[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

Voodoo clickpad/trackpad question. 

Something that has been annoying me lately. With RehabMan's older kext, I do not see this odd behavior that I do see with the latest code from Acidanthera. Normally to move a window (nostky shell windows iTerm/Term in my case) i press with a finger on my left hand in the title bar to hold the window, then move the window by dragging with a finger on my right hand to position the window somewhere on my screen. Normally my right hand finger moves a bit, then I need to lift it and reposition it to drag further while still holding my left hand finer in the title bar. In the newer version the window jumps back to the original place, or a more random place when I reposition my right finger to complete the move. 

Now if i use the left button on the clickpad to hold the window, I can move it with a finger on my right hand, lifting and repositioning the finger at will. The move of the window is rock soild, when using the left button to "hold" the window. 

Alyonw else see this or have a solution? It is the only issue I seem to be having, and is unrelated to Clover/OC, but a function of the newer versions of the Voodoo Kexts. 

Voodoo clickpad/trackpad question. 

Something that has been annoying me lately. With RehabMan's older kext, I do not see this odd behavior that I do see with the latest code from Acidanthera. Normally to move a window (nostky shell windows iTerm/Term in my case) i press with a finger on my left hand in the title bar to hold the window, then move the window by dragging with a finger on my right hand to position the window somewhere on my screen. Normally my right hand finger moves a bit, then I need to lift it and reposition it to drag further while still holding my left hand finer in the title bar. In the newer version the window jumps back to the original place, or a more random place when I reposition my right finger to complete the move. 

Now if i use the left button on the clickpad to hold the window, I can move it with a finger on my right hand, lifting and repositioning the finger at will. The move of the window is rock soild, when using the left button to "hold" the window. 

Anyone else see this or have a solution? It is the only issue I seem to be having, and is unrelated to Clover/OC, but a function of the newer versions of the Voodoo Kexts. 

Hi,

I have got my t460 up an running with the oc files provided by @MSzturc
Thank you very much for the excellent work.

One question for my understanding:
How does the generation of the serial number work?
Is there anything to do for me, like in clover configurator?

Please explain or give me a hint where to find some information.

Thank you

1 hour ago, neverly1 said:

Hi,

I have got my t460 up an running with the oc files provided by @MSzturc
Thank you very much for the excellent work.

One question for my understanding:
How does the generation of the serial number work?
Is there anything to do for me, like in clover configurator?

Please explain or give me a hint where to find some information.

Thank you

Hi,
Run https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS choose option 3: generate smbios, then type macbookpro 13,1
To open your config.plist, use https://github.com/corpnewt/ProperTree
Look for platforminfo then fill in: MLB, Systemserialnumber, and systemUUID. 

On 5/21/2020 at 7:34 PM, adaml75 said:

Hi, did anybody manage to get 4k video output in ANY form from T460?

I tried it a couple of month ago on windows. I got it working through Display-Port but i had to disable the internal display to get a picture. In 4k i was not able to view an yt video since the gpu acceleration didn't worked. After a bit of research i found out that this is a known problem of the skylake architecture since the bandwidth is not wide enough for a 1080p and a 4k picture with the internal gpu.

4 hours ago, MSzturc said:

Updated my T460 to Catalina 10.15.5 Supplemental Update without any problems today. As everytime I published my actual EFI on GitHub it's based on OpenCore 0.59 final with updated kext.

new version voodoops2.kext can use print scr hotkey to disable trackpad :D

On 5/27/2020 at 1:03 PM, MSzturc said:

Updated my T460 to Catalina 10.15.5 without any problems today. As everytime I published my actual EFI on GitHub

thank you so much for opencore !! almost everything works as it should !! I have bluetooth from intel 8260, and it worked on clover !! but now does not want to work !! I deleted all kext from broadcom, all keys in config, but this did not help.

On 6/1/2020 at 9:46 PM, MSzturc said:

Updated my T460 to Catalina 10.15.5 Supplemental Update without any problems today. As everytime I published my actual EFI on GitHub it's based on OpenCore 0.59 final with updated kext.

Hi, thank you for fantastic work (I am still on Clover, though, too lazy to update when everything works fine). Do you notice any difference in battery life compared to Clover based install?

iMessage? 

I had tried a few times when using CLOVER, and more seriously now when using OC, but have been unsuccessful in getting iMessage to run. I read the guides, and in particular the Valilla OC guide. They recommended a serial number that was valid, but with an invalid date. I was unable to generate such a number -- I tried maybe 200 times. 

With a invalid serial number, which is supposed to work, I get the dreaded:

Cannot sign into iMessage on this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below:

Customer Code: XXXX-YYYY-ZZZZ

Apple ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anybody figured out how to get passed this, either through configuration, or by calling apple? 

The Apple ID works fine with iMessage on my phone. 

On 6/8/2020 at 11:42 AM, kolodzieski said:

@tluck-- Issues a pull request to get your OpenCore branch synced with my latest cleanups and OC 0.5.9 config.plist for the T470.

your comment says OpenCore ndk - does this help with Windows? i cant my windows to but on my T420 with OC. can with Clover which doesnt mess with anything really.

merged the PR in.

12 hours ago, tluck said:

your comment says OpenCore ndk - does this help with Windows? i cant my windows to but on my T420 with OC. can with Clover which doesnt mess with anything really.

merged the PR in.

I never dual boot to windows, so am not sure about that.

I should check my comments, I had been using OpenCore ndk to get a graphical boot in OpenCore, but now just use Vanilla Opencore + the OpenCanopy that Vanilla Opencore supports. The boot screan looks great, and I get everything from one place. 

I should note that what I checked into your repository is the "config.plist" and the ACPI/*.dsl -- Not a complete working EFI. 

I usually, 

• get a new opencore EFI
  • add in the Resource/ directory for the graphical boot screen
  • copy the HfsPlus.efi driver into the EFI/OC/Drivers as it is not part of OpenCore
  • copy the checked in config.plist to EFI/OC
  • copy the "compiled" *.aml from what I checked into ACPI/ to the EFI/OC/ACPI
  • reboot
Edited by kolodzieski
clarity
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 12:13 PM, kolodzieski said:

iMessage? 

I had tried a few times when using CLOVER, and more seriously now when using OC, but have been unsuccessful in getting iMessage to run. I read the guides, and in particular the Valilla OC guide. They recommended a serial number that was valid, but with an invalid date. I was unable to generate such a number -- I tried maybe 200 times. 

With a invalid serial number, which is supposed to work, I get the dreaded:

Cannot sign into iMessage on this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below:

Customer Code: XXXX-YYYY-ZZZZ

Apple ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anybody figured out how to get passed this, either through configuration, or by calling apple? 

The Apple ID works fine with iMessage on my phone. 

i didnt have this experience. i was surprised that even using the OC defaults for Platfrom/SMBIOS info (which m, i could register with iMessage.

On my old T420, i bounce between Clover and OC, so i matched the info MLB/ROM/SystemUUID so i would not have to re-register with icloud etc. i dumped my info when booting with Clover with the iMessageDebug tool and then put those 3 vars into my OC config. but then again I had a working MLB/ROM in Clover. 

1 hour ago, tluck said:

i didnt have this experience. i was surprised that even using the OC defaults for Platfrom/SMBIOS info (which m, i could register with iMessage.

On my old T420, i bounce between Clover and OC, so i matched the info MLB/ROM/SystemUUID so i would not have to re-register with icloud etc. i dumped my info when booting with Clover with the iMessageDebug tool and then put those 3 vars into my OC config. but then again I had a working MLB/ROM in Clover. 

I do not know how the combination of Apple ID, Serial Number, Machine Name key an entry in the Apple DB. I did a few experiments, using a new Apple ID -- got the same thing, but a different code to give Apple when contacting support. Also tried to use a valid Serial Number on one boot, it also failed in the same way, with yet a different code to give Apple should I decide to call. 

I may experiment with a different machine name, and platform, maybe MacBookPro13,2 to see if that shakes anything loose. I would really like to get this figured out, as I also have a two hackintosh desktops I would like to get on iMessage. 

On 6/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, kolodzieski said:

I do not know how the combination of Apple ID, Serial Number, Machine Name key an entry in the Apple DB. I did a few experiments, using a new Apple ID -- got the same thing, but a different code to give Apple when contacting support. Also tried to use a valid Serial Number on one boot, it also failed in the same way, with yet a different code to give Apple should I decide to call. 

I may experiment with a different machine name, and platform, maybe MacBookPro13,2 to see if that shakes anything loose. I would really like to get this figured out, as I also have a two hackintosh desktops I would like to get on iMessage. 

Can you share your EFI with latest version? thanks

2 hours ago, pure.wisdom said:

Sure, 

Here is my current EFI with serial stripped out. 

efit470.zip

2 hours ago, pure.wisdom said:

Sure, 

Here is my current EFI with serial stripped out. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kolodzieski said:

OK. What am I doing wrong?

SSDT-ThinkPad_TrackPad just uses for old the Thinkpad (<Haswell). In SSDT-SMBU, you must change _SB_.PCI0.SMBU to _SB_.PCI0.SBUS for loading. You can check ioreg for that

Edited by pure.wisdom

7 minutes ago, pure.wisdom said:

SSDT-ThinkPad_TrackPad just uses for old the Thinkpad (<Haswell). In SSDT-SMBU, you must to change _SB_.PCI0.SMBU to _SB_.PCI0.SBUS

Thanks. Fixing SMBU->SBUS

So the Trackpad SSDT is not needed? 

Thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kolodzieski said:

Thanks. Fixing SMBU->SBUS

So the Trackpad SSDT is not needed? 

Thanks.

change to SSDT-ClickPad. and you missing patch mutex. I saw only one patch in config.plist. And I see you can delete some ssdt because it isn't necessary