Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) 10.10 - 10.10.1 Yosemite

stinga11

670 posts in this topic

For now I have following problems:

No audio

No ethernet

System freeze on shutdown

System freeze on wake from sleep

So basically nothing works yet, except full GPU accel.

I looked around and found that audio is common problem on this board. But ethernet? Maybe result of using old PCIPlatform?

I tried RampageDev's X99 dmg and kexts, did not really improve anything  :wacko:

Maybe he has more info on progress with these issues.

I will try Clover as well tomorrow. It would be better to get it working since RampageDev and others support it primarily.

Shouldn't that mean 5930K would have the same issue? i asked if anyone was running one but got no response... Probably because 5820K is the better value.

Can this be disabled by SSDT? I'm trying to edit Cindori's DSDT and there's references everywhere, it's pretty confusing, I have a feeling I'm going to accidentally comment out PCI0 somewhere.

I have 5930k running yosemite but I get terrible VM performance in paralles and fusion.  I also get the occasional video lag.  I have not tried changing PCIe slots yet. 

So I just installed Yosemite on my Asus X99 Deluxe with 5960X without another Mac, but I do have 10.9.5 installed.  This is how I did it:

1. Make sure you have a working 10.9.5 install - duh.

2. Create a USB install using unib%^st (don't judge - a first time for me too)

3. Follow instructions on that guy's X99 Yosemite Temporary Guide (patch kernel etc)

4. While in 10.9.5 delete stock AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily from USB/S/L/E and then remove all kexts from Extra on your finished USB installer

5. Copy over the 4 kexts Stinga has supplied to USB/S/L/E (these kexts are for 5960X users only!)

6. Boot USB with -v -f npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 (possible nv_disable=1 dependent on your GPU)

7. Run through install

8. Reboot into USB installer and copy over patched kernel via Terminal then shutdown

9. Reboot into your 10.9.5 installation and delete/copy the above said kexts into /Yosemite/S/L/E (same process as installer)

10. Reboot via Uni*&%st USB and finish install with same flags as above

11. Rebuild caches/Permissions, install Graphics Driver etc...

12. Install Chameleon/Clover

That's it!

Thank you Stinga for thinking of this old trick! Thanks to all Devs that have been working on 10.10!  I thought it was gonna be a while before this happened... Couldn't be more pleased!

• Like 2

For now I have following problems:

No audio

No ethernet

System freeze on shutdown

System freeze on wake from sleep

So basically nothing works yet, except full GPU accel.

I looked around and found that audio is common problem on this board. But ethernet? Maybe result of using old PCIPlatform?

I tried RampageDev's X99 dmg and kexts, did not really improve anything  :wacko:

Maybe he has more info on progress with these issues.

I will try Clover as well tomorrow. It would be better to get it working since RampageDev and others support it primarily.

What kind of freeze on shutdown? Does it shut down and then get stuck at a black screen? or does it freeze before it even starts shutting down? As for the system freeze upon waking from sleep, it's probably because of lack of power management. Ethernet - Which ethernet does your board have? I think you need an appropriate kext. Audio - you can use VoodooHDA, but a patched AppleHDA is better quality. I think you need to ALC 1150 patch for your board.

What kind of freeze on shutdown? Does it shut down and then get stuck at a black screen? or does it freeze before it even starts shutting down? As for the system freeze upon waking from sleep, it's probably because of lack of power management. Ethernet - Which ethernet does your board have? I think you need an appropriate kext. Audio - you can use VoodooHDA, but a patched AppleHDA is better quality. I think you need to ALC 1150 patch for your board.

I see some command lines (~10) about CPU halt etc, then screen goes black and computer still running

I don't really care about sleep, but shutdown would be nice to fix.

I installed both AppleIntelE1000 and AppleHDA from RampageDev's x99 Asus dmg to S/L/E, it's strange that this did not help with internet/audio. But I think he is still working on Yosemite support.

I see some command lines (~10) about CPU halt etc, then screen goes black and computer still running

I don't really care about sleep, but shutdown would be nice to fix.

I installed both AppleIntelE1000 and AppleHDA from RampageDev's x99 Asus dmg to S/L/E, it's strange that this did not help with internet/audio

Are you using Clover? If you are, the shutdown fix, haltenabler, and slpsmiatwake options might fix your shutdown problem. For Intel ethernet I have no idea. Were you ever running Mavericks on it? Check in the Console and search for any error messages related to AppleIntelE1000. And just use VoodooHDA for the time being until you figure out audio. Make sure it's 2.8.7: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/download/1194-voodoohda-286-pkg-installer/ 

Hmmm, i'm stuck after the next step,

I used U**** method without issue.

I can install very well until the end then after for the 2nd boot, i have the grey Apple then

A black progress bar who is ver very very slow, then stuck.

If i use mode verbose, "-v -f npci=0x2000 dev-kext-mode=1" It write again :PCI configuration begin ?

Are you using Clover? If you are, the shutdown fix, haltenabler, and slpsmiatwake options might fix your shutdown problem. For Intel ethernet I have no idea. Were you ever running Mavericks on it? Check in the Console and search for any error messages related to AppleIntelE1000. And just use VoodooHDA for the time being until you figure out audio. Make sure it's 2.8.7: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/download/1194-voodoohda-286-pkg-installer/ 

no, currently on chimera. Will install clover tomorrow

Hmmm, i'm stuck after the next step,

I used U**** method without issue.

I can install very well until the end then after for the 2nd boot, i have the grey Apple then

A black progress bar who is ver very very slow, then stuck.

If i use mode verbose, "-v -f npci=0x2000 dev-kext-mode=1" It write again :PCI configuration begin

you need to redo the process with stinga11's kexts, after installing

as noted in step 9 in onmybikedrunk's steps

thanks but i did it..

sounds like it's still loading the old kexts from the kernel cache. Try booting with UseKernelCache=No if it's not already in your org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Edit: or you can delete the kernel cache manually.

ok i will try ,

but i'm always not in the desktop, i'm stuck just after the first installation, i'm waiting the " Welcome on yosemite " so i didn't have time to install (org.chameleon.....)

I think you have it, you just don't know it. It probably wouldn't boot without it. Anyway, on second thought, I would just delete the caches manually. I'm on my phone right note so I don't remember the exact location but I'm sure you can find it

Netkas creates a one solution and with this solution we only replace a one kexts instead both but I need someone compile for yosemite 

I dont know anything about c++

http://netkas.org/?p=1072

Yes, you are the first in the entire planet that can run the yosemite on 5960x

I sent an email to pikeralpha cross your fingers for he accepts helping us.

pikeralpha told me that he can help us.

• Like 2

For internet use both the AppleGB.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext from Un|beast. 

For USB 3.0 use GenericUSBXHCI.kext from mu|tibeast. (you can verify you have USB 3.0 working by hooking up your iPhone 6 and seeing if it draws an additional 1500 ma)

For shutdown/reboot you need the RC scripts from the clover installer. 

For iMessage inject System ID in clover and Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS with a custom UUID, SmUUID, Serial Number, Motherboard Serial Number.

For TRIM Chameleon SSD. 

For audio voodoo will work but its terrible quality. 

the .kext in rampages x99.dmg are no good. 

No need to use Chameleon SSD.

Here is a Clover autopatch for trim so you don't have to do it after every update:

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>
</dict>

what do you mean when you say the kexts are "no good?" Do you mean they just don't work on Yosemite? Because he isn't supporting Yosemite on X99 yet.

No need to use Chameleon SSD.

Here is a Clover autopatch for trim so you don't have to do it after every update:

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>
</dict>

what do you mean when you say the kexts are "no good?" Do you mean they just don't work on Yosemite? Because he isn't supporting Yosemite on X99 yet.

I think i tried that patch but it didn't work. 

Yes i tried, i made a new instalationl on a new hard drive to see if i's better but it's same issue (PCI config)

Something Wrong in the bios?

i repeat: my key installer works but after when i want continue the installation, it's stuck

Yes i tried, i makedddd a new install on a new disk.

Same issue

Something Wrong in the bios?

It's weird because if it was a problem in the bios it would not work on 10.9.5. you have a firewire card, wifi card or thunder bolt card ??? if you have one of these try remove them. Only for test

yes i have a thunderbolt card.. i try...

but onmybikedrunk succeed and i see in his profile a thunderbolt card, so...

Really did not know. Well this is not the problem