AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

Guys,

We are trying to revise the information we have about the supported codecs. Consider helping us a little bit. Here is the quote from the first message:

For quite some time we are trying to obtain the necessary information about AppleALC codec compatibility. If you use something, please, consider checking the compatibility table (do not worry, it is in English), and report (here) on your codec. We are also looking for all the possible revisions of the codec, if we do not have the revisions listed for your codec please report as well. Thanks for understanding. 

The report is meant to contain:

1. Laptop model/Motherboard model
2. Codec name
3. Layout used with the info what works for you (ideally if you try them all)
4. OS X versions you tried
5. Autogenerated Info.plist made with the help of this utility.

• Like 2

Thanks wern !!!  waiting to know more about CC..

Sorry for the delay, i had a bit to much red wine yesterday, today only a few beers, cheers  :D , so the main task of CC is to restore your settings after wake up, i guess with layout-id 6 the front HP is not working after sleep, i think we also need different edits for CC.

I have tried both inject 6 and 2 for front headphone to work. On inject 6 I get buzzing sound from the headphones. On inject 2 I get no sound from the headphone. I have the same MB as @yassinex

I have tested Digital out on inject 2 and inject 6 and both work

I also have USB 3.0 to HDMI and sound works on inject 2 and 6 

If you need me to test any other files please let me know.

I am looking to get the Digital out , USB 3.0 to HDMI and front headphones to work.

Thanks for testing, have you tested the digital output, does it not work ?

To prevent that buzzing noise and make your codec working properly you have to install this CodecCommander.kext

HI can you add ALC236 codec  this works for asus TP500LN

here is layout

attachicon.gifALC236.zip

here bin patch

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

thanks

OK. In an hour

upd. This codec is already present in AppleALC. It is ALC233, layout-id 3

283902515=0x10EC0233

If it didn't work i'll try to add your resources under another layout-id

• Like 1

One thing I should tell about audio, that sometimes, sound is not work with main lineout. Front headphone working but sometimes main lineout' sound is gone. Then I should reboot with Windows and check the sound work, reboot with Mac then sound is back again,. When sound is gone, sound controller is working properly w/o sound.

What should I do for this fix? It is related to sleep awake? I guess I did put off sleep and awake function (no sleep for SSD)

Anyone has the same issue?

Joe.

Layout 6 is the golden Layout for me !

Here is a summary ( Not talking about Layout  0 1 2 3 and 5 - Partially working )

Layout Id 4 :

Main Out : OK

Back Headphone : OK

Back Headphone Switching/detection : OK

Rear Out : OK

C/Sub : OK

Front HeadPhone :  Not Working

Mic : Ok

Digital out : Still don't know ( I cant' test it )

Layout Id 6 :

Main Out : OK

Back Headphone : OK

Back Headphone Switching/detection : OK

Rear Out : OK

C/Sub : Not working (as expected )

Front HeadPhone :  Ok

Mic : Ok

Digital out : Still don't know ( I cant' test it )

Thanks wern !!!  waiting to know more about CC..

No it's time to test @CA0132 owners ;)

For the laziest here is the 2 files needed :

- AppleALC.kext  --> /EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.x/

- CodeCommander.kext --> /S/L/E/*

- Layout 6 ( and 4 for C/SUB )

And..Report please !

I tested this file for x99 board with Layout-6

Its worked.

Need AppleHDAController patch 208C to 208D

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

Could anyone compile the AppleALC kext with the ALC3241 codec, a variation of the ALC290? I don't have the skills for that.

The codec is found on the HP Envy 15K series and on my HP Presario 14-v065br, there is already an patched AppleHDA.kext (sorry, don't remember the credits) that works with them.

I've included the patched AppleHDA kext file, along with the ALC3241 codec text for the AppleALC compilation.

Regards,

AppleALC3241.zip

Hi everyone.

Could anyone compile the AppleALC kext with the ALC3241 codec, a variation of the ALC290? I don't have the skills for that.

The codec is found on the HP Envy 15K series and on my HP Presario 14-v065br, there is already an patched AppleHDA.kext (sorry, don't remember the credits) that works with them.

I've included the patched AppleHDA kext file, along with the ALC3241 codec text for the AppleALC compilation.

Regards,

Hi. Ask author of this patched kext what binpatches he applied to AppleHDA. 

Hi. Ask author of this patched kext what binpatches he applied to AppleHDA. 

Hi vandroiy2012, thank you for answering.

I tried to find the patch author's using google and found suppose to be RehabMan / Mirone (ALC290).

RehabMan answer follows:

"The ALC290 files in this repo came from Mirone's collection.

The binpatches are in the config.plist in the respective github repo."

The github repo may be here.

Sorry, I don't know if it can help.

Are you using CodecCommander.kext in/S/L/E/ ?

Yes, I am using easyKext for install that Codeccommander.kext  And I checked Red dotted CodecCommander.kext in SLE

Now the sound is gone often...more...

I tried ResetHDA, but no effective still gone when after turn off and turn on the computer.

Overtime the sound is gone I should boot on Windows and then reboot to Mac and the sound is back.

Joe.

Probably the author of this kext is MacPeet. Ask him what binpatches he applied to your AppleHDA

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2016-05-23 в 18.16.53.png

Ok, got some information from MacPeet, as follows:

"mmh, is not mine.

It probably parts were used by me.

Is ALC3241 = ALC290? The HDA is patched for 290.

binpatches then:

Find 8B19D411
Replace 9002EC10

Find 8319D411
Replace 00000000

Find 8508EC10
Replace 00000000"      (credits: MacPeet)

Trying to keep it clear, I've tested some versions of the ALC290 patch from toleda, insanelydeepak and others, but only the speakers/headphone out worked, with no microfone input at all. That happens with a lot of people.

The first time I dumped the ALC3241 codec, RehabMan suggested it could be an ALC290, as its vendor_id is something "0290".

Actually, I downloaded it before as a working version for the HP Envy K Series, for testing, from a RehabMan repo, I guess.

Thank you all

Yes, I am using easyKext for install that Codeccommander.kext  And I checked Red dotted CodecCommander.kext in SLE

Now the sound is gone often...more...

I tried ResetHDA, but no effective still gone when after turn off and turn on the computer.

Overtime the sound is gone I should boot on Windows and then reboot to Mac and the sound is back.

Joe.

If you lose the sound again shut down your PC, switch off the power supply and press the power button to unload the capacitors, then start OS X and see if it works. Do you have the same behavior with the rear black output ? 

PS: don't use ResetHDA

Hi

Is there a way to disable HDMI? I have this old GT210 and its HDMI is unsupported in OSX. What happen is, i get stuck at "missing bluetooth controller..." for about 15sec before desktop loads. I know this has something to do with the HDMI part because if i load patched AppleHDA w/o HDMI config, the desktop loads quickly, but if with HDMI config, i get the 15sec stuck.

In that case I would prefer an DSDT which injects HDMI-Audio instead of ripping out the HDMI feature... :)

What's the mainboard you use with the GT210?

Hi everyone, I would like to thank vit9696, toleda and everyone else for your hard work and share.

• MSI Z97i-AC board with ALC892 [8086:8ca0]
  • DSDT patched with HDEF injected "hda-gfx" and "layout-id" as 0x01
  • Running OS X 10.10.5 with latest OS updates/patches
  • Vanilla AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/
  • AppleALC from GitHub (pre-built binary) version 1.0.10 in /Library/Extensions/
  • Clover r3543 without any HDA or HDMI injections etc.

Works as expected, without any Info.plist editing on my side. This is amazing, many thanks!

I haven't tried booting to my test 10.11 installation (other HDD in same Hackintosh) yet, so I'd like to ask the following please:

• Most likely will need to move AppleALC.kext in /Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder unless in works in El Capitan from /Library/Extensions/ (with rootless etc.) too;
  • There is a talk in the thread here about AppleALC version 1.0.11 but the latest available pre-built binary on GitHub is 1.0.10. Can 1.0.10 work in El Capitan? The only way to get 1.0.11 if needed, is to compile it locally?
  • I also read about CodecCommander.kext, but no link can be found; is this kext related to ALC audio at all? Or other models? Sorry, wasn't clear to me... I downloaded a zip file shared here, and inside CodecCommander there seems also to be reference to ALC892, hence my confusion...
  • Any tip how to check (and fix) if AppleALC loads first, before AppleHDA? I would appreciate a link to some guide...

Thank you all again, this is great work!