Leopard build 9A283 has leaked!

MacAddict

158 posts in this topic

ok uploaded and ready for download...

there is a small catch

You will have to register on my site where it is posted in a password protected folder

once registered PM an admin for password to the exlusive section of the forum..the link it self is password protected and should not be provided to anyone else cause it is leech protected

I am sorry but i hope you guys understand my concern hosting it locally so i must have many passwords/ and protections. Please do not give direct link out to just anyone. I am limiting 10 logins every 2 hours otherwise the link is disabled

my site is in my sig or go to backunderground.net

Cool PM sent on your site.

Ok, to make iMovie work .... you need to use the Quartz.Framework from the original build.

The downside - the only thing (thus far) that i have noticed is that TimeMachine no longer works (it must rely on the newer version of Quartz).

What i suggest - write a script to swap out the Quartz Frame work per application need.

I will try to attach the folder/files.

Replace the Quartz.Framework folder in ::

\System\Library\Frameworks

MAKE SURE to backup the current folder !!!! Or Time Machine (and maybe other appz) will not work!!

Use at your own risk !!!

Thanks to the EVER so GREAT xfsasx, my Tiger just gave birth to a baby Leopard ! :-)

Btw - has anyone done an upgrade over Tiger with Leopard? I usually do clean installs... but it would be nice this one time to do it this way. :-)

Ok, to make iMovie work .... you need to use the Quartz.Framework from the original build.

The downside - the only thing (thus far) that i have noticed is that TimeMachine no longer works (it must rely on the newer version of Quartz).

What i suggest - write a script to swap out the Quartz Frame work per application need.

I will try to attach the folder/files.

Replace the Quartz.Framework folder in ::

\System\Library\Frameworks

MAKE SURE to backup the current folder !!!! Or Time Machine (and maybe other appz) will not work!!

Use at your own risk !!!

Alternatively, you may be able to put this in the app package's specific frameworks folder. It'd be at iMovie HD.app/Contents/Frameworks. Give that a try before replacing system files -- it might make iMovie work, and keep the rest of your programs running off of the newer system framework.

that won't work - there are no Quartz references in that folder .... there has to be a better way - i agree .... may be easier to find the Quartz version check in iMovie and make it recognize the newer Quartz .... however, that goes beyond my knowledge ...

i've gotta say be extremely careful with leopard.

i used disk utility off of the dvd to format my xp partition where i was going to install leopard. and for some reason it decided to format the parition before it as well. (thank god i separated my os from my storage). Also, for no reason whatsoever it destroyed my fat32 partition on an external firewire drive, which i never touched.

which was excellent since it managed to hose the two partitions that had my music on them, the fat32 was the backup.

ugh, at least i recovered them, but lost alot of the tags.

leopard not ready yet.

Additional Leopard warnings:

On my PowerBook (haven't tried MacBook yet), I am unable to use Terminal... not even iTem (though based on the same) so the Shell is not accessable at all!!!!!!!

There are other little tidbits as well... so Leopard truly is for curiousity... trial development and stuff.

btw- any seen how active the console is? :-(