[Guide] Mac OSX 10.12 and 10.13 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

nmano

1,954 posts in this topic

@fabiosun thank u! im searching for the command, ive heard that leads to some changes, in some situations. I tryed solution 3 from your post and replaced my efi with urs, replaced ur 25 with a 23 for the oc settings in the kernell (in clover configurator), will try what u advice, thank you so much

@Balamut sorry, i thought it would be wiser to start with bios settings first, but so far the efi folder on the install usb is the one @fabiosun posted along with 3 different solutions, im trying solution 3 bcuz i want windows too, i just replaced the "25" with a "23" (wich is the value for a 3.50 Ghz max turbo frequency) my system is a Z10-PE16 WS with a single Xeon E5 2690 V4, 64 GB 2133 Mhz Crucial DDR4 (2x32 GB RDIMM) and a Titan X Pascal (thats a thing i dont want to worry about now), clover v2.3k r3974, macos 12.0.58 (usb created with Un.i_bea.st 7.0.1, will try building it from terminal now) and i get stuck here:

b7ed4bf8cb1c8a8ef83adba09cead32e.jpg

Thank u so much for ur help!

i just loaded the optimized settings in the bios, im changing:

ADVANCED>NCT6779D Super IO Configuration>Serial Port 1 Configuration>Serial Port [Disabled]

ADVANCED>NCT6779D Super IO Configuration>Serial Port 2 Configuration>Serial Port [Disabled]

ADVANCED>Onboard LAN I210 Configuration>Intel LAN ROM Type [Disabled] (both LAN1 and LAN2)

ADVANCED>CSM Configuration>Boot option filter [uEFI and Legacy]
ADVANCED>USB Configuration>EHCI Hand-off [Enabled]

INTELRCSETUP>IIO Configuration>Intel VT for Directed I/O (VT-d) [Disabled]

what u guys think?

@fabiosun im not even connecting the titan until i have macos installed, for safety; and yeah, seems like it, any thoughts?

Ok, i have got this far:

522bacb8c2d634057497ac8c07544773.jpg

Im using this EFI setup, can someone with the expertise I lack, check it to help me get to rhe installer? Also i have no wifi/bt connected, do i need to delete which kexts?

Thank u guys

If you're just trying to get to the installer, use the bootflag: npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000

For the installation, these bootflags worked for me (also, in Clover's boot options menu->GPU Tuning->Inject Nvidia(make sure it's checked or you won't get a video signal):

-v dart=0 slide=0 npci=0x3000 maxmem=16384 nv_disable=1

-v => verbose (see text on screen during load)

dart=0 => bypass Intel VT-d

slide=0 => adjusts kernel basic address for OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

npci=0x3000 => identifies the CPU

maxmem=xxxxxx => limits the amount of RAM for use during setup (anything over 16GB can cause issues)

nv_disable=1 => disables discrete graphics cards (you'll need this as the OS won't be properly configured with Nvidia drivers)

• Like 1

If you're just trying to get to the installer, use the bootflag: npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000

For the installation, these bootflags worked for me (also, in Clover's boot options menu->GPU Tuning->Inject Nvidia(make sure it's checked or you won't get a video signal):

-v dart=0 slide=0 npci=0x3000 maxmem=16384 nv_disable=1

-v => verbose (see text on screen during load)

dart=0 => bypass Intel VT-d

slide=0 => adjusts kernel basic address for OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

npci=0x3000 => identifies the CPU

maxmem=xxxxxx => limits the amount of RAM for use during setup (anything over 16GB can cause issues)

nv_disable=1 => disables discrete graphics cards (you'll need this as the OS won't be properly configured with Nvidia drivers)

Dart=0 slide=0 maxmem=xxxxx no more used and not useful for his system...npci=0x2000 is good

• Like 1

Some feedback would be great....

See attached my EFI folder.

My observations:

- Sleep not working reliable yet... some reboots once in a while after wake up

- I cannot achieve the max turbo frequency of 4.0 Ghz, although the SSDT is correctly created for that.

Tried to go Nahm's path with his config.plist and DSDT.aml but system will not even boot with that.

Also I am not sure which of the kexts I will still need if I use his DSDT.aml.

Find attached my EFI folder.... be aware that because of uploading restrictions, I deleted all non relevant things....

Thanks, Mike

EFI.zip

Fabio.... that was amazing....!!!!

I disabled the oakrsit patch. Now I even get better performance.

​It is also important to disable speedstep in bios and just leave Turbo enabled.

Now with the SSDT.aml for the processor I get the best performance ever.

All patches now disabled only reboot fix stays....

Do I need that too?

Thanks Mike

Wow.... Fljagd... impressive....

Can you post your EFI folder.... I am curious which kexts you are using and what your config.plist is.

When you have a look at my config.plist, you will see that most patches are disabled.....

System works without Speedstep now.... using a bit more power but in general has more performance.

Cheers, Mike

Wow.... Fljagd... impressive....

Can you post your EFI folder.... I am curious which kexts you are using and what your config.plist is.

When you have a look at my config.plist, you will see that most patches are disabled.....

System works without Speedstep now.... using a bit more power but in general has more performance.

Cheers, Mike

Thank

My EFI here

EFI.zip

interesting how different the different EFI folders are.

Well....eventually I hope to better understand this DSDT.aml creating.... in the meantime I will go with my system.

Or maybe we all get lucky and Flagd will write something on his blog.

Cheeres, Michael

Or maybe we all get lucky and Flagd will write something on his blog.

ouhlala!!!  :whistle:

I have done extensive research and, tons of testing

I do not yet master perfectly

But it will come

I still have a lot of work to do

SSDT Work without X99 USB 3_Injector

I tried to do this a long time ago but today I finally got a breakthrough.

Just drop SSDT-XHC2.AML  into EFI folder and add port limit patch in config.plist.

Happy New Year to you all and don’t forget to like my post!

Enjoy!

EFI.zip

• Like 7

What about giga X99 SLI, are they good for building?

Anyone? :blush:

-------------------------  Happy New Year To You All  -------------------------

• Like 1

Got 10.12.2... SOMEWHAT working. Unfortunately, all these system apps won't load and continually crash...

Tried:

- repairing permissions - no change

- disk utility first aid - no change

Did a fresh install:

- Used AGDP fix and nmano patch, but it fake loaded the nvidia driver

- Removed nmano's patch, got into desktop, changed refresh rate from 60hz to 75hz and the screen lost signal and I couldn't get it back after multiple reboots/iGPU starts

post-1874416-0-00860000-1483294231_thumb.png

post-1874416-0-93975200-1483294231_thumb.png

post-1874416-0-98443100-1483294232_thumb.png

post-1874416-0-62439400-1483294233_thumb.png

Just drop SSDT-XHC2.AML  into EFI folder and add port limit patch in config.plist.

Enjoy!

What's the difference between FakeSMC.kext and AppleSMC.kext?

• Like 1

..well, I consider a good idea post my building list:

- Gigabyte x99-UD4

- Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 or Intel Xeon E5-2630 v4

- Corsair Vengeance LPX Kit 32GB DDR4 2400 Mhz

- Crucial Mx 300 m.2 275GB ssd

- Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB Media

- Nvidia GTX 650 ti

- BCM94360CD 802.11 Dual wit the pci.e adapter

- some HDD for backup

...thoughts?     ^_^

I have a question regarding sleep.... my system works with sleep, but only if there is no USB storage attached.

If I have a stick attached, the system crashes and reboots.

Any feedback? Is this something that could be potentially fixed, if so how?

Thanks, Mike

@favlex you are in the right place! everyone with x99 seems to be accomplishing installations and stability.

@fabiosun @okrasit I finally managed to install 10.12.1!, seems like all the nvram problem was a missmatch from clover and osx versions (noob guess), thank you so much for your guidance, it was such a pain, i had to use 2 different efi/clover/kext combinations for usb system installing and post-install system boot (USB EFI attached, System's EFI @fabiosun's with just msr199.kext patched to match E5 2690 V4's max OC frequency))

@fabiosun one last thing, how u managed to get the cpu name and the pci tables recognized? cant find a working dsdt and i dont know if i can do the heavy (seems very heavy) lifting of building one, also have u got the built-in audio working?

have an excellent 2017 start

forgot: installed macOS 10.12.1 (16B2659)

EFI (USB Installer) Clover v2.3k 3961.zip

post-1828051-0-00043600-1483367074_thumb.png

Edited by c4n001
  • Like 1

hi

for audio follow the following link:

also there you can find my old efi

I use it also for install and post install

for our cpu you have not to use nullcpupm kext and other things

also our new mb (z10pe d16) is more simple to configure

then looking to your config you have to use some kernel patches if you want to delete nullcpupm and msr0119 kext

@fabiosun, i already see that patch in the clover config im using (downloaded from one of ur posts) The thing is I didnt copy the dsdt, will try that in a bit, also... Have u noticed? when u control the computer via Screen Sharing from another mac (i used a mac mini and a macbook pro) it goes absurdly slow?

Enjoy!

Can you create a custom DSDT/SSDTs (for USB, GFX, etc) for me? I'm trying to use Fergarth's DSDT in 10.12.2, but it resolves my GTX 980 TI as his 960 STRIX (which then tells the OS to use OS X driver instead of Nvidia Web).

Attached are my ACPI dumps, IOREG file and config.plist!

mfc88.config.plist.zip

mfc88.iMac.IOREG.zip

mfc88.acpi.zip