OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

It's built-in the latest versions of both Clover & Chameleon.

yep, Enoch r2725 can boot El Capitan since last 3 days after Pike R. Alpha has made changes to RevoBoot to fix the init_zone.

Thanks to this it was also possible to  improve compatibility with some bioses through cparm code. For which the code has been strengthened.

The Trunk will be updated as soon as ErmaC back from vacation (unfortunately in July).

EDIT

Install a bootloader w/o rootless can be a problem
  • Like 2

for those who have intel hd graphics 1º gen (arrandale) and want to dual boot yose and el cap at same time using the patch on the fly for both, follow the example of my config.plist. you can copy paste if you want.

basicaly adds the new patch needed for el cap without removing the yose one. no problems with compatibility.

config.plist intelhd10101011.zip

• Like 1

You could also create custom entries for Yos and EC and set kext-to-patch settings for each one ;). That's what I did to add different AppleHDA patches and different boot args (i.e. rootless=0 which is useless in Yosemite or kext-dev-mode=1 in Mavericks).

I don't need that anymore since Toleda's script has been updated and works fine with both OS X, but it could be usefull for other possible cases :unsure::D

post-1163891-0-75678100-1435013205_thumb.png

post-1163891-0-12020700-1435013217_thumb.png

• Like 2

You could also create custom entries for Yos and EC and set kext-to-patch settings for each one ;). That's what I did to add different AppleHDA patches and different boot args (i.e. rootless=0 which is useless in Yosemite or kext-dev-mode=1 in Mavericks).

I don't need that anymore since Toleda's script has been updated and works fine with both OS X, but it could be usefull for other possible cases :unsure::D

very good to know! thanks!

I wonder why some people, me included, can boot without the normally required boot arguments (kext-dev-mode and rootless).

Sure you can, but I suppose after your prelinkedkernel was rebuilt and unsigned kexts are inside it? A reason to always have it....ok to help noobs that play a lot with extensions.

CSR_VALID_FLAGS

Note

• After upgrading to OS X v10.11 Developer Beta, applications that write to protected/system locations may no longer function correctly.

•  
Note
  • System file permissions are automatically protected, and updated during Software Updates. The Repair Permissions function is no longer necessary.

•  

rootless is not needed really, but here there are some tools in the donwload section to play with :D

I still do not have 10.11 installed because I need a new disc (my Dad kill me :hysterical: ), for this the release notes about sudo/rootless/system files are not enough to understand what system files are involved.

If I'm not mistaken installing the KeyLayout module from the Chameleon package require also to install a library on the guest OS (example)... but as I said I can't be sure of that until I got my new SSD :).

PS (THX)

:wallbash:

bash-3.2# nvram -p

boot-args -v

LocationServicesEnabled %01

fmm-computer-name joe75%e2%80%99s iMac

bluetoothActiveControllerInfo ^%10}%04%00%00%00%00P%14%00%19%15Z:%a8

EFIBluetoothDelay %b8%0b

bash-3.2# kextutil -l /Users/OSX/Desktop/MSRDumper.kext 

Diagnostics for /Users/OSX/Desktop/MSRDumper.kext:

Code Signing Failure: not code signed

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/Users/OSX/Desktop/MSRDumper.kext"

kext-dev-mode is redundant and rootless shouldn't be considered a "requirement"..

Agreed, but basically kext-dev-mode do nothing if you are using the cache, but helpful if you make changes.

rootless=0 also implements kext-dev-mode=1

Good to know!

:wallbash:

bash-3.2# nvram -p

boot-args -v

LocationServicesEnabled %01

fmm-computer-name joe75%e2%80%99s iMac

bluetoothActiveControllerInfo ^%10}%04%00%00%00%00P%14%00%19%15Z:%a8

EFIBluetoothDelay %b8%0b

bash-3.2# kextutil -l /Users/OSX/Desktop/MSRDumper.kext 

Diagnostics for /Users/OSX/Desktop/MSRDumper.kext:

Code Signing Failure: not code signed

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/Users/OSX/Desktop/MSRDumper.kext"

Normal since your boot args are only the verbose flag! You're giving me right? :P (ie is better to always have kext-dev-mode=1?) :yes:

EDIT

Sorry your output is complete? last line say "allowing invalid signature..." :|. kextutil is buggie..

From my understanding, since both Chameleon & Clover have these two boot-flags built-in, no matter what you do, you'll always be fine ! Correct ?

Question is : does kext-dev-mode=1 is just enough to boot & modify system's files in El Capitan ? Or is rootless=0 is mandatory for that particular point ?

Otherwise, it would means that we have nothing to add in our boot.plist since kext-dev-mode=1 is already built-in Clover & Chameleon for some time now (If I'm not mistaken :unsure:).

Config.plist is writable, so you can remove it :)

My mistake :P

I assumed these boot-args was built-in the bootloader in itself. I made a test and obviously, that's not true. Boot-flag kext-dev-mode=1 isn't loaded if I remove it from config.plist.

BUT…

Enoch r2725 has these boot-flags built-in in itself. I also made a test and Kernel Flags=-v works without any other and boot process clearly state boot args : -v kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

I boot with Ozmosis and we have had no changes to adding extra boot args..

The point that no one is understanding is that this is a "Dev" build of the beta and the argument kext-dev-mode=1 is not needed nor added when using rootless=0, it is automatically being implemented.

My terminal output was submitted as proof, and yes, kextutil is not working and was only used to show diagnostics of invalid loading with no extra boot arguments required.

• Like 3

Installed DP1 over Yosemite on my Z68 and then updated to DP2. Still have to disable USB3 in bios or I get a KP on boot. Was hoping DP2 would at least fix that.

Apart from that, at a glance most stuff seems to be working. ALC892 audio worked after the upgrade thanks to Clover's kext patching and Pike R. Alpha's AppleHDA8Series loader.