Easy installation of El Capitan (10.11.5) in 5960X CPU!

297 posts in this topic

still in misery.

this my boot args:

kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 -xcpm npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 (tried with and without -xcpm)

appleintelpowermanagment not loaded (?)

in bios settings my boot/secureboot/key managment got all the values on loaded...this means something? how can i clean all the values? is it safe?

plz help

did you use the fakecpuid? My scores were really low without that.

still in misery.

this my boot args:

kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 -xcpm npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 (tried with and without -xcpm)

appleintelpowermanagment not loaded (?)

in bios settings my boot/secureboot/key managment got all the values on loaded...this means something? how can i clean all the values? is it safe?

plz help

To remove keys go to boot/secure boot/key management and click/press enter on delete pk, delete db etc. Press enter on every voice with delete word.

Hi Nightflyer. It's good seeing you over here as well. It would be nice if you can post those files that augustopaulo suggested.... if you even recall the necessary files and procedures. 

Thanks in advance

The guide is complete as posted by augustopaulo...there is nothing else to add. I just added those 3 Kexts in clover, set fakecpuid as suggested by nmano, disabled xcpupm in clover and everything changed to high geekbench value

To remove keys go to boot/secure boot/key management and click/press enter on delete pk, delete db etc. Press enter on every voice with delete word.

The guide is complete as posted by augustopaulo...there is nothing else to add. I just added those 3 Kexts in clover, set fakecpuid as suggested by nmano, disabled xcpupm in clover and everything changed to high geekbench value

nothing to do. still slow.

who knows the reason at this point  :(

NightFlyer, could you please post/attach the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.Kext? Cant find the kext anywhere... Thanks 

I use same augustopaulo's bios settings, same config.plist (except i removed DDR4 infos) and kexts. Try putting AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in clover ef kexts dir and check again...i repeat i had the same problem and after augustopaulo's post where he suggested me to use those files (unfortunately the message was deleted by fourm's fault of 2 weeks ago!) i was able to have an high score on geekbench.

Not sure, I just saw you mention it in one of your posts. that's why I was asking. Anyways, thanks for all the help and will report back if there's any issues.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hello,

I did another method installation (installing on SSD from my rMBP) after some troubleshooting my GPU is working, nvme SSD working but not bootable (?) CPU working however have low score for 32bit around 20,000, WIFI looks working OK need more testing , BT recognized but cannot find any device (searching circle), USB 3 not working (ASMedia), any chance for USB 3.1?

I am writing here because another member advised me to install fakecpuid and nullcpu kexts however I cannot find them for X99 can someone please zip them and share it with me? 

As for the BT and USB3 I will use your kexts to try out.

Thanks!

One more thing:

No sleep (only black screen) restart and shutdown someway look slow to me... 

I deleted from S/L/E stock BT drivers IOXXXX something for BT that cause my system to stuck on PCI configuration is that recommended ? 

Also my RAM banks show only 2 when I have 4 banks...

Edited by ergot

Consistency Issues - so i got everything working perfectly, and booting from NVME SSD. but it's not consistent. it will boot up successfully once for every 10 times it doesn't. 

trying to figure out why. i'm wondering if there's either something i can do in Clover Config, or if there's a kext i should add, delete, or get a better copy of. i used the ones provided in this tutorial (except for the NVME one)

Hi Kobe80 have you managed to work out NVME?

I did installation on normal SSD the CCC to NVME once I boot I can see in clover the drive but stuck on PCI configuration every boot...I have the kext in kext folder in clover should it be placed also on SLE?

Hi Kobe80 have you managed to work out NVME?

I did installation on normal SSD the CCC to NVME once I boot I can see in clover the drive but stuck on PCI configuration every boot...I have the kext in kext folder in clover should it be placed also on SLE?

Did you try to boot with NV_Disable=1

Hello,

I did another method installation (installing on SSD from my rMBP) after some troubleshooting my GPU is working, nvme SSD working but not bootable (?) CPU working however have low score for 32bit around 20,000, WIFI looks working OK need more testing , BT recognized but cannot find any device (searching circle), USB 3 not working (ASMedia), any chance for USB 3.1?

I am writing here because another member advised me to install fakecpuid and nullcpu kexts however I cannot find them for X99 can someone please zip them and share it with me? 

As for the BT and USB3 I will use your kexts to try out.

Thanks!

One more thing:

No sleep (only black screen) restart and shutdown someway look slow to me... 

I deleted from S/L/E stock BT drivers IOXXXX something for BT that cause my system to stuck on PCI configuration is that recommended ? 

Also my RAM banks show only 2 when I have 4 banks...

I want to correct one thing:

fakecpuid now I understand what it is, what is the number for xeon CPU? should I use the same as I7 or according to this site:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-architecture-and-processor-identification-with-cpuid-model-and-family-numbers

I want to correct one thing:

fakecpuid now I understand what it is, what is the number for xeon CPU? should I use the same as I7 or according to this site:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-architecture-and-processor-identification-with-cpuid-model-and-family-numbers

IOCPUNumber depends how many cores have your cpu, so for example:

16 core = 31
12 core = 23
8 core = 15
6 core = 11
4 core = 7
Set it editing VoodooTSCSync info.plist and set it according to your cpu model, in your case a xeon.
  • Like 3

I also have a Xeon CPU 'X5550', well....2 of them in my motherboard and reboots/shutdowns are quite slow.

I think for me, it might have to do with unmounting. Unmounting seems to take longer than on my AMD hack.

I use the ICH10 south bridge. Also CPUPowerManagement seems to work fine under Clover with 10.11.5.

On Chameleon I had problems with it and had to use nullcpupowermanagement. I'm sure my system isn't optimized for Speed Step, but I'm currently asking Pike about it, since his SSDTPRGen doesn't support dual Xeon cpus at the moment.

Hi thenightflyer is VoodooTSCSync still needed for X99 10.11.5 Xeon CPU?

I have the cpu running with all 12 cores no problem...I did ask in the forum and I've been told there is no need

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312644-voodootscsync-for-xeon-cpu/

Can you clear this for me please?

Thanks

If other users of course more expert than me told you that you don't need it so don't put it...and so if your system works well without don't install it.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, 

Apologies  :blush:

Been away from this thread, but now I'm back and will try to answer/help in all posts  :yes:

First things first, let me try to recover some of the posts that were lost when Insanelymac crashed (a few weeks back):

post-105782-0-98169900-1467448536_thumb.png

post-105782-0-48403100-1467448521_thumb.png

post-105782-0-11916300-1467448523_thumb.png

post-105782-0-93994000-1467448524_thumb.png

post-105782-0-22757800-1467448528_thumb.png

post-105782-0-46167200-1467448531_thumb.png

post-105782-0-96549400-1467448534_thumb.png

For "Sem nome 6.png" files mentioned, I've recreated them and are attached below:

Arquivo Comprimido.zipconfig.plist.zip

Boa sorte,

Paulo

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, need some help from you guys.

Last week my system was working. This week it took a dump on me. Bootloop.

And just goes back to clover over and over. The last thing I did was updated itunes. But dont think that can coz it.

Is there anything I can do to recover it? or should I just try to reinstall from scratch?

And anyone here running on the latest Asus Bios 3202?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone, need some help from you guys.

Last week my system was working. This week it took a dump on me. Bootloop.

And just goes back to clover over and over. The last thing I did was updated itunes. But dont think that can coz it.

Is there anything I can do to recover it? or should I just try to reinstall from scratch?

And anyone here running on the latest Asus Bios 3202?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Saijohn, 

I've had that a few times (but managed to recover by using Clover Single User mode or using recovery tools from another cloned installation), even the horrible "File System Check Exit Code 8" (sorted by "fsck_hfs -r -d /dev/diskXsY" terminal command)...

Can you post a photo or the boot log ?

If not, at least try to get into single user mode during Clover boot (press Space on boot disk or use "-s" in clover boot arguments) and then execute following commands:

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
touch /System/Library/Extensions
exit

This will try to recover the filesystem and rebuild the kernel cache.

Boa sorte,

Paulo

• Like 1

Hi Augustopaulo,

Thanks for your reply. I just managed to find time and revive my system. However, I wasnt able to to use your suggested method. 

When I try to get into single user mode during Clover boot, it still goes into bootloop....

Therefore, I took the SSD out and connected it thru USB to my Macbook Pro.

Placed the two new kexts and new config.plist which you posted.

Rebuilt the permissions and cache with kext utility pro and it is working again.

Anyways just want to ask you again, I have 2 GTX 980 Ti. Whenever I boot my system I need to plug-in both DVI to HDMI and Displayport. Otherwise the following happens:

If only DVI to HDMI is connected = Black Screen (no video)

If only Displayport is connected = Black Screen (no video)

If both Displayport and DVI to HDMI is connected = Displayport works perfectly & DVI to HDMI has screen flickering

If you know how to fix this please let me know. As I may have mentioned before, its not a big deal but kinda dont want all this cable cluttering. 

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Augustopaulo

thank you for this nice guide!

i am having some issues after following your guide - 

​At the beginning BT was working, however after few restarts i am having boot problem and it getting stuck in IOBLXXXXX messages, when removing the 2 BT kexts (apple kexts) i can boot the hack...

WIFI is working however under network pref i see 2 WIFI and one ethernet...should be 2 ethernet and 1 WIFI...minor issue for now

Speed test - multi core on 64bit is around 23000 which i think is too low - what idid:

remove DSDT (probably set for your CPU)

adding Nullcpu and VoodooTSCSync changing number to 23 (my CPU have 12 cores)

nothing helps.

Sleep - well...after bed time story :) it go to sleep but wake up right away.

USB 3 - we have similar MB I am guessing the same controller (maybe not the same amount of ports) is not seems to work...work as USB 2  update for USB - connecting external USB shows correct speed... :) (am i right?)

Can you please help me to figure out where is my problem?

Which file do you need from my hack?

By the way, is that OK?

Gain some more score....

ADD FakeCPUID to plist, remove P states...

Anything else to tweak? :)

post-474300-0-78178900-1468038273_thumb.png

post-474300-0-42055200-1468038285_thumb.png

post-474300-0-30742700-1468038292_thumb.png

post-474300-0-71822800-1468038629_thumb.png

post-474300-0-38003700-1468040116_thumb.png

post-474300-0-52179800-1468041894_thumb.png

Hi Augustopaulo,

Thanks for your reply. I just managed to find time and revive my system. However, I wasnt able to to use your suggested method. 

When I try to get into single user mode during Clover boot, it still goes into bootloop....

Therefore, I took the SSD out and connected it thru USB to my Macbook Pro.

Placed the two new kexts and new config.plist which you posted.

Rebuilt the permissions and cache with kext utility pro and it is working again.

Anyways just want to ask you again, I have 2 GTX 980 Ti. Whenever I boot my system I need to plug-in both DVI to HDMI and Displayport. Otherwise the following happens:

If only DVI to HDMI is connected = Black Screen (no video)

If only Displayport is connected = Black Screen (no video)

If both Displayport and DVI to HDMI is connected = Displayport works perfectly & DVI to HDMI has screen flickering

If you know how to fix this please let me know. As I may have mentioned before, its not a big deal but kinda dont want all this cable cluttering. 

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Saijohn,

The solution you've used (MBP) is also my last solution whenever the filesystem is so corrupt in the hackintosh you're trying to boot from...

Unfortunately I don't have a 2nd GPU, but googling around I did find some very useful information.

Unfortunately again, this forum prohibits links to the *OTHER* forum, so, I'll just ask you to google for: "SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection" and then read post 1 & 2 and follow from post 3 instructions... :P

Boa sorte

Paulo

• Like 2