AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

Thanks for testing, strange that it works here. Here another one, please try layout-id 3 and 4 attachicon.gifAppleALC_layout-id_3_4.zip

Mine,,, main audio working with 2.0channel but no front headphone work. No controller!! I will test layout0id_3_4. 

Mine,,, main audio working with 2.0channel but no front headphone work. No controller!! I will test layout0id_3_4. 

No controller,, only main output working,,no headphone no the other line work. TT

Just to be sure. CodecCommander.kext need to be in /S/L/E/, Right ?

And you have an untouched AppleHDA.kext with no Clover patches ? your DSDT have a special configuration ?

CodecCommander.kext should be in 10.11in kext folder i guess.

I re-installed OS 10.11.5 now. Never change anything yet. Just installed Clover and network.

AppleALC_6ch+2ch_x2_binpatch/AppleALC.kext/AppleALC in kextfolder 10.11,  device ID=0, FixHDA(No DSDT), CodecCommander in S/L/E

Not Working!!!

What did I miss?

Should I change some kernel and kext patched?

BTW, My SMBIOS is Macpro5,1

Joe.

I re-installed OS 10.11.5 now. Never change anything yet. Just installed Clover and network.

AppleALC_6ch+2ch_x2_binpatch/AppleALC.kext/AppleALC in kextfolder 10.11,  device ID=0, FixHDA(No DSDT), CodecCommander in S/L/E

Not Working!!!

What did I miss?

Should I change some kernel and kext patched?

BTW, My SMBIOS is Macpro5,1

Joe.

OMG!!! It is working!!!

I just reboot and There is Two output, Line out and Digital out. And first time working with Volume Controller!!!! sound is very good!! no noise at all!!

Thank you guys!!! My front headphone jack is not working at all however so much progress!!!!!

Thanks again!!

&Joe can you please test the 5.1 output (Layout = 1). Thx

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi, no work for 5.1 output. Actually, ID=1 work,  ID=0, not work.

ID=1 shows on  two output(Line out and Digital out)

Joe.

Joe.

I found a problem. Sound is gone often when after reboot or turn off speaker power.

Should I add resetHDR?

Well, when audio is gone, I should boot with Window and check the sound working, then I get sound in Mac as well.

How can I fix it?

Joe.

Thanks for testing, i was not at home today, so no new research. I made a mistake with the last kext i've uploaded, where i mean layout-id 3 + 4, is should be 2 + 3, so you can also test layout-id 2

Just to be sure. CodecCommander.kext need to be in /S/L/E/, Right ?

And you have an untouched AppleHDA.kext with no Clover patches ? your DSDT have a special configuration ?

CodecCommander to /S/L/E not sure if it works from clover folder. Untouched AppleHDA, no AppleHDA related patches at config.plist. Only layout-id and hda-gfx @dsdt

which CodecCommander are you using?

Version 2.5.2 with some edits for the CA0132 codec, linked here

i'm using the ALC from github. 

SMBIOS macbook air 6,2

clover audio inject 11, CodecCommander.kext in clover kext folder(had tried to put it in s/l/e but not work).

no control, main output and headphone work. no other line work.

You can try the latest AppleALC i've uploaded, set layout id to 1

Joe.

I found a problem. Sound is gone often when after reboot or turn off speaker power.

Should I add resetHDR?

Well, when audio is gone, I should boot with Window and check the sound working, then I get sound in Mac as well.

How can I fix it?

Joe.

If the sound is gone look at the prefpane and see if Line-Out is chosen

@all CA0132 users: if you're happy with the 2 channel kext remove the CodecCommander.kext and see what happens, for those who need 6 channels use this CodecCommander.kext.zip

Thanks for testing, i was not at home today, so no new research. I made a mistake with the last kext i've uploaded, where i mean layout-id 3 + 4, is should be 2 + 3, so you can also test layout-id 2

CodecCommander to /S/L/E not sure if it works from clover folder. Untouched AppleHDA, no AppleHDA related patches at config.plist. Only layout-id and hda-gfx @dsdt

@all CA0132 users: if you're happy with the 2 channel kext remove the CodecCommander.kext and see what happens, for those who need 6 channels use this attachicon.gifCodecCommander.kext.zip

When sound is gone, line out still selected and volume controller is working w/o sound.

Joe.

@all CA0132 users: if you're happy with the 2 channel kext remove the CodecCommander.kext and see what happens, for those who need 6 channels use this attachicon.gifCodecCommander.kext.zip

tested the lastest ALC, inject 1 not work. inject 11 got the same result. 

When sound is gone, line out still selected and volume controller is working w/o sound.

Joe.

I've used only the rear HP jack without any issues until now, but i'll add a possible fix for that.

tested the lastest ALC, inject 1 not work. inject 11 got the same result. 

The one from github or a kext from previous posts ?, you can also try the kext from this post where that user said it works, he also has an Alienware laptop

@all CA0132 users please try layout-id 4 + 5, with this kext AppleALC_layout-id_0-5.zip

• Like 2

I've used only the rear HP jack without any issues until now, but i'll add a possible fix for that.

The one from github or a kext from previous posts ?, you can also try the kext from this post where that user said it works, he also has an Alienware laptop

@all CA0132 users please try layout-id 4 + 5, with this kext attachicon.gifAppleALC_layout-id_0-5.zip

I'm happy to say : YEEES ! Finally 

ID 4 is working great with Volume Control ( ID 5 not detection output/input )

For Id 4 :

Main Out : OK

Back Headphone : OK

Back Headphone Switching/detection : OK

Rear Out : OK

C/Sub : OK

Front HeadPhone :  Not Working

Mic : Working

Digital out : Still don't know ( I cant' test it )

What is missing : 

- Front Headphone ( Important !! ). But I guess it's either C/SUB or Front Headphone ?  So why maximum output are limited to 3  ? In the worst case it will be good to have 2 Layout IDs for both options.

Testing Condition : 

- CodecCommander.kext in /S/L/E/

- Your last AppleALC with ID 4.

- No DSDT edit/ patch in clover.

Thanks Wern ! Did you repatch the binary ? 

The other question is what CodecCommander is doing and AppleALC is not doing alone ? how to merge patches of CodecCommander into AppleALC to make it more "portable" ?

• Like 1

I'm happy to say : YEEES ! Finally 

ID 4 is working great with Volume Control ( ID 5 not detection output/input )

For Id 4 :

Mic : Working

What is missing : 

- Front Headphone ( Important !! ). But I guess it's either C/SUB or Front Headphone ?  So why maximum output are limited to 3  ? In the worst case it will be good to have 2 Layout IDs for both options.

Thanks for testing. As you realized we can have either front HP or C/Sub but i guess autoswitch is also possible (more research needed). ATM we need 2 layouts, you can have some scripts for manual switching. There is another pin-complex and DAC but deactivated.

Did you repatch the binary ? 

The other question is what CodecCommander is doing and AppleALC is not doing alone ? how to merge patches of CodecCommander into AppleALC to make it more "portable" ?

Unfortunately i've not made any notes so i'm not sure what an how many patches i've made at all those kexts from my topic, so we need more tests. We need CC to have a properly working codec after sleep, more details tomorrow.

If you wan't you can do more tests layout-ids 0, 2, 3, 6 AppleALC for CA0132 AppleALC_layout-ID_0-6.zip

Strange that all the kexts i've uploaded work for me, it seems that the codec on the Gaming-7 MB is different

There is a USB control panel from Creative maybe someone can patch it.

• Like 1

Layout 6 is the golden Layout for me !

Here is a summary ( Not talking about Layout  0 1 2 3 and 5 - Partially working )

Layout Id 4 :

Mic : Ok

Layout Id 6 :

C/Sub : Not working (as expected )

Front HeadPhone :  Ok

Thanks wern !!!  waiting to know more about CC..

No it's time to test @CA0132 owners ;)

For the laziest here is the 2 files needed :

- AppleALC.kext  --> /EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.x/

- CodeCommander.kext --> /S/L/E/*

- Layout 6 ( and 4 for C/SUB )

And..Report please !

CA0132-ID-6.zip

• Like 3

great kext! thanks! it's working perfectly on my alc275, but with alc269 with inject=6 (the same patch i used from mirone) the mic is kinda buggy, it works from time to time, like after a fresh boot, SOMETIMES on reboots and doesnt after sleep, trying other patches from the same codec wont work as I dont even get the audio. Although, using the latest mirone alc269 dummyhds (using applehda patcher) i get the microphone working after sleep. Is there anyway to make it work with your kext, as it make it easier for me to edit with no perm/cache fixing :3 ?

great kext! thanks! it's working perfectly on my alc275, but with alc269 with inject=6 (the same patch i used from mirone) the mic is kinda buggy, it works from time to time, like after a fresh boot, SOMETIMES on reboots and doesnt after sleep, trying other patches from the same codec wont work as I dont even get the audio. Although, using the latest mirone alc269 dummyhds (using applehda patcher) i get the microphone working after sleep. Is there anyway to make it work with your kext, as it make it easier for me to edit with no perm/cache fixing :3 ?

Please upload Mirone's Dummy for your ALC269. 

@all CA0132 users please try layout-id 4 + 5, with this kext attachicon.gifAppleALC_layout-id_0-5.zip

the one from github. tested all kext from previous posts  not work. i'm try to get my configData to update pinConfigs.kext and thanks

Layout 6 is the golden Layout for me !

Here is a summary ( Not talking about Layout  0 1 2 3 and 5 - Partially working )

Layout Id 4 :

Layout Id 6 :

C/Sub : Not working (as expected )

Front HeadPhone :  Ok

Thanks wern !!!  waiting to know more about CC..

No it's time to test @CA0132 owners ;)

For the laziest here is the 2 files needed :

- AppleALC.kext  --> /EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.x/

- CodeCommander.kext --> /S/L/E/*

- Layout 6 ( and 4 for C/SUB )

And..Report please !

i tested layout 0-6, all have 2-6 channel out and control is ok, but just 5 have mic, and all have no voice.

Did you use the AppleALC and CodecCommander included ? ( updating PinConfigs on other AppleALC will not work)

yes, i put AppleALC in clover/kext, put codeCommander in s/l/e and rebuilt cache. i can't find HDEF in my dsdt, so i set clover devices audio inject 5.

yes, i put AppleALC in clover/kext, put codeCommander in s/l/e and rebuilt cache. i can't find HDEF in my dsdt, so i set clover devices audio inject 5.

- Try to boot to windows and use your Mic and different outputs. 

- Do not use any HDEF patch ( I do not use any ).

Try with ID-6

Report...

- Try to boot to windows and use your Mic and different outputs. 

- Do not use any HDEF patch ( I do not use any ).

Try with ID-6

Report...

i tested as you said and i remove "nv_disabled=1". now it have voice. 

layout 6 have 4 channel out(HP not work), but no in.

post-1177937-0-42380000-1463735566_thumb.pngpost-1177937-0-91792200-1463735571_thumb.png

layout 5 have 2 channel out(HP not work), one in(but say no device in). the button on menu is fake, can't control voice.

post-1177937-0-09167700-1463735507_thumb.png

after i pull out Hp, the voice became smaller and bad.

ps: i didn't use CodeCommander.

(sorry for my bad english)

i tested as you said and i remove "nv_disabled=1". now it have voice. 

layout 6 have 4 channel out(HP not work), but no in.

attachicon.gifQQ20160520-3.pngattachicon.gifQQ20160520-2.png

layout 5 have 2 channel out(HP not work), one in(but say no device in). the button on menu is fake, can't control voice.

attachicon.gif12CDC59A39F205269408926AAD292003.png

after i pull out Hp, the voice became smaller and bad.

ps: i didn't use CodeCommander.

(sorry for my bad english)

CC is not mandatory for 2 channels if you have sound after wake up, you should try layout-id 1, 2, 7 AppleALC_layout-ID_0-7.zip

Do you have S/PDIF-out or more outputs than headphone ?.

@yassinex, i'll give you some explanations for this codec later. I'll not be at home but will take my iPad and wrote something if i found some time.

Short explanation for this kext with some edits for CA0132 codec:

layout-id  0: 5.1 channel

1: 2.0 + line-in 

2: 2.0 + front HP

3: 2.0 + rear

4: 5.1 with C/Sub

5: 5.1 with Apple DSP

6: 5.1 with front HP

7: 2.0 with line-in + mic

Microphone not tested on all layouts.

If you give us a report like yassinex it would be perfect.

I'm sorry if it's hard to understand, but i've not to much time to explain it better.

• Like 1

I have tried both inject 6 and 2 for front headphone to work. On inject 6 I get buzzing sound from the headphones. On inject 2 I get no sound from the headphone. I have the same MB as @yassinex

I have tested Digital out on inject 2 and inject 6 and both work

I also have USB 3.0 to HDMI and sound works on inject 2 and 6 

If you need me to test any other files please let me know.

I am looking to get the Digital out , USB 3.0 to HDMI and front headphones to work.