[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2020 at 6:45 PM, pure.wisdom said:

change to SSDT-ClickPad. and you missing patch mutex. I saw only one patch in config.plist. And I see you can delete some ssdt because it isn't necessary

please describe how mutex patch works in OC config or send this part

I only found patch for DSDT.

found it here:

https://github.com/jsassu20/OpenCore-HotPatching-Guide/blob/master/11-1-OC-Thinkpad Battery Patch/Rename Sample/TP battery Mutex is set to 0 and renamed.plist

Edited by verleihnix

Hello!! is the BCM94352Z module compatible with Lenovo??the aliexpress website says that it is not compatible. Where can I buy such a cheaper module??Are there any other compatible modules??

Spoiler

Снимок.PNG

Edited by poison44rus

On 6/16/2020 at 11:47 PM, verleihnix said:

please describe how mutex patch works in OC config or send this part

I only found patch for DSDT.

found it here:

https://github.com/jsassu20/OpenCore-HotPatching-Guide/blob/master/11-1-OC-Thinkpad Battery Patch/Rename Sample/TP battery Mutex is set to 0 and renamed.plist

verleihnix, I  have almost the same T470 as you. I have a T470s with the Kaby Lake i5-7300U processor and the HD620 video. I tried the T460 and T470 OC shared here without luck, I think it was for a  processor, the Skylake i5-6300 with the 520HD video. No luck getting it to work with the KabyLake. 

Could you post your OC files please?

6 hours ago, pure.wisdom said:

Can you use a thunderbolt port?

hot-plug does not work

if there is multi port adapter in place during boot it is possible to use usb sticks with it.

new EFI with thermal control fix

EFI.zip

Edited by verleihnix
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2020 at 3:12 AM, verleihnix said:

Here you go

EFI.zip

verleihnix, Thank you! Fun thing, I used your EFI and my i5-7300U T470s worked on OC right out of the gate! All I had to do was move my serial numbers over from my Clover build and Vola. I am however not getting the WiFi to fire off. Do you have an internal one on your T470, or did you use a USB dongle? I added AirportBrcmFixup.kext (ver 2.0.4) to your kext folder (as well as the 3 Bluetooth fix kexts), but it didn't get things going. That is what my WiFi uses on my Clover build. I have retrofitted a Broadcom BCM43xx into my T470s.  Any suggestions what to do next to get built in WiFi going? (oh and the T470s touch pad on OC acts a bit wonky too, I had to cross that bridge with Clover before, but can't remember exactly what I did to fix) 

1518035383_BroadcomBCM43xx.thumb.png.71623b09ec9c3a2e44098ccde459b238.png

Edited by jmj662

7 hours ago, jmj662 said:

verleihnix, Thank you! Fun thing, I used your EFI and my i5-7300U T470s worked on OC right out of the gate! All I had to do was move my serial numbers over from my Clover build and Vola. I am however not getting the WiFi to fire off. Do you have an internal one on your T470, or did you use a USB dongle? I added AirportBrcmFixup.kext (ver 2.0.4) to your kext folder (as well as the 3 Bluetooth fix kexts), but it didn't get things going. That is what my WiFi uses on my Clover build. I have retrofitted a Broadcom BCM43xx into my T470s.  Any suggestions what to do next to get built in WiFi going? (oh and the T470s touch pad on OC acts a bit wonky too, I had to cross that bridge with Clover before, but can't remember exactly what I did to fix) 

did you enabled the kext in OC config.plist?

I am using an original Apple wifi module.

Edited by verleihnix

7 hours ago, jmj662 said:

Per the suggestion from verleihnix

I am going to try this combo in my T470 and it won't require injected kexts because it is native apple OS supported (adapter and card):

Be careful, your link shows a CSAX which is longer than CS2 and uses 3 antennas

On 6/25/2020 at 12:06 AM, verleihnix said:

Be careful, your link shows a CSAX which is longer than CS2 and uses 3 antennas

Thanks for the heads up. I updated the link to the correct $30 Apple BCM94360CS2 WiFi Bluetooth Airport Wireless Card. Thanks also for the realization that a $17 adapter existed for going from the Apple native BCM94360CS2 Card to a NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter for native Mac OS Hackintosh. It works really well. 

The only other thing that wonky in your OC build continues to be the clickpad and it's upper buttons on the T470s. Have you been seeing the same thing? My Clover build works great, giving me full functionality. I tried to put in my VoodPS2Controller kext (1.9.2) from my clover build into your OC build, but it didn't help. It has to be in the SSDT's? I am still learning that topic and certainly not to the point that I can edit the ones you have. 

So, how does your T470 touchpad work? Fully functional with left and right button menus or a bit goofy? I am now reading back into last September of 2019 in this tread and this was a topic. 

Edited by jmj662
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jmj662 said:

So, how does your T470 touchpad work? Fully functional with left and right button menus or a bit goofy? I am now reading back into last September of 2019 in this tread and this was a topic. 

With my t460 it was better than 470 does.

The only annoying is scrolling with Trackpoint and middle button.

It opens tons of new safari tabs .

6 minutes ago, verleihnix said:

Agreed. The clickpad acts in odd ways compared to the Clover build. 

If I can ask, how is your battery life. It was one driving reason to leave Clover and try OC. My Clover build only gets about 2.5 hours. I did add your NVMeFix to my Clover kexts, but haven't tested it yet to see if it extends that time. 

Agreed. The clickpad acts in odd ways compared to the Clover build. 

If I can ask, how is your battery life. It was one driving reason to leave Clover and try OC. My Clover build only gets about 2.5 hours. I did add your NVMeFix to my Clover kexts, but haven't tested it yet to see if it extends that time. 

My clickpad on the 470 works better with the old voodoo from rehabman. The main issue I have with newer voodoo is using the pad press to hold a window when moving windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/28/2020 at 3:02 PM, verleihnix said:

use ssdt_clickpad. this issue will be solved

On 6/28/2020 at 3:15 PM, kolodzieski said:

My clickpad on the 470 works better with the old voodoo from rehabman. The main issue I have with newer voodoo is using the pad press to hold a window when moving windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can use 3 finger drag to move window

8 hours ago, kolodzieski said:

Trying to trace a "Wake reason: RTC(Alarm)" and notice my log looks pretty bad. Anyone else have something like this. Looks like a serious ACPI problem. 

Since I use your base config, I have the same problem.

But sleep works, red LED flashes. WIFI stays warm.

I worked around that by disable WIFI using sleep watcher.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:26 AM, verleihnix said:

Got it fixed

Thanks

SSDT-ThinkPad_ClickPad.aml

Your SSDT edits, pared with Rehabmans VoodPS2Controller kext (1.9.2) makes the touchpad fully functional again in my t470s in OC!

THANKS!!

I successfully made the jump to Catalina 10.15.5 tonight without a hitch thanks to your OC EFI and this last mod. Everything working GREAT!

Edited by jmj662
  • Like 1

verlelhnix, now I see an odd thing. When you run your OC on your T470, does the internal Hard Disk show up as an External Disk?

Any suggestions how to change OC to make my 500GB NVMe internal drive show up as an internal drive instead of an external drive?

Edited by jmj662