfortunately when I boot with the created recovery partition my AMD grapichs card wont be recognized and results in a failed boot. Everything works fine when I activate and boot with the Intel graphics card. 

This is my first "hackintosh" installation so my knowledge of how MacOs work is basically zero, so any help would be much appreciated.  

i think the beta version comes without FV2 support. It will be added along the way towards the public release.

If the new APFS file system will mess up the way UsbKbDxe-64 works?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

i think the beta version comes without FV2 support. It will be added along the way towards the public release.

If the new APFS file system will mess up the way UsbKbDxe-64 works?

You can enable FV2 on apfs via terminal

fdesetup enable

https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2015/02/02/managing-yosemites-filevault-2-with-fdesetup/

It works, but extremely slow

slow in usage or slow in loading and decrypting at startup?

Slow in encrypting process and extremely dangerous. I lost all data after accidentally system reset

However FV2 works with APFS volume in 4089 Clover revision

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright, after a couple of weeks of hard work performed by: ath, Download-Fritz, slice and myself FileVault 2 should work everywhere now. Additionally thanks to iNDi for help and initial discovery of certain FV aspects.

This means that everybody gets some pros for this but mainly Clover.

Everything works in test mode for the time being, so you better wreck your disk drives and tell us how much fun it was :)Clover:

In brief you are required to install a set of drivers present at least in r3876. There are two driver categories, and each one will be addressed separately.

• UI drawing. The following is mandatory:

• FirmwareVolume.efi — or you will get a cursor creation error;
    • AppleImageCodec-64.efi — or you will get image decoding failures;
    • AppleEvent.efi — or you will get AppleEvent installation failures (r3877+ Clover built-in).
    Then you are recommended (read as blame yourself if not) to install:

• AppleUITheme-64.efi — fixes grey login screen background on 10.10+;
    • HashServiceFix-64.efi — will fix HDPI cursor in newer OS;
    • SMCHelper.efi — silences most of the SMC errors;
    • AppleGraphicsConfig-64.efi, OSInfo-64.efi — respond to a few requested protocols (r3877+ Clover built-in).
  • Password input. To do that you need a keyboard driver, which knows about Apple key aggregation protocol, and the protocol itself.

For key aggregation you may use Clover's AppleKeyAggregator.efi, it works more or less. If you have issues it might be better to use the original AppleKeyMapAggregator from Apple firmware.

There are two input drivers for the time being:

• Modified UsbKbDxe, a slightly altered version is present in Clover.Pros:

— works with any USB keyboard in any BIOS;

— offers completely functional Apple boot keys (CMD+V, 3+2, CMD+R, etc.);Cons:

— might require a physical keyboard reconnect after driver load with AMI UEFI BIOS;

— might lead to a complete freeze of the system with AMI UEFI BIOS.Recommendations:

It is recommended to use this driver from BIOS or via legacy clover boot. In this case you will have no issues with keyboard connection. To solve freezing issues you will need to rebuild UsbKbDxe with a forced controller disconnect at EXIT BS.

In case of Clover use:

./ebuild.sh -D EXIT_USBKB=1
      In case of the original driver see these PCDs. Both should be set to TRUE.

In case of Clover FixOwnership might help you, but I would not recommend this.

• AptioInputFix — my driver specific to AMI UEFI BIOS. Still in process of a rewrite and release. Download the testing binary version (updated Feb, 2nd).Pros:

— works without keyboard reconnect or driver flash with USB and PS/2 keyboards in AMI UEFI BIOS;

— fixes not working mouse input on Z87 and possibly newer;Cons:

— some multisymbol hotkeys will not work (e.g. 3+2, 6+4);

— key autorepeat might cause issues on some systems;

— mouse might work a bit slowly on some systems (better than nothing).Recommendations:

A lightweight solution that will mostly work well for some people. If it works for you and you have no desire to flash your BIOS, perhaps it is a good idea.

Troubleshooting:

• Hibernation is a no go for those having no hardware nvram and no StrictHibernate in clover config

No solutions for the time being and no solutions planned.

• Every reboot requests a password input

No solutions for the time being and no solutions planned. Without a hardware SMC module it is extremely dangerous.

• Shutdown button on login screen may cause a restart

No solutions for the time being.

• Password change/reset during the volume encryption might cause issues when logging in

Apple issue. Please refrain from changing or resetting the password before the encryption completes. In cases this is required use your generated recovery key to login into the system.

• Most of PS/2 keyboard users will not be able to enter the passwords

No general solutions (aside AptioInputFix).

Ozmosis:

For Ozmosis users only 4 drivers might be of some interest:

— AppleUITheme should fix the grey login screen background;

— AptioInputFix could be useful if you load Ozmosis from HDD/USB Flash;

— HashServiceFix and FirmwareVolume could help to fix the HDPI cursor.

Ok so if I want FileVault on my Asus Laptop with elantech keyboard and UEFI what efi driver should I use??

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Not sure where to start this topic. So...assuming it could be an issue with FV...I thought I would address it here.

With High Sierra, I can't update from one version to another (like for example from GM to Final release) if FV is enabled. The installation files don't seem to be copied (maybe the path is wrong...somewhere?) so when you reboot and want to start the installation, well, there is no starting point. No drive to select in Clover.

It does work perfectly fine if FV is disabled. So that's why I thought this might be an issue with FV.

Any ideas?

I'm having one minor issue with FV2 enabled. When I enter my password and the system starts booting, the progress bar is surrounded by the colours of my desktop background, but the rest of the screen is black/grey. Is there any way to make them the same (I don't mind which)?

Hi guys,

Not sure where to start this topic. So...assuming it could be an issue with FV...I thought I would address it here.

With High Sierra, I can't update from one version to another (like for example from GM to Final release) if FV is enabled. The installation files don't seem to be copied (maybe the path is wrong...somewhere?) so when you reboot and want to start the installation, well, there is no starting point. No drive to select in Clover.

It does work perfectly fine if FV is disabled. So that's why I thought this might be an issue with FV.

Any ideas?

This is mainly a Clover issue (not really a FV issue). Have you tried r4225?

This is mainly a Clover issue (not really a FV issue). Have you tried r4225?

No, I haven't tried that. I'm on the latest official 4220 right now. Is there anything new about this issue with build 4225? If so, do you happen to have an installer of it? If not, don't worry about it. I'll try to build it myself, or wait for the next official release. So don't worry about that.

Also, thanks for the info. I didn't know it's a Clover issue. :)

Update: Clover 4232, all fine. :) Thank you.

Clover 4233 - update from 10.11.6 FV2 to 10.13 doesn't work for me.

Same issue? You can't boot into installer? Do you have any custom entries? Maybe hidden entries? Anyway, since this is a Clover issue, maybe you should post it in the Clover section to get an accurate response and maybe a fix. :)