[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

yes , it boot but no desktop ;) stop on voodooPstate 1 2 3   ;)

this driver I have removed, he had caused me previously boot problems.

As was to be expected .... end at iobluetooth ...Resetting IOCataloue..... I need to make changes to / S / L / Extensions so 14F27a can boot.

• Like 1

this does not as I had imagined. one must again make major changes in the Extensions folder so build 14f27a runs.

no , C6State enable ;)

HPET is enable ? 

Unfortunately there is no HPET setting in bios on my motherboard.

Yes , but try boot_c1e and answer here )) 

Ok.))

update: Yes it's working! No sound problems on youtube anymore with your boot file!=) I've used boot_c1e_rc1 +  kernel_10.10.3_rc1 + Core C6 State set to "Auto".

:)

look and listen small video , no problem synchro audio/video ;)   http://www.sendbox.fr/15685a2ed5dc7531/Archive.zip

cool n'Quiet = enable

C1E = enable

C6State = enable 

and use voodooPstate + PstateMenu

works good 10.10.5 with kernel Bronya 14.3

and flag : fsb=200 Mhz

Ok, thanks! :)  But I had problems with that driver in my previous motherboard, that driver wasn't work properly, there was absolutely wrong PStates for my CPU. Maybe I'll try this Saturday or Sunday.

p.s. Guys I will be busy for some time, bacause I have spending now a lot of time in university, so for now I can't test kernels and other things so often... When i get free time, then I'll test it... :)

Edited by ImmortalSoulL
  • Like 3

Hello, guys! What is the last stable kernel for Yosemite 10.10.4 on AMD FX-4300?

Here you find the current kernel. Test each one of the three kernels and reports.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285580-database-of-current-working-amd-kernels/page-4?do=findComment&comment=2165205

glis83 Hi! :) I've tried to use voodoopstate.kext and no success, maybe you could make some video, where you can show what did you do, to make it work? It would be nice if you do that, and if you upload voodopstate.kext, because I think I could use wrong one and of course if you have a free time to do all this. I'm sure that I doing something wrong. I've read, that for make it work there should be removed some other power management kexts but which one? That's the question. And I read something about AppleHPET.kext, should it be removed or something? And then again, if it will not work, then it's ok, I actually don't need power management, everything is working fine without it, like I said earlier, I don't have much time for experiments. That't the problem:

post-1484325-0-11405500-1441448261_thumb.png

glis83 Hi! :) I've tried to use voodoopstate.kext and no success, maybe you could make some video, where you can show what did you do, to make it work? It would be nice if you do that, and if you upload voodopstate.kext, because I think I could use wrong one and of course if you have a free time to do all this. I'm sure that I doing something wrong. I've read, that for make it work there should be removed some other power management kexts but which one? That's the question. And I read something about AppleHPET.kext, should it be removed or something? And then again, if it will not work, then it's ok, I actually don't need power management, everything is working fine without it, like I said earlier, I don't have much time for experiments. That't the problem:

Your Core Speed ​​800Mhz? Check out my latest kernel, the values ​​should be displayed correctly.

At least they are all displayed correctly for my CPU.

Your Core Speed ​​800Mhz? Check out my latest kernel, the values ​​should be displayed correctly.

At least they are all displayed correctly for my CPU.

No, my core speed is correct, it's incorrect, when I use voodoopstate.kext. There is my core speed without that kext:

post-1484325-0-87340300-1441450387_thumb.png

That here were your values ​​before with my last kernel. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-69?p=2158133&do=findComment&comment=2158133

Have you tested because with voodoopstate.kext?

a combination of my current kernel build with Bronya's boot files would be the perfect kernel, Bronya should be able to realize that.I have no knowledge of how to create the boot file and the reference in the kernel. :(

• Like 1

Sorry Bronya, I am unfortunately not gotten to test your current kernel.works the sound with a patched AppleHDA.kext or just with voodooHda.kext?

Sorry Bronya, I am unfortunately not gotten to test your current kernel.works the sound with a patched AppleHDA.kext or just with voodooHda.kext?

Hi spakk ! I use voodoohda , fine works sound without problem if use my boot_c1e ! 

• Like 1

Hi spakk ! I use voodoohda , fine works sound without problem if use my boot_c1e ! 

Bronya, Thanks for your quick reply, I will test it soon, at the moment I am unfortunately for various reasons not to try. I will report on. I'm very sure that you have done a very good job. :)

Here you find the current kernel. Test each one of the three kernels and reports.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285580-database-of-current-working-amd-kernels/page-4?do=findComment&comment=2165205

Hi again, Mr.Spakk! I tested kernel "27 August 2015 - Bronya - kernel_10.10.3_rc1" from your post. My CPU work fine, score in geekbench higher than on Mavericks 10.9.5. But sometimes I see some freezes in system animations. In cinebeenck my graphicscard (GTX 650) get 41-43 fps. I tried to start AGPM, but I can't find note about AGPM in console. Sorry for my english (I'm from Russia), and I hope that you understand me. My graphicscard use "WebDriver-346.02.02f03" form http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301416-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-yosemite/.

:)

https://youtu.be/qaRX-kKy7ho

donation at Bronya 

10.5.8 Leopard working on AMD. Auto CPUID. And opemu .

10.6.8 Leopard Snow Leo working on AMD . Auto CPUID. And opemu .

10.7.5 Lion  32/64 bit work on AMD .

10.8.5 ML work on AMD .

10.9.0 GM Maverick work on AMD . 

Credit to me : Webmoney Z520427913917 ! Paypal gstreams@mail.ru !

I'm sorry, I didn't watch that video fully - cool video! But am I using right voodoopstate.kext, which I posted earilier? If you could upload it here, it would be nice.