El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

And it would really help me to know which specific .aml patch were responsible for what. (because for Gaming 3). Many thanks.

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI NVIDIA / ATI

other mobo, need other DSDT or SSDT, other bios and bios version ;) if u can open a topic in DSDT section, i edit for u

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/228-dsdt/

Hi there. I am trying to follow properly when you both tested today:

Can you please confirm for me if this post #684 forwards:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/page-35?do=findComment&comment=2418114

If HDMI audio worked on:

* The actual motherboard's Intel IGP HDMI port? Or it did not?

* The motherboard's Intel IGP Displayport? Or it did not?

* Or the Nvidia Pascal Card Displayport? Or it did not?

* Or the Nvidia Pascal Card HDMI? Or it did not?

And it would really help me to know which specific .aml patch were responsible for what. (because for Gaming 3). Many thanks.

HDMI Audio works with HDMI cable connected to nVidia graphics adapter not the HDMI port of the mainboard, I don't even have the IGPU enabled in BIOS.

For other ports I cannot confirm that because I didn't test it.

I use 2 monitors with DP cables and 1 TV which is connected with HDMI cable and the Audio works on TV speakers.

HDMI Audio works with HDMI cable connected to nVidia graphics adapter not the HDMI port of the mainboard, I don't even have the IGPU enabled in BIOS.

For other ports I cannot confirm that because I didn't test it.

I use 2 monitors with DP cables and 1 TV which is connected with HDMI cable and the Audio works on TV speakers.

My HDMI audio has always been flaky. Works when it wants.

My HDMI audio has always been flaky. Works when it wants.

Have you tried MaLd0n's new DSDT, although even before testing all the new files mine was working fine thought.

Wow, topic is alive now :)

Maybe you share you clean config after all of manipulations? 

I see you have USBinjectAll kext< does it need?

I removed USBInjectAll.kext and my USB 3.0 ports are working, I guess we don't need it anymore. At least not on Sierra. 

Have you tried MaLd0n's new DSDT, although even before testing all the new files mine was working fine thought.

I removed USBInjectAll.kext and my USB 3.0 ports are working, I guess we don't need it anymore. At least not on Sierra.

Yeah I tried it with layout 1 and 5 and still no go with hdmi audio.

Do your usb 3 work at 3.0 speeds? I created my own ssdt for usb.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think with all the fiddling I need a fresh install lol.

Yes, USB 3.0 works with a reasonable speed. but later on I'm gonna do some benchmarks with and without USBInjectall.kext to see if we really need it or not.

This is my audio outputs with layout 1 with your new DSDT, im awaiting for maldon to make me a new one.

post-1083558-0-71889400-1494044859.png

well I did run the hdmiaudiodetect.command a while back and maybe that's why I have hdmi audio and yours not working.

https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/blob/master/audio_codecdetect.command.zip

That tells me everything is working correctly.

File: audio_codecdetect.command_v2.2

HDMI audio codec(s)
Nvidia:   0x10de0072

Onboard audio codec
Realtek: 0x10ec0900
Name: Realtek ALC1150
Audio ID: 1

Valid audio codec, audio device and Audio ID; audio injection is working

Finished

If you are using the DSDT MaLd0n posted try removing codeccommander.kext, and also remove all the ssdt tables and disable patches. and see if it makes any difference 

If you are using the DSDT MaLd0n posted try removing codeccommander.kext, and also remove all the ssdt tables and disable patches. and see if it makes any difference 

Ok i have HDMI audio this boot. I dont know what brang it back but ill add things back in and see when it goes.

post-1083558-0-58905000-1494054005.png

EDIT 1: CodecCommander back in and still working

Good so it works? :)

doing a kext cache cleanup and kext rebuild helps with the situations like this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2418065

sudo nvram -c

sudo purge
sudo rm
-f /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2418065

sudo nvram -c

sudo purge

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Yeah I'll run that after I remove kext dev mode. I re enabled it and hdmi audio was gone. Do we need kext dev mode for anything anymore?

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI NVIDIA / ATI

other mobo, need other DSDT or SSDT, other bios and bios version ;) if u can open a topic in DSDT section, i edit for u

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/228-dsdt/

​Hi Malden. Thanks for replying. Actually I only meant for the HDMI audio specifically. According to Cyberdevs (thanks also for replying)... The HDMI audio didn't work on IGP. Only NVIDIA. That's fine, it just agrees with what i found on my Gaming 3 (after trying Toleda HDMI audio fix, it didn't work). Its OK, just to know about it.

Also thanks Malden for offering to do DSDT. But I don't want to impose. I expect the only other benefit (apart from HDMI audio on the IGP / motherboard) is to try to fix certain other known issues, which are:

​* Fix sleep

​* Dual monitors on IGP (without needing the hot-plugging trick).

​Yet to the best of my knowledge, these ^^ broke things still don't work regardless. Unless you have any different experiences? Then I would like to take a look. (note thats all seems to be about the Intel IGP stuff). As I didn't buy a GPU (yet). Still waiting for VEGA to come out, etc.

For me, patching DSDT properly would only be worth doing for a new benefits. As everthing else already working ok / fine in my existing Gaming 3 config. Mostly its using Clover for the patches. plus 1-2 seperate DSDT that it could not. Anyhow, so much thanks for the kind offer. Just don't want to waste your time.

sudo nvram -c

sudo purge

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

2 reboots after running this I had hdmi audio. 3rd reboot was gone. I'm thinking a fresh install is needed and maybe stop running the betas on my main rig because I'm on latest .5 beta.

​Hi Malden. Thanks for replying. Actually I only meant for the HDMI audio specifically. According to Cyberdevs (thanks also for replying)... The HDMI audio didn't work on IGP. Only NVIDIA. That's fine, it just agrees with what i found on my Gaming 3 (after trying Toleda HDMI audio fix, it didn't work). Its OK, just to know about it.

Also thanks Malden for offering to do DSDT. But I don't want to impose. I expect the only other benefit (apart from HDMI audio on the IGP / motherboard) is to try to fix certain other known issues, which are:

​* Fix sleep

​* Dual monitors on IGP (without needing the hot-plugging trick).

​Yet to the best of my knowledge, these ^^ broke things still don't work regardless. Unless you have any different experiences? Then I would like to take a look. (note thats all seems to be about the Intel IGP stuff). As I didn't buy a GPU (yet). Still waiting for VEGA to come out, etc.

For me, patching DSDT properly would only be worth doing for a new benefits. As everthing else already working ok / fine in my existing Gaming 3 config. Mostly its using Clover for the patches. plus 1-2 seperate DSDT that it could not. Anyhow, so much thanks for the kind offer. Just don't want to waste your time.

I didn't say HDMI audio didn't work on IGFX, I said my HDMI audio didn't work until I added SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml. After I added the SSDT even though I didn't have IGPU enabled in BIOS, HDMI audio started to work using my nVidia through HDMI which was connected to a TV.

So you might wanna test if you don't want to use a Patched DSDT.

Give it a try

2 reboots after running this I had hdmi audio. 3rd reboot was gone. I'm thinking a fresh install is needed and maybe stop running the betas on my main rig because I'm on latest .5 beta.

A fresh install is not a bad idea, but beta or final release it should work. but find ONYX and download it and use the clean up tool for making sure you delete all the caches and rebuild launchservices, dyld' shard cache XPC cache and CoreDuet database

Technically it's the same as running the command but it might help solve the problem

SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml.zip

Here is my ioreg and fresh ssdts and dsdt.

Ive gone back to iMac 17,1

DSDT.SavageAUS.zip

Clover_v2.4k_r4069.pkg.zip

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-SLPB
-DMAC
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-PCHPMC
-IMEI
-GLITCH FIX SKYLAKE
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI NVIDIA / ATI / INTEL

Need a test, some new patches now

I need a Ioreg after reboot and a copy of System Profiler(Just open and Save)  ;)

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

if u can test HDMI Nvidia and INTEL without any patch!

• Like 1

Hey MaLd0n, Welcome back :)

I was wondering if there is anyway to control the fan speed of nvidia GPUs under mac os.

I was testing and benchmarking my GPU and system performance and I noticed my GPU runs about 23 degrees hotter in mac os than windows. so I've been searching as so far I had no luck.

Do you think is it even possible?

Hey MaLd0n, Welcome back :)

I was wondering if there is anyway to control the fan speed of nvidia GPUs under mac os.

I was testing and benchmarking my GPU and system performance and I noticed my GPU runs about 23 degrees hotter in mac os than windows. so I've been searching as so far I had no luck.

Do you think is it even possible?

not a sensors temp wrong?

In old times in my AMD 4850 i edited bios, my temp is high, rpm cooler is high too, gradually, according to temp

long time ago i posted one tutorial here, but many information is loose time ago too ;)

my Amd the temp is high but cooler stay in low rpm ;)