AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

@devillived666

again, IRQ fixes !!!

When using SSDTTime script number 1 (HPETFix), the IRQ conflicts and the patches are also displayed in the terminal. Note these patches and integrate them into OC config.plist.

Example from my laptop:

IRQ_Patches.png.92739d9822bcec96fb24d09d629071d5.png

@0xd1ab10

The M93p tiny has only two front connections (input / output).
All IDs with internal speakers have no effect for you.
Your front output works with headphones or external speakers.

Edited by MacPeet

1 hour ago, MacPeet said:

@devillived666

again, IRQ fixes !!!

When using SSDTTime script number 1 (HPETFix), the IRQ conflicts and the patches are also displayed in the terminal. Note these patches and integrate them into OC config.plist.

Example from my laptop:

IRQ_Patches.png.92739d9822bcec96fb24d09d629071d5.png

@0xd1ab10

The M93p tiny has only two front connections (input / output).
All IDs with internal speakers have no effect for you.
Your front output works with headphones or external speakers.

I got mine working by adding an aml for codec commander . I did merge those irq fixes when using the ssdt script (did option c ) but it didn't get the microphone working. Also redid device properties. One of the two things I did worked. Thanks! 

On 8/17/2020 at 5:39 AM, Rakuun said:

I get the exact same thing.  ALCS1200A with Lilu, AppleALC and Opencore 0.6.0.

Hi all.

I have some problems to get audio work in Asrock Z490m-ITX/ac. According to info reported i have this audio codec:

Codecs Detecteds:

Vendor: ONBOARD
Name: 
Codec: 0x10ec0b00

(AppleHDA)	Realtek (Unknown) (10ec:0b00) Rev.(00100001)
		Controller 8086:a170 (sub-ven:1849:1204)

So, according this, the mobo has Realtek ALCS1200. But if I add different layout-id i never got audio to work.

But if i Fake ID with FakePCII to 8086:1a70 i get audio in rear connector but never over HDMI.

Please, anyone knows how solve it? ALCS1200 is supported by AppleALC

@0xd1ab10

every desktop computer has an internal mini speaker for setup bios messages. These are hardly useful for good audio

Your Codec_Dump shows internal speakers on nodes 20-12-2 and HP on nodes 33-13-3, just like with my codecs ID15 and ID16 in SwitchMode. These are for Lenovo laptops.
The nodes and also EAPD of ID15 / 16 have no difference to your dump.
If the external connection is plugged in, the internal connection does not work (SwitchMode). Have you checked this yet?
In any case, your nodes are the same as with my ID's and other ID's.

Dear @vandroiy2012

I've tested last AppleALC 1.5.1 and partially works in Asrock Z490m-ITX/ac.

I've tested the different layouts and partially work. With nothing connected only DisplayPort, i only get sound trough rear output (no DP, in fact is not recognized and no front output). Check screenshot

If I unplug and connect in front output, no sound. 

If i boot with headphones connected in front output, (MIDI app recognize as headphones) and get sound, but if unplug and connect in rear output, no sound.

VoodooHDA works correctly in analog output. I can plug in rear output and then in front input and continue working. DisplayPort output is not working.

If extracted codec_dump from linux, but my knowledge to construct new layout is very very limited. Is there any guide? 

code_dump.txt

code_dump2.txt

@MacPeet

I managed to get all inputs working correctly on my Zbook G5 (CX8400 codec) and they automatically switch on plug detect (using codec commander for the external headset mic noise)

Headphone out works perfectly!

The speaker out... that's the problem

I have 2 test partitions, with different versions of Mojave, in one version, the speaker out "works" but is really loud, and I have to keep the volume really low on my system settings, and it sounds like gain is moving around randomly. I suspect dsp loudness is being used by the system and can't find a way to bypass it on my custom layouts.

On the other Mojave test install, speaker gain is correct but the output works for 10 seconds then silence. If I switch back to headphone out and then back to speaker it works again for 10 sec... then again silence.

All system settings: Mute, volume, mic noise reduction and plug detect all work.

In my test layout I've kept inputs on a switched plug configuration and they work perfectly. For the outputs, I tried to use a switched output layout but can't get sound out of the speaker, the headphone out works perfectly, but if I unplug the headphone, the system switches to speaker, but silence. no errors though, the system believes everything is working, but there is no sound.

I read your guide for creating custom ALC and you mention that for switched layout you need a 3rd node for selector switch, but I can't for the life of me find out witch node to use, and I've tried so many options on my tests, I can't find what to use, and the result is always silence or no output device found.

I'm sure it must be a simple thing, but I've spend days trying different layouts, configurations, pins, etc... and I need help.

I believe that once the switched plug output works for both speaker and headphone, the speaker problems may still exist, and I believe the culprit could be dsp being used, and the next thing is to find out how to disable/bypass these "enhancements".

Thanks!!

Edit---

Found out the battery patch SSDT is the one causing my audio problems.

If I create a new fake EC and keep the laptop's EC0 as such, applealc works as expected. But battery information does not.

If I rename EC0->EC and apply the patch to get battery info working, speaker out behaves erratically,  sometimes silence after a few seconds, sometimes no audio after sleep, sometimes all good, etc...

Edited by hugodlc
Found culprit

Dear @MacPeet and guys,

I have dump codec my desktop. It's Realtek ALC262 with this info

- Codec: Realtek ALC262
- Address: 0
- Vendor Id: 0x10ec0262
- Subsystem Id: 0x103c130a
- Revision Id: 0x100202

- My PC is HP Workstation Z600 (Xeon X5675)

I see this codec is support from AppleALC (https://github.com/acidanthera/applealc/wiki/supported-codecs)

I using layout 28, the HDA driver loaded, I can see device in Ouput and Input (System Preference > Audio). But I can hear anything.

I have checked HDAF at IORegistry. I saw revision-id is wrong (0x0000) and alc-pinconfig-status=false. Similar I use Hackintool and saw revision id = 0x0000 (my Revision Id is 0x100202).

Could you please support me explain this issue.

Thanks,

Huy

card0codec0.txt

Hi,
ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd Laptop.

MacOS Catalina

Audio Codec: CONEXANT
CX 11771-11Z

the sound card does not work.

I checked:
- VoodooHDA.kext
- AppleALC.kext

Any chance to run audio on this codec?

If so, can you help?

798335020_Zrzutekranu2020-08-26o13_32_43.thumb.png.17c1a32e93f018a73464dd4a99d47c18.png

Edited by KoVol_

Hello,

I got a Lenovo ThinkCentre m90n recently.

I tested both Catalina and Big Sur.

The audio codec is very weird:

In Windows and Linux the name is ALC233. However in Mac its ALC235 due to its real device ID: 10EC:0235. Maybe Lenovo did some dirty hack in the firmware.

I have tested all layout ids for ALC 235. Layout 11 is kinda working. The problem is the headphone and the speaker can not exist at the same time.

If I boot without 3.5mm plugged in, the system can only see the speaker, and the headphone can not be recognized.

If I boot with 3.5mm plugged in, the system can only see the headphone, even if I unplug the headphone.

I've also tried to compile AppleALC myself with the exact pinconfig but still no luck.

Also, audio via DP is not available although I followed the tutorial (HDEF, onboard-1)

This is way beyond my knowledge, and no more resources available online.

EDIT: I checked in linux and the audio device is switching. If I plug in the headphone, the speaker disappears, vice versa.

Thanks.

Edited by xuegy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use this method on my Acer S3-391-6046 and it works nicely in Catalina.

However, I think that I have a resource conflict that I don't know how to solve, and I hope you can help me.

Ever since I installed these kexts, the wifi card started misbehaving randomly. I noticed the problem from the very moment I installed these kexts, because the wifi connection went off.

What I did was, I finished configuring the audio, and then reinstalled the wifi card's kexts. It is an Atheros 9462, which contrary to what is read in several places, it works like a charm applying these kexts: ATH9KInjector and IO80211Family_ATH.

Most of the times both work pretty well on boot. However, when the wifi card stops working, there's no way of bringing it back on, other than rebooting and reinstalling its kexts, at which point it works again as expected.

I suspect a resource conflict. An IRQ conflict probably.

Would you please guide me in diagnosing the problem so I can fix it?

Regards

Dear all,
I have a support request for my lenovo yoga slim 7,
It is using an intel i7 1065g and running big sur beta 7.

The last release of AppleALC added the codec 287 which is not working.
I had try to fix them without result.
Perhaps someone could help to fix them? 

Attached my codecdump from linux and my currently ioreg file,

How described on last release I tried layout 11 under device properties in oc.

best Regards, Dan

alc.txtl enovoslim7.zip

Spoiler

slim7.thumb.jpg.37fe8de88d54371df5e820a818d9fac1.jpg

Edited by thefiredragon

Hi

I am trying to create a layout for a dell 7390 2 in 1. In linux it is showing as an ALC289, which has 2 layouts 11 and 23 already. Layout 11 looks like it is working so the volume goes up and down but there is no sound and the microphone shows levels so that looks like that is working. I have created a codec dump and a graphic diagram. I am a bit stuck looking at the diagram to figure out the flow as the only constant blue line through is the internal mic. Would someone be able to give me some pointers on how to figure out which path I should be using and how to create the xml path info file? Files are attached.

Thanks

ALC289_codec_dump_txt_converts.zip

Or another question, how I could bring up a own resources folder, pin config I could generate with the pin configurator, is there an other documentation instead of the GitHub page?

My codec is already listet but not working, my default layout id is 7 instead of 3 perhaps this is the reason and I had read I would need to bring up an own codec.

nice to know would be which files I need to edit or create before I take a own build 

so we have on resources folder the info.plist platforms.plist and layout.plist also I now that values there are in base64 and need to be readable Converted to hex or decimal values .

I only do not now how to compare the right informations from my dump , 

codec is listed under 287 are correct pin list are wrong but it’s not loading correctly.

under hackintook I can also the that min and max kernel values are not set when apple alc is loading with layout is 11

thanks perhaps someone could help here to make this more clear to understand for me

best regards 

Dan

On 9/18/2020 at 7:56 PM, Jestera1 said:

Hi

I am trying to create a layout for a dell 7390 2 in 1. In linux it is showing as an ALC289, which has 2 layouts 11 and 23 already. Layout 11 looks like it is working so the volume goes up and down but there is no sound and the microphone shows levels so that looks like that is working. I have created a codec dump and a graphic diagram. I am a bit stuck looking at the diagram to figure out the flow as the only constant blue line through is the internal mic. Would someone be able to give me some pointers on how to figure out which path I should be using and how to create the xml path info file? Files are attached.

Thanks

ALC289_codec_dump_txt_converts.zip

The XPS 15 9500 has almost the same ALC289 as yours (diff your codec dump with mine) but a little different to the Alienware m17 r2. The Alienware has an extra external interface (HDMI 2.0 port) which is missing on ours. I have a different problem with layout 11 - both mic and builtin speakers work, but there's a high CPU load on one of the cores. I suspect it's because it has an extra output that we don't support, which may also contribute to the problem you're facing.

I'm stuck at the part where we're supposed to correct the verb data. I can't work out which octet I'm supposed to zero out its lower nibble.

EDIT: The major differences are:

Node 0x12  

Pin Default 0xb7a60130: [Fixed] Mic at Oth Mobile-In

Node 0x1d

Pin Default 0x03211020: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Left

codec_dump0.txt

EDIT2: Tried headkaze/PinConfigurator. Attached verbs.txt. Need some help figuring out what I need to do next with the xml zlib compressed files.

verbs.txt

Edited by zachs78

I have installed macOS Catalina (10.15.7) on a Dell XPS 13 9300 and I'm trying to get the audio working.

Hardware & Software configuration:

CPU: Intel Core i7-1065G7 (Ice Lake)

GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics

RAM: 32GB

Disk: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe SSD

Bootloader: OpenCore 0.6.1

SystemProductName: MacBookAir9,1

The OS loads properly but the audio output from the internal speakers does not work.

I am using AppleALC. The codec is Realtek ALC289. There are two available layout ids in AppleALC and I have tried them both. I have better luck with layout id 11 (0B) as it appears to load and shows both the internal speakers and internal microphone.

The microphone registers sounds in Sound Preferences, but there is no output from the speakers at all. As a result, video does not play either. If I connect to an Airplay Display, then both audio and video work.

I have tried adding SSDT-HPET just in case there are any IRQ conflicts with the audio device, but it made no difference.

I have attached the codec info from Ubuntu so that maybe some kind soul can add this as a new layout id for ALC289 for Dell XPS 13 9300.

Dell XPS 13 9300 - codec0.txt

1893459230_ScreenShot-Microphone.png.ce4b4cb7a35de2c067956de924d3f54f.png1906184565_ScreenShot-Speakers.png.c0320f8924d4fc0a65fbd1655be4b493.png

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Prior to updating to 10.15.7, I was able to get clean audio out of all of my soundcard outputs. Now I get a cyclic type buzz which appears to follow onscreen activity (moving sliders, windows and mouse presses for example).

The issue lies somewhere from the macos software output to applications input as the signal shown on macos sound preferences is clean. Also, listening to software audio sources via the same outputs does not produce the same issue and sound is output correctly. I should point out that sound sources from the physical inputs can be heard as well as the buzz at the outputs.

Any ideas on how I could correct this issue? Is this likely to be a kext update issue?

I have tried adding HDAS to HDEF and injecting various Audio IDs for my motherboard to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by mdiamond

HP Pavilion 15-AC190nia OpenCore Catalina 15.6
ALC282 (10ec:0282)
0x100003, layout 3, 4, 13, 22, 27, 28, 29, 41, 43, 51, 76, 86, 127 (tried them all, none work, attachments are with 3)

Did exactly as Dortania.github.io said but I can't find proper layout id to set in config.plist .
I tried setting alcid in bootargs to all of above but none work.

opencore boot log, efi folder, info.plist, debug log as instructed in GitHub alc page also attached.

EFI.zip

Info.plist

Log as in github.txt

opencore-2020-09-28-175000.txt

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.37.06 PM.png

Hardware Configuartion

Dell 7390 

CPU: Intel Core I7-i7-1065G7

Opencore 0.6.1

Existing layout 11 seems to have audio working but no sound. I have created the codec graph and worked through the AppleALC tutorial for creating a custom layout, in my case Layout 99. I have adjusted the verbs using guidance from the tutorial and created a layout with a mixer for input and no mixer for output. Putting the verbs into PinConfig.kext and adding entries for the layouts I can only get as far as getting a hiss coming through on headphones. It registers the headphone port switch  when plugged in and creates a hiss but still no actual audio out from internal speakers or the headphones. I'm a bit stuck as to whether the issue is with my manually adjusted PinConfig.Kext or the platform.xml values for MuteInputAmp, PublishMute, PublishVolume and VolumeInputAmp. Node 0x1b is an an input and output amp so I'm not sure if that should be used for both or output only.

I have attached my working files in the hope someone can point me in the right direction. I would like to understand where I'm going wrong (or maybe right).

Thanks

ACL289-dell-7390-i7-1065G7.zip