Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) 10.10 - 10.10.1 Yosemite

stinga11

670 posts in this topic

To get iMessage working type click MacPro 6,1 in the Clover Configurator Wizard and generate a new serial number, then mix it up a bit by changing production dates. Next type uuidgen in terminal twice for two different uuids. Put one under custom UUID and the other under SmUUID. Check mark Inject ID. Lastly take your serial number and add extra alphanumeric digits to reach 17 digits then use that for your board serial number. Reboot. Test that all your numbers are valid in RT Variables. Then sign into iMessage. 

Note; You may need to call in Apple and give them the code iMessage spits out. 

I thought all you needed to do was inject ROM and MLB w/ "Inject System ID"? 

I thought all you needed to do was inject ROM and MLB w/ "Inject System ID"? 

The printout from imessage_debug in terminal has serial number, UUID, board-id, etc along with ROM and MLB. So i'm pretty sure they are important.

Also the way clover is setup is it copies your MLB from your motherboard serial number and your ROM from the last digits in your UUID. 

There are also 2 UUIDs and with my gigabyte mobo one of them that the not unique issue. 

snip

x99 audio - testers needed

Board: GA-X99-UD4

Bios: F9g

Files: 

From stinga11:

caches_rebuild.command

From X99.DMG:

AppleHDA.kext 

audio_alc_x99-hda-100-patch.command

audio_realtekALC-100.command

SSDT.aml

Clover Config:

INJECT ID : "1"

FixHDA ENABLED

NewWay DISABLED [NEWWAY BREAKS AUDIO]

Steps:

SSDT installed EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

First installed AppleHDA.Kext (don't know if this is necessary) 

Second ran the x99 command

Third ran the realtek command

Permissions were repaired with Disk Utility and cache was rebuilt after every step.

• Like 1

I don't have a hack right now, but step one for you guys would be to download IOPCIFamily-239.1.2 and try to compile it with Xcode.

That is the version of the problem. It must be version 10.9.5 or version 10.6.7 made ​​by Netkas.

Trying but getting loads of missing headers

same here on my work computer, I thought I had everything set up on it. I haven't tried it at home yet. I tried putting it in /use/local/src but it still couldn't find the libraries

To get iMessage working type click MacPro 6,1 in the Clover Configurator Wizard and generate a new serial number, then mix it up a bit by changing production dates. Next type uuidgen in terminal twice for two different uuids. Put one under custom UUID and the other under SmUUID. Check mark Inject ID. Lastly take your serial number and add extra alphanumeric digits to reach 17 digits then use that for your board serial number. Reboot. Test that all your numbers are valid in RT Variables. Then sign into iMessage. 

Note; You may need to call in Apple and give them the code iMessage spits out. 

Why is it that I have to call to Apple after applying these settings? Is there a way to avoid this?

And in Rt variables it just shows all the numbers I added in SMBIOS so what should I compare and what makes this as passed?

Hi all,

I'm having a different (and most likely noob-ish) problem on my side.  I managed to get Yosemite installed on my 5960X, X99 Deluxe w/GTX 980 SLI.  I used the USB Boot from the other guys, patched kernel, and Stinga11's Kext Pack (life-saver!) and installed on a separate SSD (I have one for OSX and one for Windows).  I had a funny problem where I kept getting a black screen post-install until I plugged in an old DVI monitor (running a 4K Samsung off of DP).  I also installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers for the GTX 980.

I can boot into OS X from the USB, have WiFI internet, LAN seems to work but dies if I try speedtest.net to check (upload doesn't work, then the whole LAN adapter seems to not work), USB3, no sound.  I can reboot (takes about 5 seconds to restart) and it wakes from sleep but my keyboard/mouse don't seem to respond (I was able to screenshare and use them via my MacBookPro).  I have access to App Store and iCloud.

I installed Clover and ran the configurator.  Set up SMBIOS to MacPro 6,1, set up boot args (npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1).  When I boot from Clover, it seems to get stuck after the Clover boot screen (when choosing Macintosh HD) on "efiboot loaded from device: apci(bunch of stuff) boot file path: System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi" and sits there indefinitely.

Thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

EDIT / UPDATE:  Have been able to get sound / USB3 / LAN (mostly) working - was just a matter of clearing cache / repairing permissions before reboot.  Sound required both the HDAEnabler.kext, AppleHDA.kext (both Stinga11) and Toleda's audio patch).  Now just need to figure out how to get off of the USB key boot.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm having a different (and most likely noob-ish) problem on my side. I managed to get Yosemite installed on my 5960X, X99 Deluxe w/GTX 980 SLI. I used the USB Boot from the other guys, patched kernel, and Stinga11's Kext Pack (life-saver!) and installed on a separate SSD (I have one for OSX and one for Windows). I had a funny problem where I kept getting a black screen post-install until I plugged in an old DVI monitor (running a 4K Samsung off of DP). I also installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers for the GTX 980.

I can boot into OS X from the USB, have WiFI internet, LAN seems to work but dies if I try speedtest.net to check (upload doesn't work, then the whole LAN adapter seems to not work), USB3, no sound. I can reboot (takes about 5 seconds to restart) and it wakes from sleep but my keyboard/mouse don't seem to respond (I was able to screenshare and use them via my MacBookPro). I have access to App Store and iCloud.

I installed Clover and ran the configurator. Set up SMBIOS to MacPro 6,1, set up boot args (npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1). When I boot from Clover, it seems to get stuck after the Clover boot screen (when choosing Macintosh HD) on "efiboot loaded from device: apci(bunch of stuff) boot file path: System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi" and sits there indefinitely.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

EDIT / UPDATE: Have been able to get sound / USB3 / LAN (mostly) working - was just a matter of clearing cache / repairing permissions before reboot. Sound required both the HDAEnabler.kext, AppleHDA.kext (both Stinga11) and Toleda's audio patch). Now just need to figure out how to get off of the USB key boot.

Have you updated your bios to the latest? AFAIK that's supposed to fix the issue with having to boot from USB.

Have you updated your bios to the latest? AFAIK that's supposed to fix the issue with having to boot from USB.

Yep!  On Bios version 1004.  But I did have to disable secure boot for it to even allow Clover to run.   Clover starts up, I get the clover boot selection screen, then when I choose Macintosh HD, it goes to the verbose text screen and gets to the APTIO section with the last line being "boot file path: System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi" so it seems like the clover boot starts up, but can't seem to engage the MacHD drive after that?  At least my uneducated guess.

Yep!  On Bios version 1004.  But I did have to disable secure boot for it to even allow Clover to run.   Clover starts up, I get the clover boot selection screen, then when I choose Macintosh HD, it goes to the verbose text screen and gets to the APTIO section with the last line being "boot file path: System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi" so it seems like the clover boot starts up, but can't seem to engage the MacHD drive after that?  At least my uneducated guess.

That's odd. Can you post your config.plist as well as a screen shot (if you can get one)? I don't remember what all it shows on the screen before it loads boot.efi.

You need to be able to compile this kext, otherwise no changes can be made to the kext. Which is what you want ;)

I would like to compile the Netkas IOPCIFamily with support for Yosemite. Since this version is not necessary to change the ACPI kext. Also with this version is not necessary to use the NCPI=0x2000.

http://netkas.org/?p=1072

Here's a quick snap and the config.plist.  Thanks for taking a look, Jamie!

I had the same prob.  Boot back in from other boot loader and run Stinga's cache.command.  I also had to change VBoxHFS-64.efi under EFI>EFI>CLOVER>drivers64UEFI to HFSPlus-64.efi to read my file system (found Here).  Shut down... Boot into BIOS --> Disable CSM and then set safe boot to "Other OS".  Boot back into BIOS and make sure your settings took (my Safe Boot "Other OS" didn't take the first time).  Make sure that your Clover disk (OS X disk) is set as the default boot disk.  If I booted into BIOS, then into the Clover disk from there, I would get that error.  Not sure why or if this was even the reason, but I had to let the computer boot all the way to the Clover screen with no interruptions (not booting into BIOS first, then selecting disk).  Then it would run.  Also, NO NEED to use -v. Good luck.  This is what worked for me, not sure if it was one or all of those things... Do you have Andrew's (Rampage Dev) SSDT installed?  I also noticed you have two Maxwell GPUs, if you get a black screen after the Apple logo, try switching to the other GPU (literally unplugging your cable from one and into the other), under 6,1 SMBios the GPUs tend to switch back and forth - the login screen should pop up...  Ps. I didn't have the time to look at your config.plist, but Andrew has a great starting point on his DMG. 

PS. Rampage Dev just updated his X99.dmg for Yosemite.  Thanks Andrew!

On another note:  Has anyone got on-board 5Ghz WiFi working on the Asus X99-Deluxe?

I had the same prob.  Boot back in from other boot loader and run Stinga's cache.command.  I also had to change VBoxHFS-64.efi under EFI>EFI>CLOVER>drivers64UEFI to HFSPlus-64.efi to read my file system (found Here).  Shut down... Boot into BIOS --> Disable CSM and then set safe boot to "Other OS".  Boot back into BIOS and make sure your settings took (my Safe Boot "Other OS" didn't take the first time).  Make sure that your Clover disk (OS X disk) is set as the default boot disk.  If I booted into BIOS, then into the Clover disk from there, I would get that error.  Not sure why or if this was even the reason, but I had to let the computer boot all the way to the Clover screen with no interruptions (not booting into BIOS first, then selecting disk).  Then it would run.  Also, NO NEED to use -v. Good luck.  This is what worked for me, not sure if it was one or all of those things... Do you have Andrew's (Rampage Dev) SSDT installed?  I also noticed you have two Maxwell GPUs, if you get a black screen after the Apple logo, try switching to the other GPU (literally unplugging your cable from one and into the other), under 6,1 SMBios the GPUs tend to switch back and forth - the login screen should pop up...  Ps. I didn't have the time to look at your config.plist, but Andrew has a great starting point on his DMG. 

PS. Rampage Dev just updated his X99.dmg for Yosemite.  Thanks Andrew!

On another note:  Has anyone got on-board 5Ghz WiFi working on the Asus X99-Deluxe?

Worked!  A million thanks.  Quick question about the black screen (which did happen).  Would it be better to run off of a different SMBios (5,1 for example - the USB key boot was 3,1) so that doesn't happen?  Does it switch randomly or just the initial time?  I'll be dual booting with Windows and obviously don't want to switch back-and-forth every time it changes.

Why is it that I have to call to Apple after applying these settings? Is there a way to avoid this?

And in Rt variables it just shows all the numbers I added in SMBIOS so what should I compare and what makes this as passed?

Because your UUID/ROM/MLB numbers aren't registered with Apple so there is a high possibly it wont just work. 

You can skip calling apple if you plug in values from an existing/working mac or it just works without an error code. 

If it shows the numbers you entered into SMBIOS then it is working correctly. 

Specifically you want to see

BOTH UUIDS you entered. 

ROM number based on the last digits of your UUID

MLB number based on your motherboard serial number (which you entered based on your regular serial number) 

Worked!  A million thanks.  Quick question about the black screen (which did happen).  Would it be better to run off of a different SMBios (5,1 for example - the USB key boot was 3,1) so that doesn't happen?  Does it switch randomly or just the initial time?  I'll be dual booting with Windows and obviously don't want to switch back-and-forth every time it changes.

For most things it doesn't matter but I'm going with the 6,1 because it's the only LGA 2011 based Mac. 

Because your UUID/ROM/MLB numbers aren't registered with Apple so there is a high possibly it wont just work.

You can skip calling apple if you plug in values from an existing/working mac or it just works without an error code.

If it shows the numbers you entered into SMBIOS then it is working correctly.

Specifically you want to see

BOTH UUIDS you entered.

ROM number based on the last digits of your UUID

MLB number based on your motherboard serial number (which you entered based on your regular serial number)

For most things it doesn't matter but I'm going with the 6,1 because it's the only LGA 2011 based Mac.

probably the closest smbios, although I don't know how much it matters right now since there's no power management, I believe certain graphics card and monitor combinations have led to a black screen with 6,1. I think that's mostly a problem with 4k monitors though.

Yep!  No problem.  Glad I could help.  It was a very frustrating problem to overcome.  Anyhow... There is a fix for the GPUs switching, and yes it does happen intermittently every other boot or so.  Switching to 5,1 eliminates the GPU problem, but then denies you all of the services 6,1 provides.  

For 6,1 Stinga11 suggested to me that I use AppleGraphicsControl.kext from 10.9.2 and it's worked pretty well for me so far.  There is a slight drawback... Maybe one out of 10-15 boots there is some type of error which requires me to unplug my DisplayPort cable for 5 secs and plug it back in.  You'll know if it's happening because the screen will be slightly distorted, but this may be an independent hardware issue on my end, it may not happen to you.  What slots are your GPUs in (a patched SSDT for the second card also helped me - although this is mostly cosmetic)?  Below is a link to that .kext, put it in your EFI>CLOVER>kexts>10.10 folder in case it doesn't work for you, then you can just remove it and reset caches if it fails.  

Good luck! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1is0frhh85n7ftf/AppleGraphicsControl.kext.zip?dl=0

wow - I went out of town for a weekend adn come back to all the problems solved.  I can report i am another user successfully booting into 10.10 with 5960x and asus x99-deluxe.  I still am working through audio and cosmetics.  Will tackle imessage last.  

For those that come behind - Bomerr post 212 was invaluable.  After installing clover i used rampagedev's x99.dmg (and included PDF) to configure get the install set up properly.  I am using his plist with clover v2988 and seems to be booting without issue.  I assume his instructions for audio fix will also work.

I noticed there are no links to "clover configurator."  of course a Google search comes up with places is is hosted...is there a recommend place to grab it from?

Thanks to all the folks that have helped.  Is there any testing still needed

Edit - spoke to soon - forgot to check Ethernet and i am having a heck of a time getting it figured out.  I am using clover, put the two kext (applegb.kext and appleintele100e.kext) in efi\clover\kext\10.10.  Thought that would make it just work - turns out i don't have any Ethernet interfaces shown in preferences.  During the install i selected something like ~this computer does not connect to the internet~  I was thinking it would allow me to figure out the imessage thing before getting myself locked out.  Is there any reason why just dropping the kext in 10.10 shouldn't just work?

Edit2 - Ethernet fixed turns out it was a matter of rebuilding cache (caches rebuild command and kext wizard).  A word of note, if using Rampagedev's patches for audio, do not restart before applying both patches.  First patch only resulted in a no-boot situation (apple screen then auto-restart)

Edit3 - got base AppleHDA.kext restored (install HDD into another working machine then copy into S/L/E from rampage dmg) so can boot now...have not tried to patch again.  My go-to tool is now kext wizard, i seem to run repair permissions/rebuild cache after any change.  I am seeing random kernel panics during start-up.  Does not seem to be repeatable and restarting will make it go away.  Changed graphics card to 650ti to see if that helps.  Still need to work through audio and imessage.

Edit5 - still struggling to boot with clover.  had to resort back to the other guy to try and make progress.  I am getting kernel panics at random points throughout boot - most of the time it is not just hang but an auto-reboot.  Hoping to salvage this install :-/

Edit6 - solved by fixing clover configuration.  so many changes, tough to really pinpoint what fixed the problem.  working to get sleep (well wake actually) and then back to audio.  darkwake=1 was not successful.  Am i the only one that cannot wake or does everyone else just accept it due to non-supported CPU

Edit7 - Audio up and running - ran both patches (audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch and audio_realtekALC-100) in that order, disk utility to repair permissions then stinga cache rebuild and audio is u p.  Ethernet is working.  Still showing unknown for CPU type.  Sleep "works" but cannot wake (fans come on, but no display-just black screen with monitors in power save mode).  will monitor to see how often i get a kernel panic during boot.  calling it success for now