AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

:) you're right. But I wish I could do it easily, I don't have any experience with all that reverse thing. I'm just starting to read guides about how to calculate Pin-configuration, and verbs ....

If you have some good guide just tell me.

Anyways thanks for help  ! 

@wern apfel, you said you have a kext with Sub working...if you can pass it to me ( or narrow the right code ), it will make the Layout 11 more complete.

@yassinex here is the kext where C/Sub should work, do you have an 5,1 system and Headphones for testing ?

What do you mean with "Headphone Front / Headphone rear = 01270881" what happens if you change that values?

@vandroiy2012, there is no bug, like i said earlier it works with the AppleALC.kext

@all, the reason why i can't provide you more files is that i've replaced my old drive did a fresh install and copied only my iTunes library, so i have no Xcode, AppleALC.kext and the source code and all other patches on the drive i'm use now. I've planned to buy an adapter to use the old drive as an external one, what i've not done yet. So i have to install the old drive again, today is a rainy day maybe i'll do it later

@yassinex

Hello. Try this version please. Use layout-id 9

attachicon.gifAppleALC.kext.zip

Report. 

Also try this version with all layout-id's 9, 11, 12

attachicon.gifAppleALC_NEW_Test.kext.zip

i tested second one with inject 9 and resetHDA false and no patch on HDA in clover config. it works but no volume control. by the way, the dsdt.aml is totally original witch means i didn't replace the _DSM method in HDEF.

@yassinex here is the kext where C/Sub should work, do you have an 5,1 system and Headphones for testing ?

What do you mean with "Headphone Front / Headphone rear = 01270881" what happens if you change that values?

Thanks wern apfel, I've tested the C/Sub, so you can activate this output, but it disables the front(Internal) headphone. I think it's because there in only 3 Output available in Sound Control Panel, I dont know qhy it's limited. 

01270881 it's the pinconfig that make HP working in your Kext. If you change it, no HP working.  

@yassinex

Hello. Try this version please. Use layout-id 9

attachicon.gifAppleALC.kext.zip

Report. 

Also try this version with all layout-id's 9, 11, 12

attachicon.gifAppleALC_NEW_Test.kext.zip

Thank you vadroiy, I've tested these 2 kext ( with no HDA patch in Clover, untouched AppleHDA, No extra Kext in Clover modifying the pins ) :

Layout 9 and 11 are showing devices. Same result :

Main Out - OK

Headphone (rear ) - OK

Rear Out - OK

C/Sub - Ko

Front Headphone - Ko

Volume Control - Ko

Layout 12 not showing any device.

I saw that u used ConfigData that matches the card specs as you can see in Pin Configurator. 

I think the problems are not just ConfigData, I suspect Codec.Commander.kext that I found inside the AppleHDA.kext patched by  wern apfel (thanx Mikey). You can fing inside this kext a file named SSDT-ALC668.dsl (ACPI ? )  + in the info.plist I can see some commands impacting Pins.... look at the second screenshot

BTW : I was trying to grap my  Pins from Windows (  with PinConfigOverride Tools ). This is what I got from my audio interface :

HDA Verb Converter

<00B71CF0 00B71D40 00B71E01 00B71F01 00C71CF0 00C71D20 00C71E45 00C71F01 00D71CF0 00D71D70 00D71E45 00D71F41 00E71CF0 00E71D10 00E71EC5 00E71F41 00F71CF0 00F71D70 00F71E21 00F71F41 01071CF0 01071D40 01071E21 01071F02 01171CF0 01171D10 01171E81 01171F01 01271CF0 01271D90 01271EA1 01271F01 01371CF0 01371D00 01371ED0 01371F50 01871CF0 01871D00 01871E00 01871F50>

post-1612168-0-15030700-1463416993_thumb.png

post-1612168-0-69484300-1463417314_thumb.png

CodecCommander.kext.zip

• Like 1

OK. I don't know what is it inside CC.kext... And why .dsl file placed in resouces folder... Author of resources i used in layout-id 9 have the SAME board as you. GA-Z170x Gaming 7 and he said that everything works great with this resources.

If there is no progress for you with this resources i suggest you to make a clean install of 10.11.4 and try it again. Also try to apply CodecCommander.kext you attached. Put it in S/L/E folder (it didn't work from EFI/Clover/Kexts). For volume control you can use SoundFlower. Report your progress...

If it didn't work after this i'll delete CA0132 resources from project and from compatibility list at all... Half-working support for this codec is a bad idea...

• Like 1

@wern apfel, can you confirm that AppleALC provided by vandroiy is working for you ?

Not yet.

I think i've made some bin patches at the last kexts i've uploaded. The SSDT-ALC668.dsl from resources was only a sample file from Rehabman.

As far as i know a lot of verbs are only cosmetic for the Systemprofiler, you can even add non existing phantom devices. If you leave the pinconfig data empty the kext will use the default one, thats the reason why i've added only a few which need to be changed.

Here a test sample for Creative CA0312  AppleALC_layout-id_0.zip the codeccommander.kext is mandatory for working 6 channels, put it to /S/L/E

Right now i've updated to 10.11.5 and the kext did his job  :)

BTW. cool new optical feature for file upload, thanks admins for that

• Like 2

Here a test sample for Creative CA0312  attachicon.gifAppleALC_layout-id_0.zip keep in mind the codeccommander.kext is mandatory for working 6 channels, put it to /S/L/E

Does not work for me. Are you sure that's the right files ? I saw for example in AppleALC 2 entries with Layout = 0 ? and even after deleting the first entry ( not the one for CA0132 ) I have no sound device shown in the Sound Control Panel....

This is an old kext ver. 1.0.6 i think you also need the controller patch which is not included, you can enable it with the clover on the fly patch for testing.

@vandroij2012, i will upload the files tomorrow with all patches.

Does not work for me. Are you sure that's the right files ? I saw for example in AppleALC 2 entries with Layout = 0 ? and even after deleting the first entry ( not the one for CA0132 ) I have no sound device shown in the Sound Control Panel....

Hi, I guess he is using different MB.

I don't know if it is doesn't matter. But Wern apfel is using x99 MB.

Our MB is Z170. 

I am gonna update my system to 10.11.5 today. And I will test yours again.

BTW, DSDT is mandatory for using you kext? Since I am not using DSDT.aml, actually, I don't know how to make it for my Computer.

I just want to activate my Audio fully. :))

Thank you!!

Hey there guys!

I was wondering, does anyone have a working AppleALC kext for a Via 2021 sound chip? The actual kext on github works just fine with Layout 5 but i just get generic output names under Sound Preferences and i cant 

really know which is which.

I currently use a modded AppleHDA and Layout 12 with DSDT edit which shows me "Internal Speakers" and "Digital Out" as options

Many thanks!

Here the latest release 1.0.11 for CA0132 AppleALC_1.0.11_layout-id_0.zip

@vandroij2012, what files should i upload ?, the resource folder, or a working kext ?, i think we need 3 layouts, one for 2 channels (Alienware Laptops) one with C/Sub and one with front HP.

Maybe it's better when we go to the CA0132 topic and do some more testing until the kext is fully working.

@buyjoey, if you don't use a dsdt add the "FixHDA_8000" to your config.plist and use one of my kexts, is should work without dsdt

• Like 2

Hi wern,

Still no love from your last kext ans you cazn see in the screenshot.

You said you are using a patch for Controller ? can you please post more information on this ? or at least the Clover Config.plist string ?

Thanks

post-1612168-0-33574800-1463487436_thumb.png

Hi wern,

Still no love from your last kext ans you cazn see in the screenshot.

You said you are using a patch for Controller ? can you please post more information on this ? or at least the Clover Config.plist string ?

Thanks

I think you don't need that HDAController patch, your controller is supported, so let's see who is the culprit.

Here another AppleALC for CA0132 with some edits. AppleALC_6ch+2ch_x2_binpatch.zip

layout-id 0 = 5,1

layout-id 1 = 2.0 + line-in

ALC 2, with another bin patch.

layout-id 0 = 5,1

layout-id 1 = 2.0 + line-in

Hi wern,

For both files only layout-id 1 = 2.0 + line-in is working ( Main out and HeadPhone ) Volume Control is Ok

For layout-id 0 = 5,1, no device found !

@buyjoey : can you test and report please ?

Thanks for testing, strange that it works here. Here another one, please try layout-id 2 and 3 AppleALC_layout-id_2_3.zip

I've not removed the other layouts, you can try layout-ids from 0-3

Hi wern,

For both files only layout-id 1 = 2.0 + line-in is working ( Main out and HeadPhone ) Volume Control is Ok

For layout-id 0 = 5,1, no device found !

@buyjoey : can you test and report please ?

I will test Wern's Kext now.