AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

i installed AppleALC.kext in L/E and unPatched AppleHDA.kext(install using kextbeeeeeeast) after restart my Laptop i won't detect my Laptop Audio. i also also tried to install AppleALC.kext in EFI/Clover/Kext/10.11 and /Others too but result is same it won't detect my sound.

i used Patched DSDT for Audio id-3

Hello everyone, hi @vit9696, thanks again for your continuous support. A couple of easy questions...

1) I see some people kindly share their own AppleALC kexts which are at version v1.0.11 whilst your repo at GitHub shows v1.0.10. Are these privately compiled e.g. for testing?

2) I tried using AppleALC (v1.0.10) on my Intel NUC D54250WYKH (Core i5-4250U) and lspci reports the audio interface:

00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT HD Audio Controller [8086:0a0c] (rev 09)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 8 Series HD Audio Controller [8086:9c20]

which per my search for 8086:9c20 some sites report it as ALC 292 and others as ALC 293. The vendor/product ID from DCPIManager shows 0x10EC0283 revision 0x0003, so can you kindly confirm that this ID is supported by your v1.0.10 release kext? The reason I am asking is that I did try it and installed it on /L/E/ with injecting ID=12 (0x0C) in HDEF device, but to no avail. Running 10.10.5.

Otherwise if not supported (yet) I would be happy to offer more information to assist. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Eventually this device is ALC 283 which is suggested by the Codec ID earlier, so most of those Ubuntu sites that had 8086:9c20 as ALC 292 may have been misleading to my search. Still, if someone can confirm that 0x10EC0283 is supported or not, that would be great. Cheers 

remove AppleALC from S/L/E or /L/E  , Copy  it in Clover other or OS specific folder (depends upon you ) , make sure  have vanilla AppleHDA and Caches are rebuilt (You have Ttools) , inject Layout = 3 or 12 try Both , restart and report result 

use DarwinDumper to reportwith

GoodLuck 

• Like 1

@Krestel.Bright, here a kext with some edits, see if mic is working, try it with layout-id 1

@Creative CA0132 users, here another kext for test purposes. Please test with layout-id 0 till 7 and give me some feedback that we can improve the kext for this codec.

Layout-ID
1: Alienware laptops
4: 5.1 with C/Sub
6: 6.1 with front HP
other for testing to see how it behaves

It would be useful if you try all them and report back, thanks

AppleALC_layout-ID_0-7.zip

• Like 1

I installed 10.8.5 on a spare partition on my laptop to try out some stuff. AppleALC is loading, but something is going wrong because I have no devices and there are sound assertions in the console log. The same kext works fine if I boot into El Capitan.

I've attached the debug output. I'm using the precompiled 1.0.10 debug build to rule out anything with my xcode setup (7.2.1 on 10.10.5 with 10.8 SDK).

Update: I added the AppleHDA binary patches to my Clover config and now it works. So the issue seems to be with the patching in 10.8.

alcdbg.zip

Riley Freeman, the only supported codec in 10.8 is ALC1150 (see the compatibility table on github). No other codecs/patches were tested with anything earlier than 10.9.

According to the log you have ALC269, which is unsupported but I assume you tried making the necessary changes on your own.

Layouts/platforms are successfully routed for it. However, no binary patches are applied since they do not fit the requirements. Make sure you lowered the MinKernel version where necessary:

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/blob/master/Resources/ALC269/Info.plist#L246

@vit9696: Thanks for the info. I didn't realise the patches were restricted to certain kernel versions. I enabled two patches (hBnUEQ== and hAjsEA==) by changing lines 292 and 328 to MinKernel 12 and now audio works fully (speaker, mic, headphone and line-in).

@vit9696: Thanks for the info. I didn't realise the patches were restricted to certain kernel versions. I enabled two patches (hBnUEQ== and hAjsEA==) by changing lines 292 and 328 to MinKernel 12 and now audio works fully (speaker, mic, headphone and line-in).

Alright, I committed this change to master :) 1.0.12 should work out of the box once released.

• Like 2

Riley Freeman, it does work on Sierra for most people. However, certain AppleHDA patches seem to be different from now on, and the codec base needs to be updated:

https://applelife.ru/threads/ustanovka-macos-sierra-10-12-na-intel-pc.1367064/page-6#post-596096

There also is a chance of a race condition while processing the loaded kexts, which may cause a hang for the few of you. Time will show whether it is my bug or macOS's.

• Like 1

I'm sure some of the fault lies with Sierra. There's many changes under the hood. VoodooPS2 is also broken (causes a KP).

I can only speak from my own experiences and they point to this possible race condition you mention. The system won't boot here with AppleALC installed as it blocks FakeSMC from doing it's thing. I couldn't even get the installer to boot until I removed AppleALC.

• Like 1

insanelyDeepak, well, I installed 10.12 vm here and have just fixed Shiki… mostly.

Once I am fully done with it, I will check AppleALC. If I am able to reproduce the hang I will see what I can do.

Pretty early in mother Russia though.

• Like 2

A quick update. As a test, I went back to my previous AppleHDA solution which involved patching AppleHDA with Clover and injecting the xml files into it.

Replacing the 10.11 patch (zeroing out 8319D411) with the patch you linked above (zeroing out 8A19D411) gives me working audio on the ALC898 in my X79. Just using that patch with AppleALC still results in a hang however.

insanelyDeepak, well, I installed 10.12 vm here and have just fixed Shiki… mostly.

Once I am fully done with it, I will check AppleALC. If I am able to reproduce the hang I will see what I can do.

Pretty early in mother Russia though.

No problem , take your time , we are here to support you  :yes:  :yes:

Goodluck  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2