OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

I just downloaded the newest version of Clover (3237) and the LAPIC patch that my HP laptop and many other HP laptops need to run El Cap without cpus=1 is working!  Now I can report that El Cap is running about 5 degrees centigrade cooler than Yosemite.  My laptop typically idled at about 53-55C in Yosemite.  In El Cap, it is idling at about 47-51C.  That is not just because of the temp of the room I'm in or how long I have had my laptop running.  It is now much closer in temps to those I get in Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 (about 44-48C).

Geekbench 3 scores were not materially different.  Yosemite:  single-2859 dual-5969.  El Cap:  single-2859 dual-5971.  Testing was a few seconds faster in El Cap but temperatures spiked with El Cap at 74C and stayed a frosty 70C with Yosemite.

Issue usb 2:

it looks like usb now works little different. in IOUSBHostFamily.kext-->AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext-->info.plist every mac usb is identified ... as my example imac11,1 EHC1 and EHC2 so i changed name in DSDT to:

Example:

Device (EHC1)

{
                Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)

Device (EHC2)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001A0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x09)
                        {
                            "AAPL,current-available", 
                            0x05DC, 
                            "AAPL,current-extra", 
                            0x044C, 
                            "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
                            0x09C4, 
                            "AAPL,device-internal", 
                            0x02, 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x00
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

Device (HUBN)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                }
            }

search and replace. 

now usb 2 is working. mouse and keyboard started to work on reboot.

worked for me but sleep no longer work... :(in Yosemite everything works 100% with my patched dsdt

Failed to generate prelinked kernel.

someone else with the same error?

Some kexts are conflicting, that's why it won't generate the prelinked kernel. I once had that issue when using my own custom made legacy kexts for the Surface Pro 3's Type Cover

• Like 1

Failed to generate prelinked kernel.

someone else with the same error?

delete kernelcache from /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup

but also prelinkedkernel from /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels

then try to rebuild all of this with sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel

• Like 1

I can't install any bootloader, fail to install boot0af :(

Did you try booting up with rootless=0 as boot flag, then installing the bootloader? I've had some issues installing Clover (post-install) and that surely fixed it for me (though I'm using it in UEFI mode, so I'm not sure it's the same issue). Still, it wouldn't hurt trying...

By the way, had anyone figured out a way to fix sleep in 10.11? Or should we just wait for DP2? It doesn't look like it's working properly (though it is working fine with Yosemite). It doesn't seem to properly put the hardware to sleep. I think it only puts the video card to sleep, so the monitor is idling. But some of the other elements are still on. So the only way I found to fix this was to actually prevent hardware from going into sleep mode (under Energy Saver). Still, if you want it to go into sleep on demand, that's not gonna help. It's ok only when it does it automatically. It's not the best choice but it's a valid workaround. Otherwise, the only way to get a functional computer again is by rebooting it.

• Like 1

Did you try booting up with rootless=0 as boot flag, then installing the bootloader? I've had some issues installing Clover (post-install) and that surely fixed it for me (though I'm using it in UEFI mode, so I'm not sure it's the same issue). Still, it wouldn't hurt trying...

By the way, had anyone figured out a way to fix sleep in 10.11? Or should we just wait for DP2? It doesn't look like it's working properly (though it is working fine with Yosemite). It doesn't seem to properly put the hardware to sleep. I think it only puts the video card to sleep, so the monitor is idling. But some of the other elements are still on. So the only way I found to fix this was to actually prevent hardware from going into sleep mode (under Energy Saver). Still, if you want it to go into sleep on demand, that's not gonna help. It's ok only when it does it automatically. It's not the best choice but it's a valid workaround. Otherwise, the only way to get a functional computer again is by rebooting it.

Working thanks, sleep work for me but not always wake.

I'm having problems with sleep.  My laptop goes to sleep and wakes up immediately.  Here's what the syslog says:

Jun 20 17:34:41 Michaels-HP-Envy kernel[0]: Wake reason: EHC1 EHC2 pci8086,1e2d pci8086,1e26
Jun 20 17:34:45 Michaels-HP-Envy kernel[0]: full wake promotion (reason 1) 4574 ms
Jun 20 18:00:21 Michaels-HP-Envy kernel[0]: Wake reason: EHC1 EHC2 pci8086,1e2d pci8086,1e26
Jun 20 18:00:24 Michaels-HP-Envy kernel[0]: full wake promotion (reason 1) 3185 ms
Jun 21 00:28:46 Michaels-HP-Envy kernel[0]: Wake reason: EHC1 EHC2 pci8086,1e2d pci8086,1e26
Jun 21 00:28:49 Michaels-HP-Envy kernel[0]: full wake promotion (reason 1) 3280 ms
Jun 21 00:48:06 Michaels-HP-Envy kernel[0]: Wake reason: EHC1 EHC2 pci8086,1e2d pci8086,1e26
Jun 21 00:48:08 Michaels-HP-Envy kernel[0]: full wake promotion (reason 1) 2792 ms
Jun 21 00:54:43 Michaels-HP-Envy kernel[0]: Wake reason: EHC1 EHC2 pci8086,1e2d pci8086,1e26
Jun 21 00:54:46 Michaels-HP-Envy kernel[0]: full wake promotion (reason 1) 3883 ms

I'm not having the same problem in Yosemite.  I have a patched DSDT that addresses this issue for Yosemite and earlier versions.  I'm thinking I may be stuck with this while Apple works out the USB problems with El Cap.  Thoughts?

Install on Run here on My Probook 4530s

Clover UEFI Only :D  :thumbsup_anim:

img_0011.jpg

Complited and everything perfect   :D  B)

Both OS X on same SSD  :hyper: Clover Only UEFI 

u10.png

capita10.jpg

• Like 1

delete kernelcache from /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup

but also prelinkedkernel from /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels

then try to rebuild all of this with sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel

no luck here :(

• Like 1

I'm trying to satisfy my wife to use OS X with an Latitude D630, installed El Capitan and all works fast, faster than the old unused Mavericks from the drive.

The only issue i've seen is no bluetooth after sleep.

:thumbsup_anim: Apple

• Like 1

I'm trying to satisfy my wife to use OS X with an Latitude D630, installed El Capitan and all works fast, faster than the old unused Mavericks from the drive.

The only issue i've seen is no bluetooth after sleep.

:thumbsup_anim: Apple

Sleep doesn't work on my D830. No wake :(.

You had no problem to boot on USB stick ?