[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) FX Kernel Task Force

spakk

1,227 posts in this topic

Forgot something when I made these before...

Please test again.

V3 - Full PAT support

V2 - No PAT support

To do with the mtrr? or not?

No luck, both got this:

machdep.cpu.xsave.extended_state: 7 832 960 1073741824

machdep.cpu.xsave.extended_state1: 0 0 0 0

• Like 1

No luck, both got this:

machdep.cpu.xsave.extended_state: 7 832 960 1073741824

machdep.cpu.xsave.extended_state1: 0 0 0 0

Hey itisme754,

It should, I wasn't changing anything to do with xsave this time.

Thanks for trying it out anyway.

Found some time to test, with this kernel I've got opcode error...

a possible cause of the opcode error can occur due to an incompatible drivers, either in Extra/Extensions or in System/Library/Extensions. Secure both folders as on desktop, only then begin to experiment.

you can try only by experiment to fix the cause, better on a second partition.

you can try only by experiment to fix the cause, better on a second partition.

I've tested several kernels from Shaneee and never got this error. I just think that something is wrong in the kernel, not in our files.

a possible cause of the opcode error can occur due to an incompatible drivers, either in Extra/Extensions or in System/Library/Extensions. Secure both folders as on desktop, only then begin to experiment.

Well I also thought about that, but I feel, that it won't help. Anyway I'll try and delete all injected extensions from my folder (in clover), of course except FakeSMC and NullCPUPowermanagement, but later...  Also I didn't delated those drivers from S/L/E: pmtelemetry.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. I know that those drivers caused some problems as you described for your USB-FIX. But still system works without problem. I think I will delete them too, to be sure that everything is right. In clover I have AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext, which is injected while system boots, and I remember that I've had get almost same error with that driver in mavericks, just theory, it must be checked.

• Like 1

Well I also thought about that, but I feel, that it won't help. Anyway I'll try and delete all injected extensions from my folder (in clover), of course except FakeSMC and NullCPUPowermanagement, but later...  Also I didn't delated those drivers from S/L/E: pmtelemetry.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. I know that those drivers caused some problems as you described for your USB-FIX. But still system works without problem. I think I will delete them too, to be sure that everything is right. In clover I have AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext, which is injected while system boots, and I remember that I've had get almost same error with that driver in mavericks, just theory, it must be checked.

I haven't those drivers (pmtelemetry.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext) and I'm also getting the error. And only have the FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and AHCIPortInjector.kext at E/E. 

• Like 1

I haven't those drivers (pmtelemetry.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext) and I'm also getting the error. And only have the FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and AHCIPortInjector.kext at E/E. 

Then as I thought, it won't help. Also that error perhaps can be fixed by clean installed system on a second partition as spakk described, but I'm not sure if it help...

edit: I remember, when i've get some of those errors, i've trivially reinstalled system, and than that error was gone.

Edited by J0hny
  • Like 1

What I have described above, is a possible cause. the fault may well be caused by the kernel, if an error is incurred in the preparation of the kernels. I have not tested the kernel on my APU system. I will later test and report. However, even if the kernel should work on my test system, I can not make any statement about the icon error. Because this error does not occur on my system. I can only test the function of the kernel.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I am back with my AMD APU system. kernel works without problems, the graphic is error free.

what's on my to do list: the graphics card still shows 7 MB, I'll adjust and will bringing Ethernet and Wifi to work.

Edit:

I was hoping that I find the same glitchy graphic problems on my systemen as with FX CPUs, unfortunately no green glitchy found.

Hi spakk!

My AMD APU system is having the glitchy green icon problem as other FX users!!!

Which kernel did you use for your AMD APU system that does not have the green glitchy problem?

I've tried many and none of them solves it!!! :(:frantics::help::wallbash::stretcher:

Please help!!

Cheers.

Edit by spakk:

Use my Kernel 10.11.2_AMD_6

Please write your complete hardware specifications in your signature, for further asking use the help topic, since only questions and answers around to FX CPU and kernel building provided and written here. An APU CPU should work without glitchy icons, seeking the cause, it may be that your video card is not properly supported, resolve the cause.
Thank you for your understanding
Edited by spakk

Super long shot but hey, another test kernel.

Thank you. I've tested it but my graphics card isn't working with this one. Tried with and without the web driver and I get the same result (missing bluetooth controller transport).

Still getting: Missing bluetooth controller transport.

I'm gonna try these now

boot with: -x -v -f npci=0x2000/ or 0x3000 usekernelcache=No GraphicsEnabler=NO nv_disable=1 / or nvda_drv=1

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2