[Guide] Mac OSX 10.12 and 10.13 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

nmano

1,954 posts in this topic

Here's how I create my DSDT
1 I use the automatic clover patch in the config.plist (pict 1 and 2)
2 when I'm on clover, I save the patched DSDT (F5) (pict 3)
3 I use the patches in Maciasl (pict 4 and 5)

post-1181448-0-55792900-1480959766_thumb.png

post-1181448-0-05954100-1480959780_thumb.png

post-1181448-0-16879000-1480959814_thumb.png

post-1181448-0-96727200-1480959961_thumb.png

post-1181448-0-11250500-1480959982_thumb.png

• Like 1

Here's how I create my DSDT

1 I use the automatic clover patch in the config.plist (pict 1 and 2)

2 when I'm on clover, I save the patched DSDT (F5) (pict 3)

3 I use the patches in Maciasl (pict 4 and 5)

Ok let's see if I get it! I already have a DSDT made for my hardware with nmano's help. The idea is to take advantage of what I already have by choosing F5 and not creating a new one by choosing F4, right?

And then add the new patches to the DSDT I already had, is that it?

I'm lost at line 4.
I'm sorry but I'm a beginner on dsdt and co.

let's start:

Should I include in my config.plist the following patches from your config.plist ?:

DSDT Patches
AddDTGP And FixTMR
The Drop Tables
DropOEM
KextsToPatch
KernelToPatch

Now in the efi folder which SSDT files I need to add?
The only SSDT I have is that I generated for p and c states.
MaciASL 1.4 can not open your SSDT files. Only MaciASL 1.3 succeeds but returns errors during processing in "external method".

Should I apply the patch "X99_comfile and sleep" to original DSDT extracted with clover?

Now, the new files into the efi folder overwriting the old?

"X99_Injector LPC.kext" in the efi folder.

How many things I did wrong if not all?

First You have to  test each devices SSDT.

I have my graphics card path BR3A

HDMI-D081.

If you have a different path you have to change names.

SSDT-BR3A.aml worked sound and graphics and HDMI.

X99_Injector LPC.kext just drop in EFI I thing no need ssdt-LPC.aml

Remove your old dsdt.aml

• Like 2

haha.... i do not unterstand anything... I guess this is how the pros are doing it. with SSDT.

nmano.... would be great if you could provide more of a step by step guide with some screenshots.

as you probably have read before, I have Hack-Experience but this is new land for me.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

haha.... i do not unterstand anything... I guess this is how the pros are doing it. with SSDT.

nmano.... would be great if you could provide more of a step by step guide with some screenshots.

as you probably have read before, I have Hack-Experience but this is new land for me.

Cheers, Mike

First make SSDT for your devices.If work graphics then test wifi.Need some  knowledge about SSDT how to rename devices.{ARPT/GFX0/HDAU/HDEF}

ALZA -HDEF

Look my x99 SSDT pack check your ioreg.

First restart never work all devices.

I made more then 20 restart.

So try first SSDT If worked all devices then try to sleep with DSDT. :)

• Like 1

I've been analyzing the nmano´s plist, which has about 5 SSDTs and leaves me a little confused...

Okay, I have a DSDT that shows all the devices on "About this Mac - PCI".

After having done several tests, I concluded that my Sleep always works, but does not always wake up in the same way. Sometimes he wakes up and asks for the password and sometimes he restarts, and of course, I do not know the cause of this behavior!

So what should I do? Apply patches to Sleep on the DSDT I already have, or create a new SSDT just for sleep? And what specific patches should i apply?

First of all i want to understand the advatage of Nnamo's SSDT approach.

There are other ways out there just working with kexts and config.plist.

The only thing I have seen previously done with SSDT was to set the CPU states correctly with PikeAlphas Script.

But so many SSDTs for the other hardware....why?

Or is it so that once properly set in the SSDTs, the system will always work even in the future when there are updates?

I will investigate more.... but I even lack understanding the big picuture here for this approach.

@Fegarth..... since you had a fully working system, why change and try new things....?

Cheers, Mike

• Like 2

@Fegarth..... since you had a fully working system, why change and try new things....?

Cheers, Mike

Yes, it is true what you say, but from the beginning I see OSX as a permanent challenge. It is the will to try new things that are coming up and to think that I can always improve something. It is my greed to want more and more and better. Without stress, I always keep the last functional configuration, in case something goes wrong. ?
  • Like 1

Thanks to Nmano is due for the new information and the help he gives to all of us.

Although now I had a big headache for all these codes...

I don't understand how to generate SSDT files for my devices. Should I change the SSDT files in the zip, or should I extract them with some command?

I searched on the web but I have not found useful information. Nmano we trust in your help!

• Like 1

It would be better to explain step by step....sometime people assume that we (newbies) know and understand every passage about DSDT creation...so when we read "create your SSDT" etc. for someone it's not clear how to create an SSDT...That's why i agree with most of users who ask for a detailed step by step guide....

I tried too to search and read several topics about DSDT creation but they are all generics and the assume that people have the knowledge of everything.

So a full step by step guide (how to make ssdt, how and why to rename devices etc.) would be welcome.

• Like 4

X99_Gold_1.0

#Remove

SSDT-Config

SSDT-XOSI

SSDT-LPC

#Remove ACPI config patches 

We don’t need  that.

Its updated. :P

X99_Gold_1.0.zip

• Like 3

Dear nmano

Your first post is great in terms of step by step instructions.

So after having built the PC, install the unlocked bios, what do I need to put in the EFI folder to get a good start.

I will then create the SSDT for my cpu.

I have a SSD with clover installed and sierra 12.1 ready to go.

Sorry if I sound super noob or stupid.... but I am really lost here.....

Regards, Mike

• Like 1

Dear nmano

Your first post is great in terms of step by step instructions.

So after having built the PC, install the unlocked bios, what do I need to put in the EFI folder to get a good start.

I will then create the SSDT for my cpu.

I have a SSD with clover installed and sierra 12.1 ready to go.

Sorry if I sound super noob or stupid.... but I am really lost here.....

Regards, Mike

Hi Mike

Dont use my SSDT

but all X99 same devices you have to create own ssdt you can modify same step.

• Like 2

Thanks Nmano

I do not even know how to create SSDT for all other devices.

Anybody else got more insight.

What do I have to put into EFI folder to at least get things booted without KP to start modifying?

Aiiii..... so difficult.

Regards, Mike

• Like 1

Full soft install of Sierra 10.12.2 Beta 5 (16C60b) and system is stable as always...

Just installed the Nvidia Web Driver, repatch AppleGraphicsControl.kext and IO211Family.kext and the result was what I expected :drool: 

post-1313347-0-45080600-1481152719_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-92522300-1481152736_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-35043700-1481152753_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-32655800-1481152764_thumb.png

• Like 1

One of my 980TI smoked up with a flash and a big bang last weekend. One of the mosfet under the VRM heatsink explode.

So cross your fingers for Pascal support in the future. I got a new 980TI, find a cheap one in marketplace, but Maxwell cards are more and more sold out.

One of my 980TI smoked up with a flash and a big bang last weekend. One of the mosfet under the VRM heatsink explode.

So cross your fingers for Pascal support in the future. I got a new 980TI, find a cheap one in marketplace, but Maxwell cards are more and more sold out.

Evga didn't believe me when I said it was defective... they wanted me to test it in Windows 10...

Well, well, well... WHAT YA KNOW...

Future note for anyone, if you get artefacts on ANY system, chances are it's the card and not the driver.

On topic:

Just a note to add about my OS X system:

- Sleep sometimes doesn't work and causes a reboot (randomly)

- Uninstalling the Nvidia driver or removing/alterating a kext from S/L/E will cause the system to hang at a black screen (power led keeps flashing) during a reboot (even if I rebuild the caches), and therefore bricks the system.

• Like 1

Evga didn't believe me when I said it was defective... they wanted me to test it in Windows 10...

Well, well, well... WHAT YA KNOW...

Future note for anyone, if you get artefacts on ANY system, chances are it's the card and not the driver.

The last graphics card that did this to me was a few years ago and was already worse, in a more advanced state. If I remembered it was an ATI 1950 Pro and after some tests in Windows, I sent it to the trash :yes: 

Got asked several times about AppleIntelInfo.kext and noticed that there really isn't any SUPER clear instructions on how to download, compile, and run AppleIntelInfo (to check CPU states), so here you go, start to finish:

1. Install Xcode from the App store: Click here
2. Download AppleIntelInfo source code: Click here
3. Unzip the AppleIntelInfo-master folder to your desktop, open it up, and double click AppleIntelInfo.xcodeproj (if you get a warning dialog box, just hit "Open")...
J8ctAnq.png
4. Click the "Build then run current scheme" button (looks like the play button or a sideways triangle; it'll be the button that is to the left of the square):
ivKEopH.png
5. You'll notice that we have 3 warnings (you may not get any if you're running 10.11). Click the "warning" icon and you'll see some "issues" on the left. Click on the "Validate Project Settings" issue and a dialog box comes up, then click "Perform Changes":
6cdXMsn.png
Y4RQLrU.png

6. The other two issues basically state that the target system (in my case, 10.12) is different than the compiled version (10.11). All you need to do is under "macOS Deployment Target," set it to 10.12 :
8ssyLst.png
7. Click the "Build" button again and you should get a "Build succeeded" message without any errors:
g47NVGL.png
8. To find where the file was saved. In Xcode, go to "Preferences", then go to the "Locations" tab and look under "Derived Data," then click the grey/white arrow icon:
hyNnDH7.png
9. This will open a folder, now you'll want to click "Derived Data", then "AppleIntelInfo-cxjl...", then "Build", then "Products", then "Debug". Inside Debug will be your compiled AppleIntelInfo.kext:
eMggoSB.png
IqeVhZh.png
VMLQM3e.png

5d6e9pc.png

PNxE47j.png
EEFSy1l.png

10. Place the compiled AppleIntelInfo.kext on to your desktop and run these commands (copy and paste) into a terminal window:

Type in your OS X login password after running this: 

sudo -s

Then...

chown -R 0:0 ~/Desktop/AppleIntelInfo.kext
chmod -R 755 ~/Desktop/AppleIntelInfo.kext
kextload ~/Desktop/AppleIntelInfo.kext

Run this command at least 10 times (once every 10 seconds--to make it quick, just hit the arrow up key on your keyboard to reload the last shell command):

cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

What it should look like:

ZTJOBHI.png

After the 10th time or so you'll notice the C and P-States will stop populating:

SFrMg0D.png

• Like 3