AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,375 posts in this topic

@MacPeet

I tried both kexts, first shows 2 outputs, although second one outputs no sound. Sound is mute. When I create multiple output on MIDI config (like you showed in earlier post) I cannot control the volume when using multiple output device, but still no subwoofer.

Also, using first output (the one working) sounds seems to come out half way volume up. Like the slider works only half up.

Attaching a screen capture of settings showing up in first kext:

Second kext, sound is super broken. Sound stutters, like, super glitchy. Only one output showing up in settings.

Captura de Pantalla 2020-05-17 a la(s) 14.46.36.png

Edited by EmiZanotti

Hello everyone! I have a little problem, I can not enable DSP. I tried all layouts for my mobo. Modified pinconfig by myself. Nothing worked. Can you please tell me, where is my mistake. 

Specs:

mobo: Asus q170t

codec: alc 887 0x10ec0887

layout 50

pinconfig for now:

01471c10 01471d40 01471e11 01471f01 01b71c20 01b71d40 01b71e21 01b71f02 01871c40 01871d90 01871e80 01871f01 01971c50 01971d90 01971ea0 01971f92

I swapped Line in and Mic, because I need front panel to be headphones and mic, for facetime.

Appreciate any help, thank you)

Edited by in0rg3

@macpeet

Im not sure if appleALC controls bluetooth audio, but I have found that in addition to headphone "audio line in port" not working, bluetooth microphones also do not work.

Also, using your layout 15 I have found that I no longer need to use ALCPlugFix, so thank you for fixing that !

Edited by Alectardy98

Hi everyone 
after searching for days and trying all the alcid=x in boot-args to have my spdif out passthrough encoded digital a udio to my receiver
i even paid to elmedia player that have functionality to passthrough dts and ac3 through spdif that only have 2 channels now and it didn't passthrough and i believe its all about my applealc/applehda or some other configurations. 
please help me to get the proper sound from my receiver and enjoy surround sound like it should be
thanks in advance
Eric.

gigabyte z390 pro
alc 1220-vb

catalina 10.15.4
opencore 0.5.8
applealc 1.4.9
applehda 283.15
alcid=34 in boot-args
tried all this layouts = 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 16, 21, 27, 28, 29, 34

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 23.06.15.png

@Alectardy98

appleALC is not responsible for bluetooth audio
the fault with you has another cause

yes, ALCPlugFix no longer necessary with ID15

I will look at Mic again in the next few days

@EmiZanotti

(trial1)
The coupling of the two internal speakers in MidiSetup makes no sense if both internal speakers do not output any sound.

(trial2)
In the second Kext I tried to connect the connections directly in AppleALC, which apparently does not work.

Edited by MacPeet
  • Like 1

@macpeet

Thank you for looking into this for me. I will look for another thread to fix my bluetooth issue. When you look into it, also can you look into the mute button? The mute button shows on screen but does not mute audio. This is not a big deal becuse I can just turn volume down but if its any easy fix please add it.  Thank you again!

@MacPeet

Yeah, i figured. I did it because you explained to do so before, but when the second internal speaker was only the subwoofer, which in my case there is no output at all. I've been using your layout since then, and works totally fine like others layouts, but no sound on second output

Hi 
i want to patch my alc 1220-vb (gigabyte z390 pro) to work perfectly and let me output with my spdif - passthrough  of dts and dolby with 5.1 channels and i've tried all the alcid=X in
boot-args and nothing had changed
what can i do where should i go
thank you.

opencore 0.5.8
catalina 10.15.4
lilu 1.4.4
applealc 1.4.9
applehda 283.15

Edited by Ericine

On 5/19/2020 at 1:41 PM, eSaF said:

Have you tried alcid=7 (that is usually value for this board).

Hi @eSaF thank you for reply to my question
i've tried to to use alcid=7 in boot-args and still no 5.1 channels in spdif 
this board z390 pro doesn't have dts/ac3 license so in win 10 i needed to patch my driver so i can have it
probably here is the same i need something special to make it passthrough encoded digital audio
i will try again soon
is there another place to use alcid=7 not in boot args?

Hi everyone, I have an issue with my HP EliteDesk 800 G3 and Conexant CX20632. I installed Catalina using OpenCore and followed the guide.

The machine has nternal speaker, combo microphone/headphone jack, plus a line-in and line-out ports (3.5 mm).

I am able to have the internal speaker and one of the two minijacks to work, depending on which layout I use (CX20632 has 23 and 28). In any case no mic.

If I drop in VoodoHDA too, I manage to see all ports but the guide says I am not supposed to use both kext.

I went through all the troubleshooting and everything seems to be in order: kext are loaded in the correct order, log reports no errors and device seems to be correctly setup.

I have also run a debug of lilu and AppleAlC. I attach the file here.

Is anybody having issues too with this codec?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

AppleALC DBG

hi all

I installed OC/catalina10.15.4 successfully on my machine and tried all the layoutid go with ALC887 with boot-args alcid=xxx as guide on  https://github.com/acidanthera/applealc/wiki/supported-codecs for my computer but without success. please let me know what should I do ?

my spec: Xeon 1620 V2

mobo Huananzhi Deluxe x79 chipset C600+ Intel Q65

gpu Saphirre RX 580 Nitro 8GB

4x8GB Samsung ECC 1333 DDR3

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Edited by khogao
Update spec

Going nuts over my laptop's Internal Speakers (Tried Everything)

Situation: No Internal Speakers output sound

• Laptop -- Xiaomi RedmiBook 13 Specs:
    • i7-10510u UHD620
    • MX250
    • 8GB 2667 RAM
    • TIMI TM1921 (U3E1)  Motherboard
    • Realtek ALC256
      • All layout-ids tried.
      • Only 1 Aux Jack at the left side.
  • Bootloader and OS info:
    • OpenCore 0.5.8
    • MacOSX Catalina 10.5.4

I tried all supported codecs for ALC256. Then I found out it's an issue regarding CometLake and 256 Combo and I had a hard time fixing audio for CometLake and ALC256 but I dug deep and went into Chinese and German forums. Found only 3 people showcasing a CometLake 256 combo. 2 are Chinese with QQ contacts (very hard for me) luckily, 1 guy responded and this is his thread.

I eventually got into AppleHDA patching and then making my own layout and platform, correcting PathMap. I managed to get Internal Speakers displaying (but no sound) on Output, Mic (works, I can see movement when I speak) in Input. Switches to Headphones when plugged in (which works).

I tried every possible fix I can find. Even putting my S/L/E at risk (I reformatted already from those changes). I just somehow don't understand why the internal speakers still don't output sound.

I also made a Github Repository for help and credits to the people who helped me get this far. Please refer to that if you find the info in this thread lacking.

Attached files are my Layout and Platform XMLs, my codec dump, my Verb Data, and progress journal for patching.

Please don't hesitate if to ask if you need more info to be provided.

codec_dump.txt

Layout.zip

Info.plist

Monyo’s MacBook Pro IOReg.iojones

Monyo’s MacBook Pro.zip

lspci.txt

lspcinn.txt

Edited by Monyo

Cant get audio to work on my hackintosh

1. Laptop model/Motherboard model: P8H61-M LE/BR
2. Codec name: Realtek® ALC887
3. Layout used with the info what works for you (ideally if you try them all): tryed all of them, none worked
4. OS X versions you tried: Catalina

I'm using the last AppleALC on releases, the audio just don't work

Can somebody help me?

Edited by brunodkk
  • Sad 1

Hi, I have a little, but frustrating problem. My AppleALC.kext working, on 'Internal Speakers'. But it not keeps it. After each restart, I have to change the output device from 'Headphones' to 'Internal Speakers'. How to make default the 'internal speakers' output device? I mention, I get no signal on the headphones jack on the ports side of the mobo. The audio Chip is ALC887. My version of AppleALC.kext is 1.4.9. Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 09.45.18.jpg

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 09.45.31.jpg

Hi @MacPeet,

I have a Hp probook 450 g4

I am using Catalina last version 

I am using RehabMan’s hotpatch.

Codec cx8200 is used. Layout id 3 is used in hotpatch. 

hdmi audio, external mic, internal mic and internal speaker work. However it doesn’t switch to headphone when I plug headphones in. 

I tried layout 15:

headphones doesn’t work at all( including mic). No hdmi audio. Only internal speaker and mic.

I tried layout 21:

headphone switching works, but external mic doesn’t work. No hdmi audio.

I tried layout 23:

same as layout 21.

how can I fix headphone plug problem in layout id 3? Or do I need to use another layout Id.

I am using last versions of AppleALC and Lilu. Native AppleHDA.

Thanks in advance.

AppleALC is causing KPs and system reboots after wake on my system. (10.15.4 i3-8350K no dGPU)

i have applied the No-hda-gfx property to the root returned by gfxutil searching for HDEF, which makes the audio via HDMI disappear but the KP issue still persists. Weird thing also, this occurs although I have PowerTimeoutKernelPanic set to yes on the latest OC from the master branch (built it yesterday)

All this started when I added igfxconln=1 WEG boot argument to fix display not waking up upon system wake. Disabling AppleALC on my OC config.plist resolves the KP upon wake but obviously leaves me without Audio.

Edited by WizeMan

On 5/26/2020 at 7:26 AM, brunodkk said:

Cant get audio to work on my hackintosh

1. Laptop model/Motherboard model: P8H61-M LE/BR
2. Codec name: Realtek® ALC887
3. Layout used with the info what works for you (ideally if you try them all): tryed all of them, none worked
4. OS X versions you tried: Catalina

I'm using the last AppleALC on releases, the audio just don't work

Can somebody help me?

I am in the same situation. Only different spec.