Easy installation of El Capitan (10.11.5) in 5960X CPU!

297 posts in this topic

So I made a new sad disk, following the instructions to the letter or smaller.

Same problem...stops at [PCI .....] and then reboots.

I have tried most USB ports on my box, front and back.

Two things...

1) I am using an USB/OWC aurora ssd and the sad was a 256Gb removed from MacBook pro laptop...but all formatted and tested etc.

2) I did add the two broadcom kext which I think are not necessary? I also disabled wifi and BT in the BIOS (latest bios installed).

SO I remain at a loss but will keep plugging away...

hello, I have some problems with my configuration, especially when I turn off the computer often it does not turn on when I press the power button (as if it went into hibernation and it no longer able to wake ...)

Motherboard: Asus x99-e ws

CPU: i7-5820K

I was directed to this thread but I see that it is for the 5960x CPU.

What changes should I make for my CPU?

can you help me?

thank you

Hi Augustopaulo,

Thanks to your guide I was able to install 10.11.5 on a ssd and I was able to boot it in my system... at first. However, I am now stuck on step 9 of your guide try to get the Nvidia web drivers to work. Once installed I cannot boot back into the system, unless I change nvda_drv=1 to nv_disable=1 in Clover.... Do you have any idea on how to fix this??

My specs are listed here:

5960x

Rampage V Extreme 

Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti

G.Skill 2400mhz DDR4 64GB

Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

Hi Augustopaulo,

Thanks to your guide I was able to install 10.11.5 on a ssd and I was able to boot it in my system... at first. However, I am now stuck on step 9 of your guide try to get the Nvidia web drivers to work. Once installed I cannot boot back into the system, unless I change nvda_drv=1 to nv_disable=1 in Clover.... Do you have any idea on how to fix this??

My specs are listed here:

5960x

Rampage V Extreme

Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti

G.Skill 2400mhz DDR4 64GB

Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

where does it get stuck? If you're using the macpro6,1 smbios you will need to modify applegraphicsdevicepolicy otherwise you'll end up with a black screen.
  • Like 1

Hi Jamiethemorris. I after installing nvidia web driver and cuda and hit restart after enabling the web driver from the menubar. I will need to restart for it to take effect. But it will go into black screen like u mentioned. So how do I modify the applegraphicsdevicepolicy? And tips, guides, or links?

Appreciate if u can help.

Hi Jamiethemorris. I after installing nvidia web driver and cuda and hit restart after enabling the web driver from the menubar. I will need to restart for it to take effect. But it will go into black screen like u mentioned. So how do I modify the applegraphicsdevicepolicy? And tips, guides, or links?

Appreciate if u can help.

Hi saijohn, 

When you installed the "AppleGraphicsControl.kext" on step 5 (through the "KCPM Pro.app") you're already installing a modified version of its internal "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext" already changed value "Config2" into "0", for a board-id=Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 in its .plist definition file - So some step might have been missed... :(

Explanation:

your GPU will not to send a proper video signal to your monitor (black screen) at boot while using the MacPro6,1 (Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 board-id) definitions.

The full path is:

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Solution:

1st Solution: Just launch "Kext Utility.app" again and after it finishes, drag-and-drop the "AppleGraphicsControl.kext" (provided by me), let it finish and reboot

2nd Solution: Google for "AGDPfix.app" and run it, will do the same action. Reboot

How many video boards do you have ? 1 or 2 ?

Boa sorte,

Paulo

• Like 1

Dear augustopaulo i will never end to bless you for this guide :)

But i0m havig issues with thunderboltex 2 card....in my previous installation with Yosemite i had an osxaptiofixdrv-64 file modded to work with thunderbolt and avoid memory problems. But if i put in clover my old osxaptio it doesn't work...

can someone help me?

hello, I have some problems with my configuration, especially when I turn off the computer often it does not turn on when I press the power button (as if it went into hibernation and it no longer able to wake ...)

Motherboard: Asus x99-e ws

CPU: i7-5820K

I was directed to this thread but I see that it is for the 5960x CPU.

What changes should I make for my CPU?

can you help me?

thank you

I'm sure that someone will help you if you post on a thread relevant to your processor. Please don't post about Intel 5820K on a 5960X thread, it's like posting about help for a Toyota on a Ferrari thread, just because they both are cars don't mean they work the same and you are just spamming.

can someone help me?

hi guys, 2 problems. 

1) USB 3.0 doesn't seem to be working. in System Report it's saying that anything I have plugged into the 3.0 ports is only registering as USB 2.0.

can you help me out? wondering if i didn't disable SIP correctly. that part was really unclear. I noticed KCPM Utility has a bunch of SIP settings but i'm not sure what they should be set to. there's a bunch of options. 

2) Sound. I installed the AppleHDA kext but sound isn't working. 

Thanks to this guide, my 5960X machine is running El Cap almost better than Yosemite! i just need to fix these few VERY important things for a perfect installation!

you're right, I apologize, I thought it was something faster. I will open a new thread soon. thanks! ;-)

I'm sure that someone will help you if you post on a thread relevant to your processor. Please don't post about Intel 5820K on a 5960X thread, it's like posting about help for a Toyota on a Ferrari thread, just because they both are cars don't mean they work the same and you are just spamming.

• Like 1

OK, so o guess I got my black screening resolved... Sort of. Turns out that since I have 2 gpus in my system, once it boots into the desktop it switches to the bottom card as primary display. And this seems to be consistent. Is there anyway I can change it back so the top gpu is the primary? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Consistency Issues - so i got everything working perfectly, and booting from NVME SSD. but it's not consistent. it will boot up successfully once for every 10 times it doesn't. 

trying to figure out why. i'm wondering if there's either something i can do in Clover Config, or if there's a kext i should add, delete, or get a better copy of. i used the ones provided in this tutorial (except for the NVME one)

Hi nmano, 

Great, great advice, thank you!!  :yes:

My CPU scores have jumped high, have a look below:

attachicon.gifSem nome 2.jpg

AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext is loaded and all CPUs flatline at 4.5Ghz under full load!  :drool:

I'll keep trying a bit more on BIOS settings...

Boa sorte,

Paulo

excuse me augustopaulo and nmano;

I've added nullcpupowermanagement.kext and is loaded.

I've changed the value

KernelAndKextPatches-->FakeCPUID=0x0306E4 inside clover config.plist

remove -xcpm in the bootargs

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is not loaded (i wonder why) and my geek bench score is still low.

you confirm the bios settings as in the pictures included in your zipped file or i'm missing something?

thanx for your time

excuse me augustopaulo and nmano;

I've added nullcpupowermanagement.kext and is loaded.

I've changed the value

KernelAndKextPatches-->FakeCPUID=0x0306E4 inside clover config.plist

remove -xcpm in the bootargs

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is not loaded (i wonder why) and my geek bench score is still low.

you confirm the bios settings as in the pictures included in your zipped file or i'm missing something?

thanx for your time

try turning off p-states

if you mean disable speed step...already flagged.

no more than 22000 geek bench 64, even with augustopaolo bios settings with cpu multiplier fixed to 45

At the beginning i had your same "problem with Geekbench. Check in bios if C states under Advanced\CPU Configuration\CPU Power Management (if i remember well) C states menu are enabled, and in config.plist uncheck "generate pstates" 

At the beginning i had your same "problem with Geekbench. Check in bios if C states under Advanced\CPU Configuration\CPU Power Management (if i remember well) C states menu are enabled, and in config.plist uncheck "generate pstates" 

drop to 17000. this drive me crazy.

config.plist pstates marked false and bios with disabled speed step and enabled turbo...where is the hole?

drop to 17000. this drive me crazy.

config.plist pstates marked false and bios with disabled speed step and enabled turbo...where is the hole?

Check if in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\ you have fakesmc, nullCPUPowerManagement and VoodooTSCSync kexts.

Check if in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\ you have fakesmc, nullCPUPowerManagement and VoodooTSCSync kexts.

according to augustopaulo guide only fakesmc is inside EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\.

by the way nullCPUPowerManagement and VoodooTSCSync kexts are loaded (checked) from s/l/e.

the not loaded kext is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and i wonder if the problem is that

any idea?

A scheme with bios+flag+kext from strong geek benched  user with augustopaulo method? thanx any to every one for your replay, jamiethemorris and thenightflyer in primis and clearly to augustopaulo for the guide

according to augustopaulo guide only fakesmc is inside EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\.

by the way nullCPUPowerManagement and VoodooTSCSync kexts are loaded (checked) from s/l/e.

the not loaded kext is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and i wonder if the problem is that

any idea?

A scheme with bios+flag+kext from strong geek benched  user with augustopaulo method? thanx any to every one for your replay, jamiethemorris and thenightflyer in primis and clearly to augustopaulo for the guide

I use same augustopaulo's bios settings, same config.plist (except i removed DDR4 infos) and kexts. Try putting AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in clover ef kexts dir and check again...i repeat i had the same problem and after augustopaulo's post where he suggested me to use those files (unfortunately the message was deleted by fourm's fault of 2 weeks ago!) i was able to have an high score on geekbench.

I use same augustopaulo's bios settings, same config.plist (except i removed DDR4 infos) and kexts. Try putting AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in clover ef kexts dir and check again...i repeat i had the same problem and after augustopaulo's post where he suggested me to use those files (unfortunately the message was deleted by fourm's fault of 2 weeks ago!) i was able to have an high score on geekbench.

Hi Nightflyer. It's good seeing you over here as well. It would be nice if you can post those files that augustopaulo suggested.... if you even recall the necessary files and procedures. 

Thanks in advance

still in misery.

this my boot args:

kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 -xcpm npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 (tried with and without -xcpm)

appleintelpowermanagment not loaded (?)

in bios settings my boot/secureboot/key managment got all the values on loaded...this means something? how can i clean all the values? is it safe?

plz help