[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) FX Kernel Task Force

spakk

1,227 posts in this topic

boot with: -x -v -f npci=0x2000/ or 0x3000 usekernelcache=No GraphicsEnabler=NO nv_disable=1 / or nvda_drv=1

LOL! Icons problem continue but now I DONT have lag!!! *_*

Edit:No lag when I open folders or programs but it seems to have another graphics problems. Let me try it a little more.

Edit2: I wasn't having lag because of safe mode. Without -x is working very bad. Too lag and my OS got freezed. Now Im going to try the previous one and these two new a & b.

please, test the two new kernels by duran and report

EDIT Duran: Try boot with my previous one as well as the a & b version

Edit by spakk:

sorry, Yes of course ... plz test all three kernels ;-))

• Like 1

Tested the A version and its booting faster than all the kernels I've tested but there is a problem. Only boots with nv_disable=1 and the icon problem isn't fixed. With the nvidia web driver does not works. Black screen with a white symbol...

Let's try the B version and the last one by spakk. I will edit this post.

• Like 1

Please also retest the first one I posted today...

I know. Does not matter the order. Its easy for me to try before these two because I have them downloaded in the os x. The first one I need to download again because I removed it.

Tested now the B version and the same result as the A. Icon problem not fixed and does not works with web driver.

Lets try the first one by you Duran ;P

IGNORE ALL MY ABOVE KERNELS....

I forgot a little piece of code. My Bad!

Give me 2 minutes.

Test these:

a2: I have a big problem on my screen with this one. c1445b38cdfa3c91b69fbafa3b293767.jpg

b2: Icons problem still there.

There are 2 AMD made instructions in the Mac sysctl that show up on the AMD FX users outputs

FMA & PREFETCHW
Now FMA only recently started getting implemented in Intel chipsets in 2014 but besides the point I looked at Spakk's APU screenshot and it was missing.

On my Macbook I have FMA (Intel FMA is different to AMD's) but I don't have PREFETCHW.

I have been sitting for the past day emulating the AMD FX processor in QEMU as best as I could on my desktop.

Using a Phenom profile, yes I know that the Phenom's don't have the problem to start with with a few more instructions it would pretty much be a FX processor.

MISSING INSTRUCTIONS

VME OSXSAVE AUX1.0 F16C PREFETCHW FMA
qemu-amdFX.JPG
  • Like 4

I'm getting a kernel panic with both of them:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I am sorry for both kernel also kernels panic :(

Non kernel related. I see you both have Yosemite according to your signatures. Boot Yosemite and repair the disk with Disk Utility and repair permissions and build caches with KCPM Utility. 

• Like 2

I'm getting a kernel panic with both of them:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I am sorry for both kernel also kernels panic :(

plz, follow the instruction of shanee and boot with: usekernelcache=NO