FileVault 2

vit9696
496 posts in this topic

The message usually appears when you boot other system with other password. It sees other volume which requires password you didn't enter yet.

I'm not sure I understand this. "diskutil corestorage list" only shows 1 volume which is encrypted/requires password.

Are you saying I might have entered the wrong password?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks! First of all: thank you so much for all your work so far.

Unfortunately i can not get FV2 working. My machine: Intel i3-3100, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Gigabyte GA-110M-S2H Mainboard with a AMI UEFI BIOS

Here is what i did: 

1. Fresh OSX El Capitan install, everything working fine, no problems. All USB ports working.
  2. Updated Clover to the newest version (downloaded from Sourceforge)
  3. Reboot back into the System, mount the EFI partition, copied the AptioInputFix.efi to the drivers folder (see Pic1), reboot again
  4. Enable Filevault2, system goes for a reboot but then it crashes and get this stop sign thingy.... (i booted with -v for log) (see Pic2 + 3)

From googling i think it is some typ of USB issue. I tried booting with the keyboard (Original Apple USB Keyboard) in different USB ports and always rebooted, but nothing worked.

img_20170122_1858524fu1t.jpg

img_20170122_192055l1q5a.jpg

img_20170122_192140lkqbl.jpg

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i succesfully enabled FV2 on my Asus F750LN Notebook (from Signature), I'm currently running Clover 2.4k r4012, i post also a screenshot of my drivers64UEFI folder. It works all pretty good, except i get some graphical issues (e.g. debug code) into the Login Screen. Can you help me to solve it please? I can currently access to macOS, however i found some bugs in AptioInputFix (Inverted CMD button, when i insert my password i have to Release Shift Key to get Upper-Case chars and i have to insert it very slowly because double-letters don't works if i do it fast). So i can accept this bugs, but what means is to solve these Graphical Issues on Login Screen. Secure boot is enabled in uefi and works with no problem. You made a very good work! Congrats guys :D

post-1560990-0-00450100-1487632435_thumb.png

Is there any chance to fix the issue?

Try to boot without verbose and without KextPatches debug.

I don't remember why the messages was appeared and I have no more testing machine.

Ok with no verbose on boot i don't get this messages on FV2 Login Screen, hovewer is there a Graphical Issue after i insert my password, but i can accept this as compromise. You know if the KextPatches for IntelFrameBufferAzul are the same between El Capitan and Sierra? Maybe it can depends from it?

Ok with no verbose on boot i don't get this messages on FV2 Login Screen, hovewer is there a Graphical Issue after i insert my password, but i can accept this as compromise. You know if the KextPatches for IntelFrameBufferAzul are the same between El Capitan and Sierra? Maybe it can depends from it?

That graphical issue exists on real Macs too IMHO.

You could use following kext patch, which helped me in Sierra:

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>Boot screen fix</string>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>AQAAdSU=</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>AQAA6yU=</data>
</dict>

Thanks smolderas, i try it now and i come back to report! :D

EDIT: Always same graphical issue after password insert, no debug codes but the background of Sierra become like a mosaic, however when it loads and i enter on macOS no problems!

I think I am missing some of the basics here.

Where can I find the EFI files mentioned in the original post?

What is the UsbKbDxe and where does it go?

Thanks,

Steve

In the Clover official package.