[pre-releases] macOS Sierra

fantomas

724 posts in this topic

If you add up the memory used by "all processes" in activity monitor, you will end close to the amount displayed and all system tasks seem to be rather large.

So that's most likely ok.

Due to the beta status, the apps (in the widest sense), will contain additional checks and data and some will be compiled for debugging, so they will not be optimized yet.

If the GM has still such large apps, we can start to complain  :)

If you add up the memory used by "all processes" in activity monitor, you will end close to the amount displayed and all system tasks seem to be rather large.

So that's most likely ok.

Due to the beta status, the apps (in the widest sense), will contain additional checks and data and some will be compiled for debugging, so they will not be optimized yet.

If the GM has still such large apps, we can start to complain  :)

Is selected all processes.

n3Nmc1j.jpg

nVidia not working and Bluetooth got hosed... Still looking for the issue.

EDIT:  Haha no problem with Bluetooth, I had put my MBP on the desk to test and it snatched my mouse (oh my, feeling pretty stupid :rofl: )

Also, tired of screwing with nVidia drivers so the 970 is in the closet and running the 760... DP4 running nicely.

• Like 1

Straightforward update to DB4_16A270f on my Skylake NUC6i5SYH/i5-6260U/Iris540 and Clover r3650.

Realtek USB wireless (ASUS N10 RTL8188SU chipset) still working :).

post-846696-0-73546100-1470097420_thumb.png

EDIT for @Sherlocks

I wonder your system have artifact on left top menubar? Like black long square repeatly. What is your DVMT value?. I use skylaptop. But i have this case in sierra

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

No artifacts on my menubar.  My setup in post#40 of Clover config thread:

•     In BIOS Devices / Video set IGD Minimum Memory to 128 MB and IGD Aperture Size to 256 MB
  •     Intel Iris Graphics 540 (ID 0x19260004 injected with Clover)
  •     AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer patches in Clover's config.plist

Straightforward update to DB4_16A270f on my Skylake NUC6i5SYH/i5-6260U/Iris540 and Clover r3650.

Realtek USB wireless (ASUS N10

RTL8188SU chipset) still working :)

I wonder your system have artifact on left top menubar? Like black long square repeatly. What is your DVMT value?. I use skylaptop. But i have this case in sierra

i have the same prob on my skylake laptop but is beta version right ? i hope to fix that in the future.

Yes i also hope to fix this issue in the future. I just cofirm this case now. Its not clear. More DVMT Ram or Sierra bug... Not clear..

My dvmt value is higher than 32mb. So there is no problem about aritifacts in el capitian 10.11.5~6.

Only happen in sierra. I want to know happen in desktop or other skylaptop(have higher dmvt value)

How to update to DP4 if I have PB2?

Like this. Open terminal and write this command:

sudo /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --set-catalog https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.12seed-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz
  • Like 3

Like this. Open terminal and write this command:

sudo /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --set-catalog https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.12seed-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

Thanks, downloading  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2