FileVault 2

vit9696
496 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2018 at 4:27 PM, Jief_Machak said:

Tried FakeSMC & VoodoBatterySMC from your signature, but got the same messages.

VoodoBatterySMC is now loading, so that's better.

Should I have something in my DSDT for these keys BBAD and BSIn ?

I forgot to implement these keys. You may add them manually into FakeSMC/Info.plist

Information here 

On 12/6/2018 at 1:15 PM, Jief_Machak said:

Is it possible to get rid of messages about failed png file ?

I don't know. May be look into FirmwareVolume sources and into EfiCalls.log by DumpUefiCalls.efi.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, sumiol said:

FV2 noob here:

Which of the drivers in Clover r4871 are needed for a Probook (non-AMI bios) to enable both ps/2 internal and usb wired keyboard? Or would there be conflicts?

Thank you for help.

Not a lot of alternative to check by yourself. May be only AptioInputFix, may be AppleKeyFeeder. May be plus UsbKbDxe.

As well other drivers to support FileVault2.

5 hours ago, Slice said:

Not a lot of alternative to check by yourself. May be only AptioInputFix, may be AppleKeyFeeder. May be plus UsbKbDxe.

As well other drivers to support FileVault2.

Thanks, that's reassuring (I was a bit intimidated by the "only one of ...", "remove ..." advices, and by some folks having had trouble getting back into their machine.)

Always test on a new partition ! Create a new partition on your hard drive, or on an external drive, install macOS and then encrypt.

It seems crazy to encrypt your main hard drive without having done any test to be sure it works.

You can also clone your current partition on an external hard drive and check you can boot it.

All I'm saying : be careful and test beforehand !

• 8 months later...

I'm having lots of trouble getting FV to work on my laptop.

It's an Asus ASUS GL502VT. It boots fine to OSX Mojave, but when I encrypt the drive and subsequently try to boot from the preboot partition, I get "Started LoginWindow Initialize", and the machine just sits there doing nothing. I've tried various efi files and am running the very latest Clover. Using Clover Configurator, I've installed all the drivers I think I need, but still get the "Started LoginWindow Initialize" message.

Going back over this discussion, bratwurstinhalator had the same issue but it seems to have been sorted via private message so I'm not sure what to do. I've attached a list of the drivers I have in my setup (it includes the latest AppleSupportPkg).

Any assistance is much appreciated. I think I must have encrypted/decrypted about 20 times now trying to get it working.

Tony.

2019-10-31 drivers64UEFI.jpg

startup.jpg

Edited by tonybod

The GTX970M is disabled on my machine (it's using the Intel graphics). The machine boots up and works fine, just cannot get past the "Start LoginWindow Initialize" when I've got FV enabled.

I'm still fairly new to this. Managed to get an old Sony laptop running years ago and tried this machine recently using a guide I found for the Asus GL552VW (almost identical hardware).

I'm finding it difficult to actually find much info on what any of the drivers do. Any info I find assumes that you already have a fair amount of background knowledge (and I've yet to see a beginners guide). This is why I'm struggling and asking for help.

Ok i would remove the following drivers from your folder

apfs.efi

apfs.efi.org

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi

AptioInputFix-64.efi

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

EmuVariableUefu-64.efi

FwRuntimeServices.efi

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi1

VBoxHfs.efi

and check you can still boot without FV enabled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonybod said:

Might the problem be something to do with booting from a NVMe drive?

I've also got two user profiles, could that be an issue?

i have NVMe, all good

ok, finally managed to get it working.

1. Complete re-install of Mojave

2. Only set up one user account (I had two on the machine before).

3. Remove extra drivers as suggested by UefiBooter in a post above.

4. Follow the instructions in a guide by fewtarius called "Enabling FileVault"

• 1 month later...

I am having some problems with getting more information about why my boot process sometimes crashes ... 

Reset before prebooter-start

In about 20% of boot processes, Clover (5098) resets after selecting "FileVault Prebooter" but before showing any verbose output from the prebooter. I changed clover settings to debug = true and noticed something interesting: The reset always happens after "HFS+ driver loaded" (see debug-log.txt line 1488). After sucessfull booting it is followed by "APFS driver loaded". 

Is there any way to get some more verbose output from the APFS driver loader itself? I think this could be the reason for the reset.

Error after filevault prebooter

In about ~40% of boot processes, the filevault prebooter does not boot into the kernel. With verbose output enabled, I just see a black screen with a blinking cursor and without verbose I see a crossed grey circle.

Looks similar to this:

mac-prohibit-symbol-screen-icon.png

Any idea on how I could debug this?

Thanks for your help!

debug-log.txt

Drivers

ApfsDriverLoader.efi
AppleImageCodec.efi
AppleKeyAggregator.efi
AppleKeyFeeder.efi
AppleUITheme.efi
AptioInputFix.efi
AptioMemoryFix.efi
DataHubDxe.efi
FSInject.efi
FirmwareVolume.efi
HFSPlus.efi
HashServiceFix.efi
SMCHelper.efi

UPDATE: FOUND A SOLUTION - HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH CLOVER

- Update my MB's BIOS from F5 to F8a (https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-beta-bios.html)

- NO MORE BOOT FAILURES

Edited by phasslr
FOUND A SOLUTION

33 minutes ago, phasslr said:

I am having some problems with getting more information about why my boot process sometimes crashes ... 

Reset before prebooter-start

In about 20% of boot processes, Clover (5098) resets after selecting "FileVault Prebooter" but before showing any verbose output from the prebooter. I changed clover settings to debug = true and noticed something interesting: The reset always happens after "HFS+ driver loaded" (see debug-log.txt line 1488). After sucessfull booting it is followed by "APFS driver loaded". 

Is there any way to get some more verbose output from the APFS driver loader itself? I think this could be the reason for the reset.

Error after filevault prebooter

In about ~40% of boot processes, the filevault prebooter does not boot into the kernel. With verbose output enabled, I just see a black screen with a blinking cursor and without verbose I see a crossed grey circle.

Looks similar to this:

mac-prohibit-symbol-screen-icon.png

Any idea on how I could debug this?

Thanks for your help!

debug-log.txt

hi. using just that efis. all good here

drivers.JPG