[Guide] Mac OSX 10.12 and 10.13 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

nmano

1,954 posts in this topic

I also liked to know how to create a dedicated DSDT. I know how to extract the original, how to add patches and I've done this a few times, but create from scratch I have not yet learned ... nmano, NeXtor... a step by step Christmas gift would be very useful :yes: 

By the way, Merry Christmas everyone!

@my friend nmano...please i need a new dsdt because i changed motherboard...now i've Asus X99 deluxe II, can you make it for me?

I attach you a zip with ioreg file and origin dir.

Thanks in advance.

don't worry I will try tomorrow.

• Like 4

@my friend nmano...please i need a new dsdt because i changed motherboard...now i've Asus X99 deluxe II, can you make it for me?

I attach you a zip with ioreg file and origin dir.

Thanks in advance.

#Asus X99 deluxe II

#Test Sleep

#I change XHCI to XHC1(check IONameMatch in your X99_Injector USB 3.kext)

Asus X99 deluxe II.zip

• Like 3

Happy X99_Merry Christmas.

post-413859-0-85029300-1482592876_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi,

first of all Merry Christmas all of You.

Then, my humble question, if I went for a Xeon E5-2630 v4 instead of 5960, I won't get any issues, right?

Thanks.

Any reason why? 

I was always under the impression that the Xeons were geared toward server setups... and hence why they need ECC RAM... with the only advantage being that you have the option to pair two of them up to have dual CPUs. 

The only time I'd recommend Xeons would be for workstations (servers or render farms). Otherwise, I'd recommend consumer/desktop products if you plan on using it for web-browsing, gaming, programming, etc.

I still don't quite understand why Apple chooses to go with server components over consumer components... the performance just isn't there.

Any reason why? 

I was always under the impression that the Xeons were geared toward server setups... and hence why they need ECC RAM... with the only advantage being that you have the option to pair two of them up to have dual CPUs. 

The only time I'd recommend Xeons would be for workstations (servers or render farms). Otherwise, I'd recommend consumer/desktop products if you plan on using it for web-browsing, gaming, programming, etc.

I still don't quite understand why Apple chooses to go with server components over consumer components... the performance just isn't there.

First, thanks for ur response.

Yes, that's simple, cause I've found a good cheap one.

I was just making the list hardware to complete this project, then I saw it at a very cheap price and I asked about it, just to be sure.

First, thanks for ur response.

Yes, that's simple, cause I've found a good cheap one.

I was just making the list hardware to complete this project, then I saw it at a very cheap price and I asked about it, just to be sure.

I had a 5960X and now i'm happy with my Xeon 2696v4....It's not right that Xeon are only for servers or workstation...they are for serious pc used to make graphics, Music and video editing. I use sometime to play too....it's another world. 5960X maybe it's good for players, overclockers. It's a good cpu but if you want to work with your pc/hackintosh and you want a serious cpu so buy a Xeon. You don't need ECC ram...i've non ecc ddr4 ram and my system works very good.

• Like 1

I had a 5960X and now i'm happy with my Xeon 2696v4....It's not right that Xeon are only for servers or workstation...they are for serious pc used to make graphics, Music and video editing. I use sometime to play too....it's another world. 5960X maybe it's good for players, overclockers. It's a good cpu but if you want to work with your pc/hackintosh and you want a serious cpu so buy a Xeon. You don't need ECC ram...i've non ecc ddr4 ram and my system works very good.

..well..let me say it's good to be back :)

The typical Insanelymac support is always here, years later even though.

Then, the important one, about the motherboards, I see a lot of you, on this thread at least, got the asus one; is there any probs taking different brand but the same x99 sochket 2011-3? ( 3 is for version three I suppose..)

Thanks @thenightflyer

I had a 5960X and now i'm happy with my Xeon 2696v4....It's not right that Xeon are only for servers or workstation...they are for serious pc used to make graphics, Music and video editing.

SUR45wf.png

They're server components that Apple uses/markets for durability, rather than performance. Again, the performance for consumer use just isn't there (and shouldn't be the selling point). They're also cheap because they're not that desirable for most consumers (unless you're building a work horse or "upgrading" a Mac Pro). You're better off going with consumer grade components as there will be a stronger second-hand (used) market and you'll have more choices in terms of hardware compatibility. 

This is the reason why most people are hating on Apple at the moment. They keep using sub-par components that sacrifice performance and compatibility for stability and low-energy usage. In other words, don't expect a speedy system, instead expect a some-what slow (most consumer SOFTWARE isn't yet optimize for more than 4 cores), yet durable system.

..well..let me say it's good to be back :)

The typical Insanelymac support is always here, years later even though.

Then, the important one, about the motherboards, I see a lot of you, on this thread at least, got the asus one; is there any probs taking different brand but the same x99 sochket 2011-3? ( 3 is for version three I suppose..)

Thanks @thenightflyer

Gigabyte tends to be the most compatible and easiest with Hackintosh's. 

I've just been using Asus motherboards since I've been building computers(10 years now). However, this will be the first year I've switched over to a Unix system, and as far as setting up a Mac OS has been, it's been a 3+ month battle. If I were to build another, with Mac OS in mind, I'd go for a Gigabyte board.

• Like 1

Hi FavleX

Which issues do you refer?

Your chosen CPU is a v4 10 core + 10 threads

It is a good cpu but you have to have a combination of motherboard/firmware that supports it

Your CPU has a lower TDP so it is more appropriate to use with server purposes..but if you have one for a good price it is good

well, keep in mind I am bit rusted about dsd and clover stuff My knowledge is very outdated and from the ds4 Giga stuff.

Then, I was talking about x99 platform.., you wrote about firmware..you mean bios version?

SUR45wf.png

They're server components that Apple uses/markets for durability, rather than performance. Again, the performance for consumer use just isn't there (and shouldn't be the selling point). They're also cheap because they're not that desirable for most consumers (unless you're building a work horse or "upgrading" a Mac Pro). You're better off going with consumer grade components as there will be a stronger second-hand (used) market and you'll have more choices in terms of hardware compatibility. 

This is the reason why most people are hating on Apple at the moment. They keep using sub-par components that sacrifice performance and compatibility for stability and low-energy usage. In other words, don't expect a speedy system, instead expect a some-what slow (most consumer SOFTWARE isn't yet optimize for more than 4 cores), yet durable system.

Gigabyte tends to be the most compatible and easiest with Hackintosh's. 

I've just been using Asus motherboards since I've been building computers(10 years now). However, this will be the first year I've switched over to a Unix system, and as far as setting up a Mac OS has been, it's been a 3+ month battle. If I were to build another, with Mac OS in mind, I'd go for a Gigabyte board.ì

Do you think that Xeon has no performance???? I would like you to see performances i've now with my Xeon compared to my 5960X.....

Do you think that Xeon has no performance???? I would like you to see performances i've now with my Xeon compared to my 5960X.....

I'll simplify my answer:

Xeon => train

i7 => car

A Xeon can carry a lot of people, at a relatively quick speed, over long distances, and be incredibly reliable.

An i7 can carry some amount of people, at an extremely quick speed, over short-medium distances, and be relatively reliable.

In other words, more people are buying cars than buying trains. They only need to carry some amount of people over short distances with the advantage of faster speeds. Also, cars are more wide-spread/compatible than trains when it comes to finding parts.

• Like 2

I'll simplify my answer:

Xeon => train

i7 => car

A Xeon can carry a lot of people, at a relatively quick speed, over long distances, and be incredibly reliable.

An i7 can carry some amount of people, at an extremely quick speed, over short-medium distances, and be relatively reliable.

In other words, more people are buying cars than buying trains. They only need to carry some amount of people over short distances with the advantage of faster speeds. Also, cars are more wide-spread/compatible than trains when it comes to finding parts.

Smart way of simplyfling and explain it.

I've found some good offers about MSI and Gygabite. Do you think I should give preference one or other.

The BIOS quick update is equal on all of them if Have get it right.

Smart way of simplyfling and explain it.

I've found some good offers about MSI and Gygabite. Do you think I should give preference one or other.

The BIOS quick update is equal on all of them if Have get it right.

I don't normally reference TonyMac, but they put together a great list of components you MAY want to reference:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/december/2016

If you're going for the simplest/smoothest installation, find a guide on InsanelyMac for the board you're interested in and make sure it's already been supported (with SSDTs/DSDTs...etc).

• Like 1

I don't normally reference TonyMac, ...

If you're going for the simplest/smoothest installation, find a guide on InsanelyMac for the board you're interested in and make sure it's already been supported (with SSDTs/DSDTs...etc).

I was going to use and following this thread for having support on installation, considered the X99 platform choosed, maybe I was supposing wrong?

I was going to use and following this thread for having support on installation, considered the X99 platform choosed, maybe I was supposing wrong?

The SSDTs/DSDTs/Clover Patches generated will be specific to the user's set up. For example, Asus X99 Deluxe is different than Asus X99 Pro USB3.1, and that's different from Asus X99-E WS, and that's different from the Asus X99-A...and so on. Also, the user's components: Graphics card, harddrives, bluetooth devices, wifi devices, external components...and so on, will almost always be different. So... 

Just because it's the same manufacturer and same board model, doesn't mean everything will be 1 to 1.

For example: Fergarth and I share the same board, but not the specs. He generated a DSDT for his board to match his specs. I can not use his DSDT because it doesn't recognize my graphics card nor my wifi device. Instead, I have to alter my OS's kext's to get a video signal (ADGP Fix -- which breaks the OS after 10.12) and a wifi device patch (BroadCom Wifi patcher -- which isn't recognized as a patch in 10.12.1+) to be recognized.

• Like 1

it's possible to connect Apple TV to X99 system?

Hi guys

If anybody fix graphics issue GTX 970 10.12.2/10.12.3?

• Like 1