HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

thanks shane, I hope it will work

very irritating is his ID is included and the source was compilert flawlessly ....

0x008e10de 0x00e310de 0x00ee10de 0x003610de 0x003e10de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x026610de 0x026710de 0x037e10de 0x037f10de 0x03e710de 0x03f610de 0x03f710de 0x045c10de 0x045d10de 0x045e10de 0x045f10de

This AppleNForceATA works from 10.6 up and has the DVD drives fixed. http://amd-osx.com/files/AppleNForceATA.kext.zip

Do you also need NForceLAN? I also have an NForce setup ;)

I tried that in the first place - didn't work.

nForceLAN used to work on Yosemite Zone distro even after an update to 10.10.5 but not on El Capitan...

I tried that in the first place - didn't work.

nForceLAN used to work on Yosemite Zone distro even after an update to 10.10.5 but not on El Capitan...

Don't know how it doesn't work. Mine is also MCP61. Where are you putting the kext? If it's Extra/Extensions you need a valid kernel.plist if it's S/L/E you need to boot with UseKernelCache=No

• Like 1

Don't know how it doesn't work. Mine is also MCP61. Where are you putting the kext? If it's Extra/Extensions you need a valid kernel.plist if it's S/L/E you need to boot with UseKernelCache=No

I put it to S/L/E. In my E/E folder there is AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext - I'm guessing that's 64-bit version. What is quite strange is that when I booted up the system in Network Preferences it showed Ethernet but as "Cable Unplugged" even tho it's plugged. Removing Ethernet got rid of it for good - can't add it back which is no difference anyway 'cuz if it can be added then it doesn't work.

My kernel.plist tho only has this patch: KernelBooter_kexts. Should I use SSE3 patch or not?

NForceATA has nothing to do with the LAN... Remove the one from the E/E folder and boot with UseKernelCache=No

Use this LAN kext, https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cb9c6pwukw6b5t/NForceLAN.kext.zip?dl=0

I guess after everything boots ok I can rebuild caches and stop with the "UseKernelCache=No"?

And what about audio? I installed VoodoHDA 2.8.8 which didn't work...

Did you re-modify/replace and original Apple kexts after the update? Seems something got corrupted. Also your Audio is the same as me ALC662 so use these two files.

That's the thing - nope. Only changes I made was to AppleRTC and System.kext. Maybe I need updated kernel for 10.11.6?

Also thing to note is that I updated using Mac App Store. Is that okay?

My RC4 kernel works on 10.11.6 with the System.kext. It's what I'm using and our system are very similar. 

Boot with -s into Single User Mode and run these commands,

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

exit

@ BuIlDaLiBlE

problem your system stop on:

hfs: findnextleafnode: error from hfs_swap_btnode (node 15136)

hfs_swap_BTNode: Offsets 50 and 51 out of order (0x0000, 0x0000)

node 15136 ==> volume = OS X El Capitan device=/dev/disk1s2

fsck is necessary!

When the Single User boot sequence has finished, you’ll find a small command prompt at the bottom of the screen prefixed by a hash sign (#), when you see that type the following command exactly:

fsck -fy

Once fsck completes, if you see a “File system was modified” message, then you should run “fsck -fy” again until you see a message stating “The volume OS X El Capitan appears to be OK” – this is standard procedure of using fsck
Type “reboot” to leave Single User Mode and boot the Mac back into OS X

Edit:
if these problems are not resolved by fsck. possibly, a DSDTpatch can help?
  • Like 1

I can't boot to run it.

How not? Use the kernel that was working for you before.

Anyone know of a good free emulator? Virtualbox recently updated and removed ALL support for osx. Its virtually impossible to boot osx on non mac hardware with virtualbox

Can you not rollback to an older version?

How not? Use the kernel that was working for you before.

Can you not rollback to an older version?

I didnt know how to lol. I found out. I just went back to v4 and it works perfectly. I dont know why they decided to restrict users. better keep a full copy of 4.3 if they decide to remove all downloads for older versions.