[pre-releases] macOS Sierra

fantomas

724 posts in this topic

+1, went to DailyMotion URL in Safari and got an immediate freeze as soon as top banner video started to play.

Tests as follows on my Dell laptops:

• E6440, Haswell HD4600 -> system freeze on video playout
  • E6230, Ivy Bridge HD4000 -> Ok, no freeze
  • E6220, Sandy Bridge HD3000 -> no freeze but videos won't play (error message returned)

Never visited DailyMotion since installing Sierra DB so can't say if it's a GM-specific or HD4600-specific or a combined HD4600/GM-specific issue or not.

NB: running GM 16A320 (not 319).

Same behaviour for me : NUC i5-4250u Haswell HD5000 > freeze  

It's the same freeze as DRM protected playout in iTunes ... 

It may involve HDCP ... and shiki will not help !

Freezes in Safari are AirPlay related.

No !

Airplay (sound only, and sound+video) is working fine on DRM-free audio/video  in iTunes.

Ok, thanks, I use definitely HD 4600.  :drool:  :w00t:  :thumbsup_anim:

I sincerely hope it will work for you, so you can help us debug this annoying issue !

Same behaviour for me : NUC i5-4250u Haswell HD5000 > freeze  

It's the same freeze as DRM protected playout in iTunes ... 

It may involve HDCP ... and shiki will not help !

No !

Airplay (sound only, and sound+video) is working fine on DRM-free audio/video  in iTunes.

I sincerely hope it will work for you, so you can help us debug this annoying issue !

I don´t use Safari, I use Chrome, the hack works fine but in some web pages appears a little bit of lines but without importance, becuase the hack doesn´t freezes atm. For the rest I can play videos in 4K in YouTube without problem. In DP8 and previous releases this lines didn´t appear.

I use Sierra GM 16A319.

If anyone has tried with Final Cut Pro and can tell me if appears the problem that the hack freeze, because I need FCPX for my school.

Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Maybe boot with nVidia disabled and, after installation, install the Web driver?

Regarding config.plist settings:

1. do you need P-States + C-States generation to be activated?
  2. do you need C6 State to be activated?
  3. don't you need kernelPm or KernelHaswellE patch for your i7-5820K platform?
  4. MacPro5,1 is probably not the best SMBIOS to use (Xeon platform). Why don't you use iMac14,2/iMac15,1 SMBIOS instead?

Good morning:

This nvidia needs inject to run, so boot with nv_disabled don't works, appears black screen.

P and C States is used due my old config with ElCapitan.

KernelPM or KernelHaswellE actived or deactivated same result in KP Nvidia.

I Will try iMac14,2 or iMac15,1 to boot, in Capitan, used MacPro5,1 because its only that can boot to installation screen

Thanks in advance ;)

I have and another prob can't open display pref's

Yes. Known issue.

Very strange. Hd 520 in el capitan, is perfect working. But apple prevent funtion hd 520 in sierra. Ex. Blackbar on top left corner and display pref.

Its bad news.. I wonder new macbook 2016 in sierra. If macbook with hd515 is good working, maybe i think we need to find something to fix this issues. Ex binary patch or etc..

Anyways, In october, we have to hope skylake macbookpro release.

Although, apple have chance kabylake macbookpro. Not yet include kabylake internal graphic driver in sierra.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 2

Update to Sierra GM, and once again everything went well in my x99 system. As always, it was what I expected. Just had to edit AppleGraphicsControl.kext and wi-fi ;)

I have done experiments in clover in order to "lose weight it" and I am surprised with the result. At this point, with Sierra my system boots always the first time without any KP and restarts, even without nullcpupm, fakecpuid, tscsync, SSDT... now in clover has only the basic and essential for the proper functioning of devices  :drool:  :thumbsup_anim:

post-1313347-0-78894300-1473715034_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-42594400-1473715037_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-83845700-1473715039_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-57456900-1473715041_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-25754800-1473715382_thumb.png

• Like 2

Update to Sierra GM, and once again everything went well in my x99 system. As always, it was what I expected. Just had to edit AppleGraphicsControl.kext and wi-fi ;)

I have done experiments in clover in order to "lose weight it" and I am surprised with the result. At this point, with Sierra my system boots always the first time without any KP and restarts, even without nullcpupm, fakecpuid, tscsync, SSDT... now in clover has only the basic and essential for the proper functioning of devices  :drool:  :thumbsup_anim:

Hi fergarth, 

That's great  :yes:

Do you mind sharing your Clover config.plist and any kexts used ?

I'm specially interested in the PCI devices identification. Did you use a tailored DSDT.aml file for your system or was it somehow generated/detected by Clover ?

Thanks/Obrigado.

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Hi fergarth, 

That's great  :yes:

Do you mind sharing your Clover config.plist and any kexts used ?

I'm specially interested in the PCI devices identification. Did you use a tailored DSDT.aml file for your system or was it somehow generated/detected by Clover ?

Thanks/Obrigado.

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Paulo, as I said, my system is now very stable. I do not know if it was this latest version of the Sierra, or if the changes I made both in clover as the bios board. What I know is that in all versions of PB Sierra, had some sporadic reboots and now with this GM never fails on startup and better performance. But this time, the speedstep is not working, the CPU is always in turbo mode and do not want it. With or without nullcpupowermanagement the speedstep does not work and I think it was due to having to change the BIOS configuration. I will review best and when is resolved say something  :)