OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

kext-dev-mode=0/1 is a CSR value :D (allow unsigned kexts)

True. kext-dev-mode=1 is what everyone was using with Yosemite to allow loading unsigned kexts. If I remember correctly, it worked with El Capitan, as well, for a while. I just didn't know it's a CSR value, as well. Nice. :)
  • Like 1

rootless=0/1 was to enable/disable all others (restricted fs, restricted nvram, task for pid as well for unsigned kexts etc..),

..I discovered this in RevoBoot (Pike R. Alpha) in june (he has decoded the El Capitan kernel I suppose)

I have the same problem with the PB GM and I solved it booting from a clover stick, touch the S/L/E and L/E ( I have FakeSMC there also), rebooted in single user, run fsck and, voila, I boot to the Desktop. I forgot to mention that I cleared all the boot arguments.

But you still have the beta installed. My problem is with GM. I can not get on the setup screen.

Remembering that I am trying to upgrade. Not a fresh installation.

• Like 1

But you still have the beta installed. My problem is with GM. I can not get on the setup screen.

Remembering that I am trying to upgrade. Not a fresh installation.

The Upgrade was succesfull?

If Yes I suppose you have a bad kernelcache and also incorrect permission somewere. If you have any other OS try to repair permissions and rebuild the kernelcache from there.

hello

GM is a full installer .. so u can't update .. u write over ur old files ... and keep ur personal files .. and apps .. but is a new system .. several ppl what have is graphics problems from the full installer

good hack

• Like 2

The Upgrade was succesfull?

If Yes I suppose you have a bad kernelcache and also incorrect permission somewere. If you have any other OS try to repair permissions and rebuild the kernelcache from there.

I think he means that he is unable to get the installation setup screen appear after booting from the "Install El Capitan GM" from Clover menu. This is at least the case with me. 

hello

GM is a full installer .. so u can't update .. u write over ur old files ... and keep ur personal files .. and apps .. but is a new system .. several ppl what have is graphics problems from the full installer

good hack

My GM Installer say  something similar to "Update or Install OSx"

• Like 1

I think he means that he is unable to get the installation setup screen appear after booting from the "Install El Capitan GM" from Clover menu. This is at least the case with me.

Does it work if you start the installer from the .app using a booted OS?

i simply cant install it. Using a stick or from the installer, once reboots, i get black screen. not even start the verbose.

i really dont know if this is a bug from my laptop or what.

hello 

use ig-platform-id 3 .. only change it when u end the installation 

gm is a full installer .. capri only are present when is installed from pkg

then need to rebuild caches and use platform 4

good hack

Does it work if you start the installer from the .app using a booted OS?

Sorry, I think I should have been clearer. That is exactly what I did. After rebooting(Installer application asks reboot within OSX) and choosing the installer "drive", it gives a gray screen after a while when the installer setup should begin. 

I upgraded from the Installer app, at reboot I get stuck on the second boot part then I rebooted from a clover stick and did what I explain before.

Sorry, I think I should have been clearer. That is exactly what I did. After rebooting and choosing the installer "drive", it gives a gray screen after a while when the installer setup should begin. 

I don't use any installer drive, I downloaded the GM from the purchased section in the App Store and proceed to upgrade when the Install OS X app opened.

• Like 1

hello 

use ig-platform-id 3 .. only change it when u end the installation 

gm is a full installer .. capri only are present when is installed from pkg

then need to rebuild caches and use platform 4

good hack

thanks, but even using 3 not even the verbose starts. i click in the partition install and gives me black screen, its not loading nothing.

Haaa! Clover cant patch correctly the kernel cache because does not know the OS version (so dont know witch patches to apply).
So use createinstallmedia to create your USB installer, then probably will be fine.

I.E Don't use old installer methods like for Lion and ML!

EDIT

no SystemVersion.plist (with method you used) = OS version = Unknown

• Like 2

hello

good hack

I did a upgrade using the GM installer just fine as a upgrade.

• Like 1

I upgraded from the Installer app, at reboot I get stuck on the second boot part then I rebooted from a clover stick and did what I explain before.

I don't use any installer drive, I downloaded the GM from the purchased section in the App Store and proceed to upgrade when the Install OS X app opened.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I edited my message. I used the same method as you. 

Sorry, I dont know. Im not good with hackintoshes :(

There are 3 methods to create an Installer:

1) restore the basesystem.dmg to a USB drive and copying Pakages folder, kernel, etc. (Hack way)

2) using terminal (Vanilla way):

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/YourUSB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app --nointeraction

(the example require that your app is inside the /Applications folder)

3) Open and run  /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate.app and point the installation to a selected Volume! (Vanilla way)

Method 1 is not automated, 2 and 3 yes. But method 3 do things in a way the bootloader can't know which version you are installing (problem for Clover, Enoch etc.) because no SystemVersion.plist exist in this way (btw I'm making a workaround here:            #3409            ).

Method 2 instead create some folders containing the SystemVersion.plist on your USB stick... Well now the bootloader know the Os version inside the Installer, then can apply patches to the kernelcache to boot correctly your Installer... try method 2!

EDIT

Method 3 also create problem if the app is not inside the /Applications folder, because the app write some file on the Volume where the app reside (can be another Volume too if you have it somewere)

• Like 4

There are 3 methods to create an Installer:

1) restore the basesystem.dmg to a USB drive and copying Pakages folder, kernel, etc. (Hack way)

2) using terninal (Vanilla way):

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/YourUSB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app --nointeraction

3) Open /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate.app and point the installation to a selected Volume! (Vanilla way)

Method 1 is not automated, 2 and 3 yes. But method 3 do things in a way the bootloader can't know which version you are installing (problem for Clover, Enoch etc.) because no SystemVersion.plist exist in this way (btw I'm making a workaround here:            #3409            ).

Method 2 instead create some folders containing the SystemVersion.plist on your USB stick... Well now the bootloader now know the Os version inside the Installer, then can apply patches to the kernelcache to boot correctly your Installer... try method 2!

EDIT

Method 3 also create problem if the app is not inside the /Applications folder, because the app write some file where the app reside (can be another Volume too if you have it somewere)

Thank you Sir! Im going to try this!  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Thanks for the "Sir" but it is still too early for me :P

Thank you Sir! Im going to try this!  :thumbsup_anim:

Before launching the command in Terminal, rename your USB stick as YourUSB

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/YourUSB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app --nointeraction

or edit the command above..

• Like 1